Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Stars in the Movies  (Read 5703 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Stars in the Movies
« on: April 19, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »
Weekend Movie Marathon:
TV Stars in the Movies
It has been so long since I attempted to do a weekend movie marathon. So thought it was time to try my hand at one again. But since it has been so long I did one... I didn't want to limit what I am able to watch too much. So thought I would pull out one of my old favorites. TV Stars in the movies. And believe me when I say this will open up what I am able to watch big time... I literally have hundreds of films with cast members that has starred in a TV series.

I don't know what this weekend has in store for me. I know I have quite a bit to do this weekend... especially in the mornings. So I am setting my goal pretty low for this weekend. I hope to watch 6 films this weekend. That is only an average of 2 films per day. I hope I will be able to do at least that much!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Stars in the Movies
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 07:11:22 PM »
     Couples Retreat (2009/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Director:Peter Billingsley
Writing:Jon Favreau (Writer), Vince Vaughn (Writer), Dana Fox (Writer)
Length:114 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Vince Vaughn as Dave
Jason Bateman as Jason
Faizon Love as Shane
Jon Favreau as Joey
Malin Akerman as Ronnie
Kristen Bell as Cynthia

Plot:
Vince Vaughn leads an all-star cast in the laugh-out-loud comedy about eight friends whose vacation in paradise is one they'll never forget. Their group-rate vacation comes at a price when they discover that participation in the resort's unconventional couples therapy activities is anything but optional. Co-starring Jason Bateman, Jon Favreau, Faizon Love, Kristin Davis, Kristen Bell and Malin Akerman, Couples Retreat is a hilarious party in paradise, loaded with laughter and fun!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
I have caught this film before, it was either on cable or we got the disc from Netflix... not sure which. I picked this one to watch because I have become a fan of Kristen Bell since first seeing her series Veronica Mars. On the other hand... it also has Jason Bateman in it as well. And he is one I never been a fan of. I don't know... not saying he is a terrible actor or anything. Just something about him that has always bugged me.

As for the film itself. I would say no more then average. It is good enough to keep my attention through-out. But that is about it. There is no real laughs here. Nothing all that special.

TV Stars in This Film:
Jason Bateman: Arrested Development, The Hogan Family, Silver Spoons
Kristen Bell: Veronica Mars, House of Lies
Kristin Davis: Sex and the City

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 12:35:15 AM »
    Alice in Wonderland (2010/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Director:Tim Burton
Writing:Linda Woolverton (Screenwriter), Lewis Carroll (Original Material By)
Length:109 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Johnny Depp as Mad Hatter
Mia Wasikowska as Alice
Helena Bonham Carter as Red Queen
Anne Hathaway as White Queen
Crispin Glover as Stayne - Knave of Hearts
Matt Lucas as Tweedledee/Tweedledum

Plot:
Tumble down the rabbit hole with Alice for a fantastical adventure from Walt Disney Pictures and Tim Burton. Inviting and magical, Alice In Wonderland is an imaginative new twist on one of the most beloved stories of all time. Alice (Mia Wasikowska), now 19 years old, returns to the whimsical world she first entered as a child abd embarks on a journey to discover her true destiny. This Wonderland is a world beyond your imagination and unlike anything you've seen before. The extraordinary characters you've loved come to life richer and more colorful than ever. There's the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp), the White Queen (Anne Hathaway), the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter), the White Rabbit (Michael Sheen) and more. A triumphant cinematic experience – Alice In Wonderland is an incredible feast for your eyes , ears and heart that will captivate audiences of all sizes.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This is the second time I saw this film... first time on DVD. I originally watched this one on On-Demand. I watched this one with Brittany. And we both enjoyed this one quite a bit. The visuals on this one was fantastic... I could only imagine how nice this would look on  BR disc. The story, even though is well known, keeps your interest with ease. If by some chance you haven't gotten to see this one yet... I definitely recommend it.

TV Stars in this Film:
Johnny Depp: 21 Jump Street

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 07:38:08 PM »
     Wild Hogs (2007/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Touchstone Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Walt Becker
Writing:Brad Copeland (Writer)
Length:100 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Mono

Stars:
Tim Allen as Doug Madsen
John Travolta as Woody Stevens
Martin Lawrence as Bobby Davis
William H. Macy as Dudley Frank
Ray Liotta as Jack
Marisa Tomei as Maggie

Plot:
Tim Allen, John Travolta, Martin Lawrence and Willilam H. Macy star in Wild Hogs, the hysterically funny comedy about four weekend-warrior friends who decide to rev up their ho-hum suburban lives with a cross-country motorcycle adventure. They don their leathers, fire up their hogs and throw caution and their cell phones to the wind as they hit the open highway. But a lot can happen on the road to nowhere, including a run-in with the bad-to-the-bone Del Fuegos, a real biker gang who don't take kindly on wannabes. Filled with hilarious misadventures, screwball situations and madcap mayhem, this laugh-out-loud comedy is a movie your family will go hog wild over.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
This is another one I watched with Brittany. We both enjoyed it quite a bit. We literally laughed out loud more then once during this film. I always did find Tim Allen to be funny.... the same goes for Martin Lawrence. Even John Travolta had a few good laughs here... and I don't normally think of him as comedic. I personally never cared much for William H. Macy.... but I even liked him in this one. If you never had the chance to check it out... I would recommend this one.

TV Stars in this Film:
Tim Allen: Home Improvement
John Travolta: Welcome Back Kotter
William H. Macy: Shameless

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 02:18:22 AM »
I really love "Wild Hogs".  It is just great fun to watch and I laugh every time.  And William H. Macy .. i know I like him in everything I see him in ... but he is so funny here.  What a geek :)
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 07:32:50 AM »
I really enjoyed it too.  I need to watch it again.