Author Topic: tempting  (Read 1827 times)

lovemunkey187

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: tempting
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 03:46:32 PM »
 :hysterical:

But seriously, I read somewhere (here..?) that occasionally sellers overprice their stuff on purpose so that buyers will actually not buy it. I forgot the reason though, but since I feel like it was Karsten who told me before, maybe he'll fill in the blank.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »
I forgot the reason though, but since I feel like it was Karsten who told me before, maybe he'll fill in the blank.

Nope, no idea what you're talking about.

I can only assume that the xXx series isn't selling all that well, especially part two (is that still with the same main actor? I've never seen either). So, by selling the double pack at just slightly more money than the single you get the buyers who don't have neither yet and maybe wouldn't buy the second one on it's own.

The calculation price of the double pack consists probably of 2/3 for the second movie and 1/3 of the first movie because the first one has already dropped in value for being on the market quite a few years.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 03:24:51 AM »
Nope, no idea what you're talking about.
Well, then it was somewhere else, maybe Invelos.

Anyway, main reason is they don't want customers to buy, it also don't want to remove the listing or the item.