Author Topic: Collectors Research  (Read 1996 times)

dougcorrea

Collectors Research
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:25:22 PM »
Hi friends,

I'm making a research about collector's problems and I would you help me on this.

So I ask for you, collector to answer this only 13 questions and it will not take more than 5 minutes of your day, and help me to work on collector's problems.

Survey in english: http://bit.ly/mpo-en

Survey in spanish: http://bit.ly/mpo-spa

Survey in portuguese: http://bit.ly/mpo-pt-br

* Moderators, if this kind of post is not allowed here, I'm sorry and you can delete this if it is needed.

samuelrichardscott

Re: Collectors Research
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:59:23 PM »
Done. Sounds like you want to enter the collection software market. Unfortunately, you're going to have to something special to break into it. Most here use Invelos which is very flawed but also very user friendly.

dougcorrea

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:34:17 PM »
Thank you samuelrichardscott,

I know Invelos and it it pretty good mainly regarding "user friendly" criteria :)

I'm making this research to know other problems that collectors, like us, have while catalog and "expading" collection...to try improve that experiencies too.

:)

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 02:08:51 AM »
Done. Sounds like you want to enter the collection software market. Unfortunately, you're going to have to something special to break into it. Most here use Invelos which is very flawed but also very user friendly.
So just make something user friendly and not quite a flawed.  Sounds really good to me.

The only problem I can see with creating a new system, besides the time, is the database of movies.
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 02:11:57 AM »
DougCorrea;

Done .. but you should change your questionaire.  

When asked if I use a tool .. yes several as there really isn't a good 'one tool fits all' out there.  At least none that I like <sigh> guess i am stuck with dvdProfiler for DVDs.  

But have another one for Music and another one for video files and another one for ...

Also, i could give a crap about Facebook, twitter etc but I do like having my collection on line (at least my dvds through he use of phpDvdProfiler .. a great tool that uses data from dvdProfiler).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:14:44 AM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 05:30:37 AM »
Done as well.

There was a question if we display the collection online. I didn't feel I could use any of the options, as I am using phpDVDProfiler, which uses an XML export to create a PHP website to display. It also creates the banner below showing what I have watched recently.

FWIW, tracking what I have watched and when is one of the most important features to me.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 06:07:01 AM »
I did it as well...

It also creates the banner below showing what I have watched recently.
I use it to create a banner for what I purchase too, I use that one here and on another forum.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »
I use it to create a banner for what I purchase too, I use that one here and on another forum.

I see that with you and Karsten too. I'm too lazy to set one up for myself :bag:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »

I see that with you and Karsten too. I'm too lazy to set one up for myself :bag:

As of CCViewer version 3.2.2 it also supports generating such banners. Including the possibility to do this via the scripting interface. And I have written me a script which I just have to call and it will update both of my banners. And as I have mine in the public area of my dropbox, it is automatically synched with the online copy.

I also have my online collection generated by CCViewer. Also synched via dropbox.