Author Topic: HawthoRNe Episode Reviews  (Read 2721 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
HawthoRNe Episode Reviews
« on: June 21, 2013, 08:03:30 PM »

At Richmond Trinity Hospital, nurse Christina Hawthorne (Jada Pinkett Smith) is locked in a battle against forces far too large for any one person to handle. Whether fighting to see that a homeless woman is treated like a human being, talking a close friend and suicidal cancer patient off a ledge, accommodating the clashing egos of the hospital's talented doctors and administrators, or managing a nursing staff of grizzled veterans and idealistic young rookies, Christina's the much-needed conscience for an organization that all too often forgets whom it's there to serve. Still learning to cope with the death of her husband and make peace with her powerful and grieving mother-in-law. Christina looks to balance her pressure cooker career with raising a smart but willfull teenage girl as she tries to change a broken system, one patient at a time. Also starring David Julian Hirsh (Confessions of a Dangerous Mind), Christina Moore (TV's "90210"), Suieka Mathew (TV's "Men in Trees"), Hannah Hodson and Michael Vartan (TV's "Alias").

My Comments:
As some of you may remember... yes I have watched this series not all that long ago. But I barely written anything about them... and I had a friend (on another forum) ask me to do one of my episode review threads on it. So thought I would start on this alongside of my Weekend Movie Marathon. And thought this was a good time to start since I already watched 3 movies today alone... on the very first day! :P

I will review each episode of the entire series run... but it shouldn't take all that long considering it only lasted 3 seasons... a total of 30 episodes.

Here is the rating scale I will be using for this thread (1 site knows it by heart as everyone use it there)...

= Excellent Episode... a must see!
= Very Good
= Good
= Average
= Below Average (Bad Episode)
= Terrible Episode... Don't waste your time!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: HawthoRNe Episode Reviews
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »
HawthoRNe: Season 1 Ep. 1

PILOT
Christina, a strong and caring hospital nursing director and single mother, negotiates the monumental challenges of her job while raising a smart, willful teenager.

Notable Guest Stars:
DB Woodside (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 24) as David

My Thoughts:
This is a very good start to the series. It does a good job at introducing all the characters. The medical cases worked on in this episode is only average... but they did have to set up the entire series with this one so understandable.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 10:04:52 PM »
HawthoRNe: Season 1 Ep. 2

HEALING TIME
A patient with a potentially fatal aneurysm believes Christina is his wife and confesses to having an affair.

Notable Guest Stars:
Malcolm-Jamal Warner (The Cosby Show) as Fred
Cloris Leachman (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) as Mrs. Lachman

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this one quite a bit as well. Good medical cases... good side storylines. I liked the character Cloris Leachman played. It is a shame they weren't able to get her for more then one episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 01:05:01 AM »
HawthoRNe: Season 1 Ep. 3

YIELDING
An overprotective mother is suspected of poisoning her infant daughter, Christina looks to honor her promise to keep an old woman on life support long enough for her son to say his last goodbyes.

Notable Guest Stars:
No One Recognized

My Thoughts:
Another very good episode. I really liked the storyline with the infant... especially the way it ended.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 12:37:20 AM »
HawthoRNe: Season 1 Ep. 4

ALL THE WRONG PLACES
As Christina uncovers a rare disorder that could place an accident victim and her young son in grave danger, Bobbie is pressed to counsel a young man facing the loss of an arm.

Notable Guest Stars:
DB Woodside (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 24) as David

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed... though not quite as much as the previous ones. I actually enjoyed the side story about the amputee then I did the main storyline.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 03:03:25 AM »
HawthoRNe: Season 1 Ep. 5

THE SENSE OF BELONGING
Ray is ordered to keep Amanda Hawthorne's upcoming biopsy a secret, while Christina confronts the hospital's star surgeon over a delicate brain operation for a long-time patient.

Notable Guest Stars:
No One Recognized

My Thoughts:
A good episode... but not great. I enjoyed both storylines in this episode. Though it seems like to me they could have done a little more with the storyline of Amanda Hawthorne (Title character's mother in law). Of the two storylines I found the one with the brain surgery more entertaining. With this episode watched... I am now half way done season one.

My Rating:
Pete