Author Topic: Blu-ray Slipcovers  (Read 1742 times)

Sharpy

Blu-ray Slipcovers
« on: March 28, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »
Hi All! I just wanted to go on a (little) rant and wondered if many other people have the same issue.BLU SLIPS! amazon!!!!!why o why does this keep happenin. Im ordering films which I know full well there meant to have the slipcovers with, and yet so many of the films I get (not all) dont come with them.I know some films have limited edition versions of slips which doesnt always mean ull get the fancy 3D effect ones (lenticulararar , hmmm my spellings not so good haha) but im not even gettin the standard slips , for example recently .... Ill Manors , Braveheart , The Eagle and Fertile Ground are just a couple which Ive got lately , no slips...and I know they should have them ...hmmmm. Oh I should have mentioned everything is brand new.O well maybe Im just bein picky  :whistle: ,but im strange like that....I want my slips!any1 else have the same sort of issues?take care allllll  :)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Blu-ray Slipcovers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 05:10:00 AM »
Even the standard slip covers often have a limited run. Meaning if you buy a Blu-ray long time after release the slip may no longer be available. So, while that would explain the issue with Braveheart, Ill Manors is fairly new...

It happened to me once or twice, but not many times.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
Some people hate them and throw them out. I don't really care one way or the other.  :tomato:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 05:52:16 PM »
I'm one of them :laugh:

I just don't see the point when the cover is the same...

Sharpy

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »
Ahhh I didnt realise they could become no longer available. haha I know most people dont care about them , but for some reason it bugs me so much when films turn up in the post without the slips ( I really wish it wouldnt bother me lol ) . Ive even been lookin up on ebay for the slipcovers I dont have , LUCKILY I havent brought any yet lol . Maybe Ill stop caring about them soon! arghhhh I need a Dr. lol  :stars:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 12:21:42 AM »
Ahhh I didnt realise they could become no longer available. haha I know most people dont care about them , but for some reason it bugs me so much when films turn up in the post without the slips ( I really wish it wouldnt bother me lol ) . Ive even been lookin up on ebay for the slipcovers I dont have , LUCKILY I havent brought any yet lol . Maybe Ill stop caring about them soon! arghhhh I need a Dr. lol  :stars:
I used to throw them away too :bag: (in the beginning of me collecting DVDs).

This is a forum of collectors, we mostly care. You don't need a doctor, it's all part of the addiction. :laugh:

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »
I am in the (slow) process of storing my DVDs in binders, together with the artwork, to save space. I've thrown away several hundreds of keepcases, but I just don't have the heart to throw away the slipcovers. I guess I'll have to, eventually. I have a really hard time throwing stuff away...  :-[

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »
It has been a while... but a couple years ago I was in a store (think maybe Walmart?) and saw someone stocking the DVD shelf... trashing the slip covers and just putting the DVD in the keep case on the shelf. No idea why... I just walked by... didn't say a word.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 06:22:46 PM »
I saw them doing that at Target also not too long ago - I've seen slip covers being sold on ebay and here are employees tossing them in the trash.