Author Topic: What do you love?  (Read 5237 times)

samuelrichardscott

What do you love?
« on: January 13, 2013, 08:58:47 PM »
As title. Come across something that brightens your day or something weird you just love then post it.

I love Amazon's one click ordering system. Stops having to go through an extra 8 seconds of screens. :laugh:

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What do you love?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »
Seems like you have a bit of Ying and Yang thing going on from your post on the 'Hate' topic  :slaphead:

I really love this forum.  Being able to feel *free* to express opinions without sarcastic, close minded replies has been very refreshing.
Thank you
David

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:20:43 PM »
As a hockey fan I sure love that one :thumbup:

Canadiens send Gomez home for the season; will likely be bought out over summer

It's about time! Good riddance :clap:

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:34:39 PM »
Uhm, i love.. Traveling, good movies! (ofc)
Tattoos!  And sport. =)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:51:09 AM »
Tattoos!
Do you have many yourself or just generally love them?
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »
Tattoos!
Do you have many yourself or just generally love them?

Depends on what you think are many.. :)

But i got a 'few' myself. I got a sleeve, a half sleeve. And a few other here and there
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »
That we will get to vote to leave the EU in 2017. :yahoo:

I like what the EU represents, but it's a money pit for the UK, Germany and France.

Rogmeister

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:08:47 AM »
I love cats, especially ones that like me back like my cat Cindy (the one in my profile photo). 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 03:29:48 AM »
I like what the EU represents, but it's a money pit for the UK.
I'm sure you didn't say that in 1976 when the IMF came to save your country from total bankruptcy...  :hmmmm:

See sometimes other countries can save your ass when you are in trouble and there is nothing shamefull for them to expect the same from the countries they help...

This is not a money pit but an escalator return...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:33:06 AM by Jimmy »

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 09:52:40 AM »
The IMF is nothing to do with the EU.

Also, by money pit, I don't just mean by bailing everyone out,  but also the waste of money that are MEPs, the horrendous beaurocracy of EU laws, the cost of allowing people from other EU countries to come here and use our generous housing, disability and unemployment systems which are becoming stretched because of the EU not allowing us to keep people out or even kick out a lot of the criminals.

Also, I want to leave the EU so we can keep our national identity. Screw the EU.

This reminds me. Screw Argentina to. The Falklands are British. They were founded by us before Argentina was even a country and the people that live there want to remain British. We're even holding a referendum. I have no problem with spending gazillions to protect any part of the UK.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
The IMF is nothing to do with the EU.
I think I know since I'm a graduate in finance and politics :whistle:

I have no problem with spending gazillions to protect any part of the UK.
Some nostalgy of the British Empire, the great period when the kingdom was free to steal the primary ressource of the colonies.... Funny because we continue to waste a fortune on that to support your monarchy even if we have cut the chain a long time ago.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:39:11 AM by Jimmy »

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 12:20:22 PM »
The IMF and the EU ARE two completely different things. I'm talking about how much it costs the UK to be a part of the EU which is currently £65billion a year - money that could be better spent here in the UK. Of course the IMF and the EU have a 'relationship' but you're confusing my issue.

I have nothing against handing out money as 'aid' to poorer countries for other things. In fact, only Denmark, Luxembourg and Sweden give a higher % of their GDP as aid than us. (we give 0.57% compared to USA 0.2%, Germany 0.38%, Canada 0.33%). All these countries have agreed to 0.7% by I think its 2016.

As for the other comment... I'll leave it as I'm not going to be drawn into a pointless argument about the British Empire because that isn't what this is about.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:26:50 PM by samuelrichardscott »

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »
Just one more thing to think about before you happily vote to leave the EU:

What do you think how many of the Non-European companies are going to stay in GB after you left the EU?
Currently they are there for two reasons:
1) Low taxes
2) Part of the common market

If informed correctly more than 50% of your current export goes to countries within the EU.
How much do you think it will be after the split?
How much do you think the totals will be after the split?

In fact the EU will easily survive the loss of GB, I'm not so sure if the same is correct for GB though.

BTW what is the source for your 65 Billion??
Germany is by far the largest Netto-payer and only had a total of 9.2 Billion in 2011 (This means payments-refunds, of course)
According to this statistics GB had a netto-payment of 5.57 Billion only in 2011

What do you think, how much would the EU be willing to pay if in exchange we wouldn't have clean out the mess of your financial district anymore?

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »
Sorry, that should have been 6.5billion (which is what it is due to be this year). I'll respond to the rest later on!

In the meantime:

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »
"Not once, in 32 years, has Britain received more than it paid in"

Well, that seems like a healthy sign. If all countries has perfect economies, everyone would pay more than they receive. That's only natural since there are administrative costs to run EU.

Now, not all countries have perfect economies, so some receive more than they pay, while the ones with better economy receive less. At least that's the theory, I guess. One may disagree with how subsidies are distributed, or how money is spent on adminsitrating EU, but the simple fact that Britain (or whatever country) has paid more than it has received seems like a non-argument to me.