Author Topic: DSigs What I'm Watching  (Read 40110 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: DSigs What I'm Watching
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 01:33:29 AM »
The Cell is another one I haven't watched in years! Another one I really don't even remember what it is about. I should pull out my copy again soon too.
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 04:23:25 AM »
I would be interested in what you think of it.

Dsig
Thank you
David

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 06:26:25 AM »
I have seen The Cell years ago as well and would really be interested in getting it on Blu-ray. If you like the visual style I would recommend getting The Fall from the same director (also reviewed by Michael).

Marie also enjoyed his latest film Mirror, Mirror. I have not heard anything good about Immortals.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 07:17:59 AM »
    Stir of Echoes (1999/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United Kingdom)
Director:David Koepp
Writing:Richard Matheson (Original Material By), David Koepp (Screenwriter)
Length:95 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Italian

Stars:
Zachary David Cope as Jake
Kevin Bacon as Tom
Kathryn Erbe as Maggie
Illeana Douglas as Lisa
Kevin Dunn as Frank

Plot:
Tom Witzky (Kevin Bacon) is a blue-collar worker, a family man, the most ordinary guy you could meet... who is about to be plunged into a shattering encounter with another world.
After he is hypnotized at a neighbourhood party, Tom changes. He sees things he can't explain. As the horrific visions intensify, Tom realises they are echoes of a crime calling to be solved. But when his nightmares begin coming true, Tom wants out.
He desperately tries to rid himself of his eerie, unwanted powers - only to be seized by an irresistible compulsion to dig deeper and deeper into the mystery that is consuming his life. When at last he unearths the truth, it will draw him into the long-buried secret of a ghastly crime, a vengeful spirit... and the lethal price of laying the spirit to rest.

** Complete Plot (with spoilers) **
(click to show/hide)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos

My Thoughts:
It has been a while since I saw this movie .. and I still love it.  It is engrosing from the start and Kevin Bacon and  and Kathryn Erbe are great as parents of young Jake (Zachary David Cope) a child with 'the eye'.
The writing is sharp with little being left without connection.  Direction and filming is also very sharp.  I love the scenes and coloring.

I think this is one of Kevin Bacons better performances.  And Kathryn Erbe shows she can really act .. coming out from working behind Vincent D'Onofrio in 'Law and Order: Criminal Intent'.

This is overall a great suspense and supernatural movie.  I stongly recommend this movie to anyone who like the genre.

Rating: 4of5 stars
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:01:00 AM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 07:21:25 AM »
I have seen The Cell years ago as well and would really be interested in getting it on Blu-ray. If you like the visual style I would recommend getting The Fall from the same director (also reviewed by Michael).

Marie also enjoyed his latest film Mirror, Mirror. I have not heard anything good about Immortals.

After I went and looked at the review, I remember being interested in The Fall..I'll have to try to remember to look for it.  I better add it to one of my lists.  lol

I thought the director's name was familiar, but I couldn't place it.  Completely forgot that he directed Mirror Mirror.  Very different sort of movie, though it also has some cool visuals.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 05:17:58 PM »

Achim .. thanks for that.

I have not seen 'The Fall' but it is now on my list to find <G>

I really have no desire to see 'Mirror, Mirror' as I am not a Julia Roberts fan (with 'Pretty Woman' or 'Pelican Brief' being the only movies i enjoyed her in).  An I too have heard nothing good about 'Immortals'.

But thanks for the lead on 'The Fall'.

DSig
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
    The Lion in Winter: Vintage Classics (1968/United Kingdom)

MGM Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Anthony Harvey
Writing:James Goldman (Screenwriter), James Goldman (Original Material By)
Length:134 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:French, Spanish

Stars:
Peter O'Toole as Henry II
Katharine Hepburn as Eleanor of Aquitaine
Anthony Hopkins as Richard
John Castle as Geoffrey
Nigel Terry as John

Plot:
Katharine Hepburn delivers an "amazing" (Variety), Oscar®-winning* performance "that must be seen to be believed" (BoxOffice) in this "dazzling" (Los Angeles Times) all-star film that is not to be missed.

Behind the great stone walls of an English castle, the world's most powerful empire is in crisis. Three sons struggle to win their father's favor – as well as his crown. King Henry II (Peter O'Toole) and his Queen, Eleanor (Hepburn), engage in a battle of royal wits that pits elder son Richard (Anthony Hopkins) against his brothers, while the cunning King Phillip of France (Timothy Dalton) takes advantage of the internal fracturing in his bid to destroy their kingdom.

*1968: Actress

(click to show/hide)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
If you are a high energy action fanatic with a need for adreneline then this might not be the movie for you. .. but ..

Starring ...
Peter O'Toole as King Henry II
Katharine Hepburn as Queen Eleanor
Anthony Hopkins (in his motion picture debut) as Richard
John Castle as Geoffrey
Nigel Terry as John
Timothy Dalton (In his motion picture debut) as King Philip II

This is a 'classic' movie in all the traditional meaning of the word.  What is isn't is historically accurate.  

With this being said .. this move is excellent.  I can not find a thing wrong with it.  The acting is brilliant with specal nod to Timothy Dalton and Anthony Hopkins who both had their debut in this movie.  The filming/photography and direction are great.

It can take a bit to get into the film, especially depending on what you have recently been watching .. but if you can take the time and shift the gears this movie is great entertainment by some of the halmark stars and performances of the last 50 years.

I highly recommend this film to anyone who loves the classics, period pieces or great actors/performances.

I give this a 4.5of5.  The only thing this is missing to make my unacheivable 5 is that it didn't break new ground.

Rating: 4.5of5
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:01:39 AM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 02:27:55 AM »
    Blade: Trinity (2004/United States)

(Canada (Quebec))
Director:David S. Goyer
Writing:David S. Goyer (Original Material By), Marv Wolfman (Original Material By), Gene Colan (Original Material By)
Length:113 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: DTS ES: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Wesley Snipes as Blade
Kris Kristofferson as Whistler
Dominic Purcell as Drake
Jessica Biel as Abigail Whistler
Ryan Reynolds as Hannibal King

Plot:
The final battle begins and the trinity comes to an end! Blade is back and his enemies have grown in number since they resurrected their king, Dracula. Together with a new group of vampire hunters, called the Nightstalkers, led by Whistler's strong but beautiful daughter Abigail and the wise-cracking Hannibal, they must finally defeat the vampires or face inevitable extinction.

(click to show/hide)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
While watching this, I have been trying to think what to say about this movie.
If you are familiar with the Blade series the all I can really say is that this is just more of the same.  They say that Practice Makes Perfect but from watching Wesley Snipes (Blade) performance I can only say that too much practice makes it look very phony.
This is the least favorite of the 3 Blade movies for me.  I like the acting of Jessica Biel (Abigail Whistler) .. it is fun and playful, and Ryan Reynolds (Hannibal King) .. wise cracking at his best.  But other than that this movie really doesn't hold anything for me.  Dominic Purcell (Drake) as the 'original' vampire is okay I guess.  I just couldn't get any feeling for the part.
Lots of action, there is a great bit where Abigail (Jessica Biel) is pretending to be a mother with a baby at a railroad station .. baiting the vampires .. and this is fun.  But other than that and a few other scenes it is the same cars, bikes and vampires turning to ash.
All in all, if this was the only Blade movie it would be a big SUCK.  But as the final installment ... well it doesn't suck quite so bad.

I would recommend that only Blade lovers watch this.

Rating: 2.5of5 stars
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:02:15 AM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 02:33:42 AM »
     Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 (2005/United States)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:10. Pegasus: Extended EpisodeMichael Rymer, 11. Resurrection Ship: Part 1Michael Rymer, 12. Resurrection Ship: Part 2Michael Rymer, 13. EpiphaniesRod Hardy, 14. Black MarketJames Head, 15. ScarMichael Nankin, 16. SacrificeReynaldo Villalobos, 17. The Captain's HandSergio Mimica-Gezzan, 18. DownloadedJeff Woolnough, 19. Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1Michael Rymer, 20. Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2Michael Rymer
Writing:10. Pegasus: Extended EpisodeAnne Cofell Saunders (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 11. Resurrection Ship: Part 1Anne Cofell Saunders (Story By), Michael Rymer (Screenwriter), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 12. Resurrection Ship: Part 2Michael Rymer (Writer), Ronald D. Moore (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 13. EpiphaniesJoel Anderson Thompson (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 14. Black MarketMark Verheiden (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 15. ScarDavid Weddle (Writer), Bradley Thompson (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 16. SacrificeAnne Cofell Saunders (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 17. The Captain's HandJeff Vlaming (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 18. DownloadedBradley Thompson (Writer), David Weddle (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 19. Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1Ronald D. Moore (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By), 20. Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2Anne Cofell Saunders (Writer), Mark Verheiden (Writer), Glen A. Larson (Original Material By)
Length:521 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
10. Pegasus: Extended EpisodeEdward James Olmos as William Adama
Mary McDonnell as Laura Roslin
Katee Sackhoff as Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
Jamie Bamber as Lee "Apollo" Adama

Plot:
Rejoin Sci-Fi's most action-packed TV series as Battlestar Galactica 2.5 flies on to DVD in Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. Featuring an extended version of the cliffhanger episode "Pegasus," this continuation of the epic second season follows the ongoing battle of President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) and Commander William Adama (Edward James Olmos) in their heart-pounding crusade to save humanity from the deadly robot Cylons. Packed with special features, including deleted scenes, podcasts and Producer David Eick's video blog, Battlestar Galactica 2.5 is an explosive thrill-ride that's not to be missed!

Episode List
0. Pegasus: Extended Episode
PEGASUS: EXTENDED EPISODE
The Galactica crew is stunned to find the missing Pegasus unscathed after a vicious Cylon assault. Commander Adama cedes control to Pegasus's superior officer, but a disagreement over a murder verdict will have the ships turning their Viper weapons upon one another in a ruthless war of wills.

1. Resurrection Ship, Part 1
RESURRECTION SHIP: PART 1
When Lt. Starbuck uncovers recon on a deadly Cylon "Resurrection" ship, Galactica's Commander Adama and the Pegasus' Admiral Helena Cain form an uneasy and risky alliance in order to destroy this vital target.

2. Resurrection Ship, Part 2
RESURRECTION SHIP: PART 2
While the Battlestars engage in full-on battle with the Cylon "Resurrection" ship, orders are challenged within the Galactica brig and the Pegasus crew members ruthlessly attack their 'Galactica' prisoners.

3. Epiphanies
EPIPHANIES
Loyalties are tested when President Roslin issues controversial orders from her deathbed and a group of violent Cylon sympathizers find an unlikely ally among the Galactica crew.

4. Black Market
BLACK MARKET
A thriving black market economy threatens the personal safety of the fleet, but President Roslin's controversial quest to stop it leads to murder, kidnapping and a gripping standoff between a renegade freighter and chief investigator Lee Adama.

5. Scar
SCAR
When a devious Cylon Raider named Scar hinders the operations of a colonial mining ship by reportedly killing the war-weary Viper squadrons, Apollo and Starbuck must put aside their personal struggles to take on the warrior in a dangerous aerial dogfight.

6. Sacrifice
SACRIFICE
The Galactica's dependence on Sharon's enemy intelligence is put to the test when an embittered civilian takes some of the crew hostage in exchange for the Cylon she believes is duping them all.

7. The Captain's Hand
THE CAPTAIN'S HAND
Election tensions run high as the candidates debate fiercely over abortion issues, while the new crew of the Pegasus battles over the best way to handle a distress signal from two missing Vipers.

8. Downloaded
DOWNLOADED
Birth and rebirth affect the balance of power within the fleet as a human-Cylon hybrid is born on Galactica and reincarnated Number Six and Sharon are hailed as Heroes of the Cylon on Caprica.

9. Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1
LAY DOWN YOUR BURDENS, PART 1
A daring discovery of a potentially habitable planet threatens President Roslin's winning edge in the election, while Starbuck's rescue mission to Caprica runs into unexpected dangers.

10. Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2
LAY DOWN YOUR BURDENS, PART 2
The presidential election race intensifies as President Roslin must decide between fixing the vote or letting a suspected Cylon collaborator lead Galactica in an uncharted, and potentially deadly, new direction.

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
Once again this series shines.  From the writing to the new characters the depth of the stories work well on an episode by episode level (well except for the 2 partners) and well in the over all ARC of the story line.
For the first several episodes there is no real movement toward trying to find Earth.  This also means that the 'religiosity' is cut back to a degree.
But the complications of Adama and others starting to think more about and try to understand the Cylons brings in new issues.  What is humanity?  How can a flesh and blood Cylon be?

This is another must have.  I don't think there is one episode here that wasn't at least good .. with most being great.

Rating: 4of5
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 05:33:58 AM »
    Major League: Back to the Minors (1998/)

(United States)
Director:John Warren
Writing:John Warren (Writer), David S. Ward (Original Characters By)
Length:100 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Scott Bakula as Gus Cantrell
Corbin Bernsen as Roger Dorn
Dennis Haysbert as Pedro Cerrano
Takaaki Ishibashi as Taka Tanaka
Jensen Daggett as Maggie Reynolds

Plot:
What do you do if you're the new manager of the minor-league team called the Buzz? Pray for rain!

Instead, Gus Cantrell (Scott Bakula) turns his team from a laughingstock to the equivalent of blue-chip stocks in this third 'Major League' comedy reuniting five series stalwarts, including wisecracking play-by-play man Bob Uecker. Cantrell has his work cut out. The catcher is living proof why the chest protector and other protective gear are called "the tools of ignorance." The ace pitcher should earn frequent-flyer miles for the fastballs opposing batters sock into orbit. The double-play combo's motto should be "to error is human." The star slugger is a legend in his own mind. They play on diamonds. They work for peanuts. Batter up!

(click to show/hide)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is the third (and i hope final) installment of the 'Major League' franchise.  Corbin Bernsen (Roger Dorn) reprises his roll for the third time (though now win the Twins) and Dennis Haysbert (Pedro Cerrano)  reprises his roll for the third time.  Eric Bruskotter (Rube Baker) and Takaaki Ishibashi (Taka Tanaka) reprise their roles from 'Major League II'.

Walton Goggins (Downtown Anderson) currently of the AMC TV series 'Justified' and formerly from the TNT TV series 'The Shield' is good in his role as a rookie with a great hit on fastballs and not so good on the old outside pitch.

This is just a fun movie.  The comedy is middle of the road with nothing in the writing to really make it stand out.  The actors probably have done as well as they can with the material they had.

Although i only give it 2.5of5 i do recommend it to people who like baseball movies and comedies.

Just watch and enjoy.

Rating: 2.5of5

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:02:51 AM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 07:01:45 AM »
    Major League II (1994/)

(United States)
Director:David S. Ward
Writing:R. J. Stewart (Screenwriter), R. J. Stewart (Story By), Tom S. Parker (Story By), Jim Jennewein (Story By), David S. Ward (Original Characters By)
Length:105 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Charlie Sheen as Rick Vaughn
Tom Berenger as Jake Taylor
Corbin Bernsen as Roger Dorn
Dennis Haysbert as Pedro Cerrano
James Gammon as Lou Brown

Plot:
They're back -- and better than ever! The diehard Cleveland Indians who went from worst to first now cope with fame and its perks as the team tries to hit, hustle and joke its way back to the top.

Reckless thrower Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn (Charlie Sheen), catcher Jake Taylor (Tom Berenger), self-absorbing infielder Roger Dorn (Corbin Bernsen), slugger Pedro Cerrano (Dennis Haysbert) and more are in for a whole new ballgame in this hilarious sequel. Harry Doyle (Bob Uecker) is back in the booth with colorful play-by-ply, team owner Rachel Phelps (Margaret Whitton) schemes to the hilt and Randy Quaid joins the lineup as a marvelously motor-mouthed bleacher bum. 'Major League II' is major fun!

(click to show/hide)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Production Notes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is the second installment of the 'Major League' franchise.  Charlie Sheen (Rick 'Wild Thing' Vaughn), Tom Berenger (Jake Taylor), Corbin Bernsen (Roger Dorn), James Gammon (Lou Brown)  and Dennis Haysbert (Pedro Cerrano)  reprise their rolls for the second time.  Wesley Snipes, now being a mega star, wouldn't reprise his roll as Willie Mays Hayes so that part was played by Omar Epps.

Eric Bruskotter (Rube Baker) and Takaaki Ishibashi (Taka Tanaka) start new rolls which will carry them to 'Major League III Back to the Minors'.

This installment is inline with the first movie 'Major League'.  The humor is simple and fund.  Acting is generally good.

Although i only give it 2.5of5 i do recommend it to people who like baseball movies and comedies.

Just watch and enjoy.

Rating: 2.5of5
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:03:35 AM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 05:24:15 PM »
    Bad Boys: Special Edition (1995/United States)

Columbia TriStar Home Video (United States)
Director:Michael Bay
Writing:George Gallo (Story By), Michael Barrie (Screenwriter), Jim Mulholland (Screenwriter), Doug Richardson (Screenwriter)
Length:119 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Music Only: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Martin Lawrence as Det. Marcus Burnett
Will Smith as Det. Mike Lowrey
Téa Leoni as Julie Mott
Tchéky Karyo as Fouchet
Joe Pantoliano as Captain Conrad Howard
Emmanuel Xuereb as Eddie Dominguez
Nestor Serrano as Detective Sanchez
Julio Oscar Mechoso as Detective Ruiz

Plot:
From director Michael Bay (THE ROCK, ARMAGEDDON) and the production team of Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer (BEVERLY HILLS COP, TOP GUN) comes a thrill ride of explosive action from beginning to end.

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence team up as partners in crime, crime-fighting that is, in this action-packed flick about a couple of good guys who are real BAD BOYS!

One hundred million dollars worth of confiscated heroin has just been jacked from police custody. Once the career bust of Detectives Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence), the missing drugs now threaten to shut down the narcotics division of the Miami Police Department.

When the drug investigation turns deadly, the murderers kidnap the only witness – a beautiful police informant (Téa Leoni) and close friend of The Boys – and things get personal! Fast cars, a gorgeous woman and non-stop action make BAD BOYS a guaranteed good time!

(click to show/hide)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Multi-angle
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This movie, 'Bad Boys' (1995) staring Will Smith (Mike Lowrey), Martin Lawrence (Marcus Burnett) and Tea Leoni (Julie Mott), is a fast pace action-comedy following in the footsteps of great buddy-cop movies like the 'Lethal Weapon' franchise and would find Smith and Lawrence in a follow up film 'Bad Boys II' in 2003.  This was the directorial debut for director Michael Bay.

The chemistry between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence seemed to be very good.  It is reported by Michael Bay, in the comentary for the movie, that alot of the 'back and forth' between Smith and Lawrence was actually adlibed as Bay was very unhappy with the script.

This is a good cop-buddy movie.  The action is good (lots of stuff blowing up and lots of car chases) though predictable.  Although there is nothing new in this movie, if you like Smith and/or Lawrence it is a fun watch.  There are worst ways to waste two hours.

If you like buddy-cop movies with lots of action (read car chases and things blowing up) then this will work for you.

I give this a 3of5 stars

Rating: 3of5
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:04:05 AM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »
    The Maiden Heist (2009/United States)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Peter Hewitt
Writing:Michael LeSieur (Original Material By)
Length:90 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Christopher Walken as Roger Barlow
Joseph McKenna as Lead Villain
Wynn Everett as Docent
Patricia B. Till as Rude Museum Patron
Marcia Gay Harden as Rose Barlow

Plot:
It was a stroke of genius. But now the perfect crime is turning into a perfect disaster in this madcap comedy featuring Academy Award winners Morgan Freeman (Best Supporting Actor, Million Dollar Baby, 2004), Christopher Walken (Best Supporting Actor, The Deer Hunter, 1978), Marcia Gay Harden (Best Supporting Actress, Pollock, 2000) and Academy Award nominee William H. Macy (Best Supporting Actor, Fargo, 1996).

Charles, Roger and George are the very picture of honest security guards. But when they learn their favorite artworks are being sent to another museum, they concoct a plan to switch the real masterpieces with fakes. All goes well until a mistake forces these first-time thieves into a last-minute escapade in the comedy caper that proves you're never too old to have some new fun.

(click to show/hide)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
'The Maiden Heist' stars Christopher Walken (Roger Barlow), Morgan Freeman (Charles), William H. Macy (George McLendon) and Marcia Gay Harden (Rose Barlow, Rogers wife).

This movie is superb.  It is one of those movie who for me is a must watch if I am just cruising the channels and I happen upon it.  Like 'Secondhand Lions', 'Cookies Fortune' or most things with Reese Witherspoon in it.

The acting, direction and artwork all work seamlessly to create a great feeling.  Walken, Freeman and Macy .. what can i say about these 3.  They have been in so many different movies and have received or nominated for so many awards .. the is really not much left that can be said.  I find them flawless in this movie.

I would simply say that this movie is for anyone who likes a great ensemble cast, good action and a touch of comedy.

Rating 4of5 stars

Rating: 4of5 stars

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:04:41 AM by DSig »
Thank you
David

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »
Thanks for bringing up The Maiden Heist. It's been under my radar and I'm a big fan of William H. Macy.

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 10:50:08 PM »
Thanks for bringing up The Maiden Heist. It's been under my radar and I'm a big fan of William H. Macy.
My pleasure ... I just say 'em as i watch 'em <G>.  William H. Macy was great in this .. just a quirky as his roll in 'Fargo'.
Thank you
David