Author Topic: Married with Children Episode Reviews  (Read 5720 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Married with Children Episode Reviews
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 12:36:48 PM »
Glad to hear it! A friend of mine is a huge fan of the series... he bought the season sets as they were released. He hates me for getting the entire series so cheap... but he also said he felt it was worth the extra to have the better packaging.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 07:39:49 PM »
Married with Children: Season 4 Disc 2:

8. 976-SHOE
Al asks Steve for a loan of $50,000 so he can finance his own shoe help hotline. To win a Hawaii trip, Steve sanctions it and ends up with a warning from his boss. To save his job, Marcy gives Al a loan to pay back Steve, but Al spends that too.

My Thoughts:
This is another average episode... with not much to laugh at.But it is still entertaining enough to keep your interest.

My Rating:

9. Oh, What a Feeling
Al decides to get a new car, but finds out that Peggy spent all his saved-up money, and he has to buy an old, used car.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. It has several good laughs in it. I especially liked Al at the new car lot. And him pushing several different used cars.

My Rating:

10. At the Zoo
Steve begins spending his time taking Peg, Kelly, and Bud to the zoo instead of looking for a job, which doesn't sit well with Marcy.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty fun episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. At this point you see the end is near for Steve and Marcie.

My Rating:

11. It's a Bundyful Life (Part 1)
Al promises his family a wonderful Christmas when he reveals that he put money away in a Christmas club account, but fails to get it when the bank closes early for a party.

My Thoughts:
A great start to this classic 2 part christmas episode. It has several laughs in it. Well worth the time put into it to watch.

My Rating:

12. It's a Bundyful Life (Part 2)
After Peg and the kids blow off Al to have Christmas dinner at Denny's, Al is stuck at home fixing the Christmas lights (which almost electrocute him), and meets a loud, obnoxious guardian angel who shows Al what life would be like if Al was never born.

My Thoughts:
An excellent conclusion to this season's Christmas episode. Definitely one of the best of the series. In this episode Sam Kinisin plays the guardian angel. And Ted McGinely... who returns in later seasons as a regular, Jefferson D'Arcy... plays Norman, the replacement father if Al was never born.

My Rating:

13. Who'll Stop the Rain
During a rainstorm, Al tries to fix the roof and the TV antenna. Meanwhile, Marcy is upset when Steve gets a new job at a pet store and gets bitten by one of his "pets".

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this one... it has a decent amount of laughs in it. But it isn't as good as the previous couple episodes. It was fun to see Al have so much trouble with the roof... but I think the whole Marcy bitten by the animal was a bit over-done.

My Rating:

14. A Taxing Problem
Al is faced with an audit following some "creative accounting" done by Peg, and plots to sell Peggy's hair to a desperate woman in order to pay the owed tax money.

My Thoughts:
Pretty much an average filler episode. Nothing too funny here. Though it isn't surprising. The plot of the episode didn't sound that entertaining to me.

My Rating:

Season 4 Disc 2 Thoughts:
Over-all I enjoyed this disc quite a bit. I am so glad to see this series come back to one I enjoy after such a sub-par 3rd season. I am still seeing some average filler episodes... but that is to be expected.

Extras:
- None
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »
Married with Children: Season 4 Disc 3:

15. Rock and Roll Girl
On Marcy's suggestion, Al asks everyone to earn their own money. Kelly gets a job as a dancer in a rock band's music video. Bud becomes her Agent. Meanwhile, Peg tries to find ways to earn her own money by opening her own tollbooth.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed every second of this episode. Lots of laughs here. I especially liked the scenes where Bud and Kelly was trying to get on the music video.

My Rating:

16. You Gotta Know When to Fold 'Em (Part 1)
Marcy stays at the Bundys' after Steve leaves her to pursue his dream of being a forest ranger, and Peg takes Marcy to Las Vegas to cheer her up — but not before selling Al's TV and maxing out his credit cards to pay for the trip.

My Thoughts:
I believe this is the final episode with Steve for a while. This one isn't as good as the previous episode. I don't think I laughed a single time through-out the episode. But it was still entertaining in it's own way.

My Rating:

17. You Gotta Know When to Fold 'Em (Part 2)
Al, Kelly, and Bud track down Marcy and Peg in Vegas who are desperately trying to raise money to get home — and sign Al up in a wrestling match.

My Thoughts:
I liked the second part of the story  more then I did the first. Favorite part had to be Al in the wrestling ring.

My Rating:

18. What Goes Around Comes Around
Bud tries to make amends with a girl who humiliated him in sixth grade. Meanwhile, Al prepares a speech for a high school dance, warning teens of the dangers of marriage.

My Thoughts:
This is another fun episode. The high school dance scenes were a lot of laughs. This episode has a recognizable face in it. Tiffani-Amber Thiessen plays the girl Bud is trying to get even with.

My Rating:

19. Peggy Turns 300
Al plans a special evening for Peg's birthday by taking her out to the Bowlarama where he hopes to finally beat his arch rival's high game score, but Peg bowls a perfect game and destroys Al's self-esteem.

My Thoughts:
Several laughs in this episode. I liked how they ended the episode with the whole Al has cracked sequence.

My Rating:

20. Peggy Made a Little Lamb
While going through her high school memorabilia, Peg discovers that she never passed Home Economics class in high school and must make up the lost credit by going to Kelly's Home Economics class. She is asked to make a Rack of Lamb for her finals.

My Thoughts:
This episode wasn't quite as good as the previous few... but I still enjoyed it. I liked how they ended this episode.

My Rating:

21. Raingirl
Kelly gets a job as a weather girl on a local newscast. She is given a $250,000-a-year contract, but loses it when she is unable to read the Teleprompter.

My Thoughts:
An entertaining... but average episode. It does have it's moments... but there is no real laughs here. A basic filler episode.

My Rating:

22. The Agony of Defeet
Marcy thinks she had sex with Bud after waking up next to him on the couch, thanks to a scheme by Kelly. Meanwhile, Al, who lately has been freaking out over feet, is chosen to be a judge in an odd beauty pageant.

My Thoughts:
This is a right fun episode here. I enjoyed both storylines. I definitely got a kick out of how Kelly tricked Marcy into thinking she had sex with Bud.

My Rating:

23. Yard Sale
When Al discovers that Peg has been spending money on old junk from yard sales, the Bundys have one of their own. They find it difficult to attract customers and come up with a few ideas.

My Thoughts:
This one I didn't think much of at all... just found nothing funny in this episode. For the most part just found myself a bit on the bored side while trying to get through it. Usually studios try harder then this for the season finale.

My Rating:

Season 4 Disc 3 Thoughts:
This disc completes the fourth season of the series. For the most part I enjoyed these episodes quite a bit. Though there is a couple here that I feel should have been better.

Extras:
- None
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 11:52:29 PM »
Married with Children: Season 5 Disc 1:

1. We'll Follow the Sun
Al takes the Bundys on a Labor Day drive, which comes to an immediate end when they get stuck in traffic.

My Thoughts:
This episode is a lot of fun. I enjoyed every second of it! They have a bit of a shocker in this episode... Kelly graduated high school!?! My favorite scene in this episode.... The Bundys are trapped in a traffic jam and get into a fist fight with the family in the car beside them. I always enjoyed when the Bundys got into fights together.

My Rating:

2. Al... with Kelly
Al and Kelly fake getting sick in order to get out of having to visit Peg's mother. With Peg gone, Al begins to fantasize about two blonde women who fight over him — but things get sticky when Kelly really does come down with a cold and needs her father to care for her.

My Thoughts:
Pamela Anderson has a small part in this episode as one of Al's fantasy girls. This episode also marks the first we learn of Al's favorite TV show... Psycho Dad. This is one of the funniest episodes yet. I really enjoyed every second of it! I have a feeling this one will be one of my top favorites of the series.

My Rating:

3. Sue Casa, His Casa
After Al refuses to get insurance for his car, Bud and Kelly get in an accident with a man in a Mercedes. The Mercedes owner sues them for million dollars and they counter sues them for a jillion dollars using fake injuries and Marcy's testimony.

My Thoughts:
Dr. Joyce Brothers has a guest appearance in this episode as the judge. It made for a right fun episode. Though it wasn't quite as good as the previous couple episodes.

My Rating:

4. The Unnatural
Al is replaced by a more professional softball player during the championship games. When the new player is injured, Al takes over.

My Thoughts:
This one has some moments.. but over-all isn't as good as some of the previous episodes.

My Rating:

5. The Dance Show
Peg meets a handsome man at a dance club, while Al meets the handsome man's husband. Unknowing that the handsome man is homosexual, Peg flirts with him. His husband cooks a nice meal for Al.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty fun episode. I enjoyed it a bit more then the previous one. It has a few good chuckles in it.

My Rating:

6. Kelly Bounces Back
Kelly auditions as spokesmodel for the new Allanté with the "Bundy Bounce," but her idea is stolen by one of her rivals. Meanwhile, Peg refuses to do housework until Al realizes that he needs her.

My Thoughts:
Tia Carrere appears in this episode as the girl that steals Kelly's idea. It is a pretty fun episode... enjoyed it quite a bit. I especially liked the way they ended the episode.

My Rating:

7. Married... with Aliens
After a severe head injury, Al begins to see aliens who steal his socks, which they need to fuel their ships to stop a cosmic disaster. Al's unwitting help saves many worlds from destruction... including Earth.

My Thoughts:
Felix Silla, who played Cousin Itt on The Addams Family, appears in this episode as one of the aliens. This one is a very silly... but fun episode. I definitely enjoyed it. Just not in a laugh out loud type of way.

My Rating:

8. Wabbit Season
After suffering a nervous breakdown at work, Al gets into gardening to relieve his stress, but must deal with a rabbit stealing his carrots.

My Thoughts:
A fun episode.... but not quite up there with the last few. It does have a couple decent chuckles in it though.

My Rating:

9. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy
Al becomes obsessed with his appearance after the neighborhood women begin admiring his handyman skills.

My Thoughts:
Another episode that I found entertaining... but not as good as most has been lately. More of a basic filler episode then anything else.

My Rating:

Season 5 Disc 1 Thoughts:
This has been a very strong start to the season. I found I really enjoyed most the episodes. And it seems we are starting to see more and more notable guests come onto the show. Many recognizable faces.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »
Married with Children: Season 5 Disc 2:

10. One Down, Two to Go
Kelly moves out after Al kicks out one of her boyfriends.

My Thoughts:
A really big Kelly storyline in this one... I enjoyed it quite a bit. I especially liked the altercations between Al and Kelly's boyfriend.

My Rating:

11. And Baby Makes Money
Following the death of Stymie Bundy, Al and Peg begin having sex so they can be the first to inherit Stymie's money by bearing a Bundy child born in wedlock. But Peg has other plans.

My Thoughts:
Beth Broderick (Sabrina: The Teenage Witch) appears in this episode. She plays the lawyer reading the will. It is a pretty good episode... I enjoyed it quite a bit. Got a laugh out of the effect so much sex had on Al.

My Rating:

12. Married ... with Who
After a wild night at a banker convention, Marcy wakes up and discovers that she's married to a strange man named Jefferson D'Arcy with a dark past.

My Thoughts:
This is the episode that Ted McGinley joins the cast as Marcy's new husband. I thought it was a great introduction to the character. Lots of fun... and I loved the little spoof to The Andy Griffith Show intro at the end of the episode.Very good episode!

My Rating:

13. The Godfather
Al discovers that Kelly is dating an older man, but when the older man turns out to be connected to the local government, Al takes advantage of the situation by being the neighborhood Godfather.

My Thoughts:
Lane Davies, who played Tempus in several episodes of Lois & Clark appears in this episode. It isn't a bad episode... but not as good as the previous few I watched. It has a few chuckles in it... and I seen the ending coming.

My Rating:

14. Look Who's Barking
Buck the dog runs away and takes home a white female dog who plots to replace him as the family pet. Meanwhile, Al searches for his favorite cheesecake chef.

My Thoughts:
In this episode Cheech Marin loans his voice as the inner thinkings of Buck the Dog. B. B. King also appears as a street singer. And it turned out to be an excellent episode. I loved every minute of it. Several good laughs in this one!

My Rating:

15. A Man's Castle
Peg spends the food money on tuition to an interior decorating class, where one of her projects is to beautify Al's bathroom.

My Thoughts:
This one is a bit of a let down after such a good episode as the last one. It still has it's moments... and I still enjoyed it. It just don't compare to the last one. Not really even that close.

My Rating:

16. All Night Security Dude
Al gets a job as a school security guard, but gets fired when the beloved football trophy gets stolen while Al was in the bathroom. Then its up to Al to get the trophy back.

My Thoughts:
Buba Smith shows up in this episode. I enjoyed the eopisode quite a bit... especially the ending with the altercation between Al and Buba Smith's character.

My Rating:

17. Oldies but Young 'Uns
Al becomes obsessed with trying to remember a song. Meanwhile, Kelly dates Vinnie, who turns out to be the son of Al's old high school friend, Charlie.

My Thoughts:
Matt LeBlanc of Friends fame appears in this episode as Kelly's date Vinnie. And watching him on here.... I think he is playing a young Joey Tribbiani. This character is so dumb he makes Kelly look smart! It is a fun episode... I enjoyed it.

My Rating:

18. Weenie Tot Lovers & Other Strangers
Kelly competes for the chance to be a spokesmodel for Al's favorite food company, Weenie Tots. Bud is depressed that he could not go to meet the president because Al gives his last $100 dollars to Kelly for her new dress.

My Thoughts:
While not quite as good as the last couple... this is an entertaining episode. Favorite part of the episode? If you ever seen this one you know. Kelly and the other girls trying out to become Miss Weenie Tot.

My Rating:

Season 5 Disc 2 Thoughts:
Over-all a right good disc full of episodes. At this point I am getting pretty close to where I stopped watching the series as it aired. So I am looking forward to getting to the episodes I never seen before.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »
Married with Children: Season 5 Disc 3:

19. Kids! Wadaya Gonna Do?
While Marcy, Jefferson, Al, and Peg have a movie night at the D'Arcy house, Kelly is tricked by Bud to babysit a group of rowdy kids while Bud goes to a concert.

My Thoughts:
A fun episode here. I really got a kick out of Kelly trying to handle the group of kids.

My Rating:

20. Top of the Heap
In the 100th episode, Al's friend Charlie and his dimwitted son Vinnie, try to fit in with snobs at a high-class party.

My Thoughts:
This is pretty surprising. Usually series makes a big deal out of the 100th episode. But they don't do that here. No.... it isn't even a normal episode. They decide to use this opportunity to try to make a pilot of a spin-off series. So the Married with Children gang... actually only Al is really barely even in this episode. This one had Matt LaBlanc of Friends fame. He plays the dimwitted son, Vinnie.

My Rating:

21. You Better Shop Around (1)
During a heatwave, Al buys an air conditioner that saps the town's power. With the neighbors angry, the Bundys move to the local grocery store, where they become winners of a shopping spree.

My Thoughts:
This one is no more then an average episode. Not much here for laughs.

My Rating:

22. You Better Shop Around (2)
Al and Peg compete against Marcy and Jefferson in a supermarket shopping spree, while Bud and Kelly harass Jerry Mathers of Leave It to Beaver fame.

My Thoughts:
As you can see by the plot... Jerry Mathers appears in this episode as himself. I enjoyed this one more then I did the first part. The contest between the Bundys and the D'Arcy's was fun to watch.... as was seeing the kids giving Jerry Matheres a hard time.

My Rating:

23. Route 666 (1)
While on a road trip to Los Angeles, the Bundys' car breaks down in a backwards, New Mexico town, where an old prospector gives Al a map to a gold mine.

My Thoughts:
While it had it's moments.. this one really isn't any more then an average episode. I did get a bit of a kick out of the over the top hillbillies.

My Rating:

24. Route 666 (2)
After roping in Marcy and Jefferson, the Bundys go on an expedition to dig for gold, but their greed and insanity slowly begin to tear them apart... and then they find out that the gold mine is actually a local tourist attraction loaded with fool's gold.

My Thoughts:
Pamela Anderson has a bit part in this episode. This episode wasn't any better then the first part. It has it's moments but no more then an average episode.

My Rating:

25. Buck the Stud
Al trains Buck the dog to mate with female dogs for money. Meanwhile, Bud begins to dress up in foppish clothes to attract women.

My Thoughts:
Debbe Dunning (Heidi on Home Improvement) appears on in this episode. This one I enjoyed a little more then the previous couple. I have seen better... but there is a few laughs here. Especially when considering the clothes Bud was wearing.

My Rating:

Season 5 Disc 3 Thoughts:
This finishes off the fifth season. While I enjoyed the season as a whole... the episodes on this disc wasn't as strong as most.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 08:10:39 PM »
Married with Children: Season 6 Disc 1:

1. She's Having My Baby (Part 1)
Marcy & Peg announce that they are pregnant. Jefferson is happy and is willing to run chores for Marcy. Meanwhile, Al is devastated and so are Bud & Kelly.

My Thoughts:
An excellent start to the new season! I found myself laughing through-out most the episode.

My Rating:

2. She's Having My Baby (Part 2)
Al and Jefferson run away from their wives when they can't take the pregnancy anymore.

My Thoughts:
While still very funny... it isn't quite as good as the first part.

My Rating:

3. If Al Had a Hammer
Al builds a private room for himself, using the Bundy hammer. Meanwhile, Bud comes up with a street-wise, hip-hop alter-ego named "Grandmaster B" when he joins a junior college.

My Thoughts:
A fun episode. It had a few laughs in it. I don't care much for Bud's whole "Grandmaster B" thing. I mean sure it was fun at first where everyone was getting his name wrong... but it is something that will easily get tiresome.

My Rating:

4. Cheese, Cues and Blood
Al begins to suspect that Kelly is selling her body (with Jefferson as her pimp) when she begins earning a lot of money.

My Thoughts:
A fun episode... but really on the average side. It don't have as many laughs in it.

My Rating:

5. Looking for a Desk in All the Wrong Places
An insane Marcy tags Peg along to find her childhood toys — including a pink desk — that were auctioned off because Jefferson did not pay for the storage unit. Meanwhile, Al, Kelly & bud have a "We hate the baby" meeting.

My Thoughts:
This is an average episode. Not too much here for laughs. Feels to be no more then a filler episode.

My Rating:

6. Buck Has a Belly Ache
Peg moves back in with her family after Al, Kelly, and Bud ignore her because they are looking after Buck, who has lost its appetite. Jefferson has sympathy pregnancy and Marcy enjoys it.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. I got a kick out of seeing Peg going back to her hillbilly family. And the ending... while I expected it... found it to be right funny anyway.

My Rating:

7. If I Could See Me Now
After causing one too many car crashes, Al gives in and buys glasses. But his newfound vision makes him see just how pathetic his life is.

My Thoughts:
Not quite as good as the previous episode... but very close. I liked the montage of Al and the kids at the eye doctor's... but think it went on for a tad too long.It is an obvious storyline... with an obvious ending... but it was still fun to watch.

My Rating:

8. God's Shoes
Al falls out of his bedroom window after seeing a $2500 painting of Peg. When he returns to consciousness, Al tells his kids that he saw God's shoes and, with Jefferson's help and Marcy's money, decides to sell God's shoes to the masses.

My Thoughts:
This one wasn't as good as the previous copy. Pretty much no more then an average filler episode here.

My Rating:

9. Kelly Does Hollywood (Part 1)
Al finally gets cable at home and watch Marcy in Public-access television cable TV channel. Kelly then starts her own talk show on the public-access channel, that gets picked up by a major Hollywood network.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this one... probably more then I should have.Nothing really was all that funny about the episode... but it kept me entertained all the same.

My Rating:

Season 6 Disc 1 Thoughts:
At this point I am seeing all episodes I never seen before. I think for one reason or another I never went back to watch the show when season 6 originally aired. Finishing this disc also puts me at about the half way point of finishing the entire series. Katey Sagal (Peg) has been missing from the last few episodes. I read somewhere that at this time Katey Sagal was pregnant in real life (reason for the storyline I would guess).... but unfortunately had a miscarriage. I am sure she will be back in the episodes soon though.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 02:01:26 AM »
Married with Children: Season 6 Disc 2:

10. Kelly Does Hollywood (Part 2)
Al, Kelly, and Bud travel to Hollywood, where Kelly meets the executive producer who's interested in her show.

My Thoughts:
Jon Lovitz and Kari Wuhrer appears in this episode. The episode is entertaining... but nothing special.

My Rating:

11. Al Bundy, Shoe Dick
Al leads a double life as a detective who's being framed for the murder of a rich woman's father. By solving the case, he wins $50,000.

My Thoughts:
Traci Lords makes her second appearance in Married with Children in this episode.This turned out to be a very silly episode. But at the same time it was entertaining. No real laughs in it... but a decent fun watch.

My Rating:

12. So This is How Sinatra Felt
Peg is worried that a "shoe groupie" may be seducing Al. She sends Kelly & Bud to spy on him.

My Thoughts:
Playboy Playmate Jessica Hahn appears in this episode. Once again an episode that was no more then average. It had maybe a couple chuckles at the most.

My Rating:

13. I Who Have Nothing
Al discovers that he truly has no possessions of his own, and decides to get back one of the things that truly meant a lot to him — his championship game ball that he gave to a once-skinny cheerleader who wants Al for sex.

My Thoughts:
Wendie Jo Sperber is in tis episode as the once-skinny cheerleader. Yet another average episode. Nothing more then a filler episode.

My Rating:

14. The Mystery of Skull Island
Bud dates a hot girl who is only interested in daredevils. Meanwhile, Al, Peg, Marcy, and Jefferson play a relationship board game.

My Thoughts:
This is the best episode on this disc so far. There were a few decent laughs in this one. I especially enjoyed all the daredevil stuff Bud wqas going through because of the girl he liked.

My Rating:

15. Just Shoe It
Al wins the chance to appear in a sneaker commercial featuring famous sports stars, such as baseball player Steve Carlton, football player Ed "Too Tall" Jones, and boxer Sugar Ray Leonard.

My Thoughts:
All three of the above mentioned sports stars appears in this episode. This is a fun one... I enjoyed watchingAl go up against all those sports stars.

My Rating:

16. Rites of Passage
While Peggy, Marcy, and Jefferson plan a child's birthday party for Bud's 18th birthday, Al takes Bud to his favorite strip club: The Nudie Bar.

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed every second of. Though I have to admit the scenes at "The Nudie Bar" made this episode.

My Rating:

17. The Egg and I
Steve Rhoades returns to reclaim his wife, but is shocked to find out that Marcy has remarried. The Bundys argue whether friendship is more important than money when they find out that Steve is on the run from the police for stealing a rare egg from a national park.

My Thoughts:
I had a feeling we would see Steve Rhoades again before the series was over. This is one I enjoyed quite a bit. Has a few good laughs in it.

My Rating:

18. My Dinner with Anthrax
Bud and Kelly trick Al and Peg into going on vacation in Florida for their 20th anniversary when Bud and Kelly win the chance to have thrash metal band Anthrax over at their house. The vacation turns out to be a timeshare scam with Edd Byrnes as one of the tenants (who lives there only because it was offered to him for free). Things get interesting back home when the band members scrounge in the refrigerator and sample Peg's "mystery package" (that no one ever wants to try) and begin to hallucinate.

My Thoughts:
The members of Anthrax appear in this episode. Which means very little to me of course... but figure they must be famous to be on the show. This one didn't impress me much at all. I didn't laugh a single time within the entire episode.

My Rating:

Season 6 Disc 2 Thoughts:
The episodes on this disc was pretty much all over the place.... but there is a few here that I enjoyed.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
Married with Children: Season 6 Disc 3:

19. Psychic Avengers
The Bundys and Jefferson get involved in a psychic hotline scam.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I got several laughs out of it. Though I must say... the ending is a bit over-the-top.

My Rating:

20. High I.Q.
Kelly gets invited to a party for intellectuals, which turns out to be a party where intellectuals bring along idiots as dates to win a contest. Meanwhile, Al and Jefferson attempt to build a tool bench — with disastrous results.

My Thoughts:
Another episode that was a lot of fun. I especially liked Bud and Kelly at the indiots party. Of course Al and Jefferson putting the tool bench together was pretty hilarious as well.

My Rating:

21. Teacher Pets
Bud tries to prove to others that his substitute teacher has a crush on him. Meanwhile, Peg is sick with the flu and Al crashes children's parties at Chuck E. Cheese's to get free food.

My Thoughts:
This episode is pretty good. Though it isn't nearly as funny as the last couple.

My Rating:

22. The Goodbye Girl
While Al is on an imagined trip around the world, Kelly gets a job at a TV history museum — and becomes a bug-killing TV personality known as The Verminator. The children ask Jefferson how it was on the show Happy Days.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. I got a kick out of seeing Kelly at her job.

My Rating:

23. The Gas Station Show
While out on a drive on "Bundy Sunday Funday", Al ends up working at a gas station to pay for the snacks Peg and the kids bought.

My Thoughts:
No more then an average episode here. Entertaining... but nothing special about it.

My Rating:

24. England Show (Part 1)
In the 17th century, a witch curses a British town called Lower Uncton to be forever shrouded in darkness after a Bundy ancestor insults her, and the only way for the curse to be lifted is to kill any living Bundy relatives by luring them into England. In the present day, the Bundys win a trip to England.

My Thoughts:
A decent start to this multiple episode season finale.Though the main storyline for this one is a bit out there.

My Rating:

25. England Show (Part 2)
While the Bundys enjoy their English vacation (and take advantage of their tour guide's money), the people of Lower and Upper Uncton (the latter of whom use Lower Uncton as a tourist attraction and want to make the curse permanent) plot to murder Al and Bud. Meanwhile, a broke and lost Marcy and Jefferson end up in a London S&M club, which they mistake for a theater.

My Thoughts:
This second part isn't much better then the first. Just not much funny here.

My Rating:

26. England Show (Part 3)
Al challenges the head of Upper Uncton in a jousting match to spare the lives of the Bundy men.

My Thoughts:
Just more of the same with the final part of the season finale. Not a very strong ending to the season at all. I haven;t even had a single chuckle through-out the last few episodes.

My Rating:

Season 6 Disc 3 Thoughts:
This finishes off Season 6! Unfortunately this season didn't rank very high for me. There was some good... to even great episodes but for the most part not all that funny of a season. Over-all left much to be desired.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 12:10:54 AM »
Married with Children: Season 7 Disc 1:

1. Magnificent Seven
The Bundys have another mouth to feed as Married With Children starts a new year. In the seventh-season opener, Peggy's cousin Zemus and wife Ida Mae Wanker make a quick visit and leave behind their five-year old son Seven, who is captivating to Peggy—and only Peggy. She sees this as her chance to finally be a great mother... or at least try.

My Thoughts:
In this episode there is two very familiar faces... Bobcat Goldthwaite of the Police Academy movies and Linda Blair of The Exorcist fame as Peg's cousins that leaves Seven with the Bundys. This is a good start to the new season. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though I must say... I am not sure what I think of the whole new kid thing.

My Rating:

2. T-r-a... Something, Something Spells Tramp
While Peggy seeks Saturday-night conversation, Kelly discusses men with three kindred sirens after being stranded by her date.

My Thoughts:
Corey Feldman (The Lost Boys) appears in this episode as Kelly's date. This is another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. Loved how Kelly got back at her date. Seven (the new kid added to the show) only had one brief part in this episode.

My Rating:

3. Every Bundy Has a Birthday
When Peggy discovers that nobody knows Seven's birthday, she chooses a date for him at random. Al is not pleased when it turns out he has lost his birthday to the new kid. Peggy decides to have a party for Seven at a local park, but the party poops when another parent proclaims the public park private for his own son's party.

My Thoughts:
This is a good episode... but not quite as good as the previous couple. The new kid is growing on me a little. But still not all that impressed with him.

My Rating:

4. Al On the Rocks
When Peggy uses up the monthly mortgage money to pay Seven's doctor bill, Al is forced to take a second job: bartending at a topless bar—where it's the bartender who's topless. Meanwhile, Peg starts banning the other Bundys from the house to protect Seven from their germs.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episodes. Has a few good laughs in it. Though I did see the ending come a mile away.

My Rating:

5. What I Did For Love
The way to a man's heart may be through his stomach, but it's not the heart that's sought by Peggy -- who is tired of being ignored by Al in the bedroom so she tries a variety of enticing new outfits in an attempt to whet the appetite of an otherwise starving Al. Unfortunately, the only thing Al wants is a steak dinner.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this one... but not as much as usual. Pretty much no more then an average filler episode.

My Rating:

6. Frat Chance
To meet girls, Bud starts his own "cool" community college fraternity "Alpha Gonna Get'em", but the premiere toga party (in the Bundy garage) lacks fun... and women. A.G.G.'s motto is: "Lookie, lookie, we're gonna get some nookie", and also: "We'll do good on our tests, so we'll feel some breasts".

My Thoughts:
Jamie Luner... who I know from the sitcom Just the Ten of Us appears in this episode. This is another one that is pretty much just an average filler episode.

My Rating:

7. The Chicago Wine Party
The Bundys hit the voting booths, united to defeat political correctness- and a new 2 cent beer tax. When their causes lose at the polls, the Bundys hit the streets for some good old fashioned pillaging.

My Thoughts:
Another average episode here. Not much for laughs.

My Rating:

8. Kelly Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Al decides another Bundy must find a job, and the axe falls on Kelly. This breaks Peggy's heart since no Wanker woman has ever worked before. Kelly must first experience the wonderful world of waitressing, prior to finding her true calling as Kelly Bundy: Philosopher/Waitress.

My Thoughts:
Lisa Robin Kelly (Laurie Forman on That '70s Show) appears in this episode. This one I enjoyed quite a bit. It has a few good laughs in it.

My Rating:

9. Rock of Ages
When his paycheck is abducted by bill collectors, Al decides to enter a shoe-selling contest. The prize: a first-class ticket to Hawaii, which the family turns into four standbys. But that doesn't keep them from hobnobbing in the first-class lounge with six musicians. Al masquerades as rock star Axel Bundy from "Shoes and Socks". The Bundys later join in to sing for "Old Aid".

My Thoughts:
And once again... no more then an average fillere episode here. Nothing special... not much for laughs.

My Rating:

Season 7 Disc 1 Thoughts:
This is a very uneven start to a new season. So far while enjoyable there is nothing really special here. After nine episodes... I still don't know what I think about the added kid to the series. But then again (other then a couple of episodes) his part has been so small you would miss him if you blinked... so it is a little hard to get used to him.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 06:23:55 AM »
I caught up :o I just watched this disc as well.

While Seven may be seen as a lame attempt to inject fresh blood to the series and especially ass a cute-factor, I was suprised how well things worked. Also, Seven is not over-used!