Author Topic: My Blu-Ray Reviews  (Read 126292 times)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My Blu-Ray Reviews
« Reply #840 on: August 17, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »

Title: Gone in 60 Seconds
Year: 2000
Director: Dominic Sena
Rating: Rated 15 : Moderate Sex and Violence
Length: 118 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: Engelsk: PCM: 5.1, Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Fransk: DTS: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italiensk: DTS: 5.1, Italiensk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Tysk: DTS: 5.1, Tysk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: DTS: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Icelandic, Italiensk, Norsk, Spansk, Svensk, Tysk

Stars:
Nicolas Cage
Giovanni Ribisi
Angelina Jolie
TJ Cross
William Lee Scott
Scott Caan

Plot:
Nicolas Cage and Angelina Jolie feed the need for speed with Gone In 60 Seconds on Blu-ray's high definition disc. Gear up for action-packed thrills as this revolutionary new format gets your motor running.

Forced out of retirement to save his kid brother from an evil mobster, legendary car booster Memphis Raines re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full-throttle race to pull off the ultimate auto heist. Experience the searing intensity of every headlight in amazing 1080p, and hear the roar of exotic engines - plus a hot soundtrack - with spectacular enhanced audio. Now, life in the fast lane is wilder than ever with Blu-ray™ High Definition!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Dokumentar

My Review:
Well, i can watch this movie over and over again. Never get tired of it really. It is just as good as the first time i watched it. Great cars, great scenes. And the carchase scene with the Eleanor. Legandary! And ofc, its always great to see oldschool Nic Cage and Ang Jolie. Amazing. And the blurayset is amazign aswell.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 27, 2014, 04:17:43 PM »

Title: Taking Lives: Director's Cut
Year: 2004
Director: D. J. Caruso [D.J. Caruso]
Rating: Rated 15 : Strong Language, Horror and Moderate Sex
Length: 109 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: Engelsk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Engelsk: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Spansk

Stars:
Angelina Jolie
Ethan Hawke
Kiefer Sutherland
Gena Rowlands
Olivier Martinez
Tcheky Karyo

Plot:
An elusive serial killer is on the loose, ruthlessly murdering victims and then assuming their identities. But now there's a breakthrough and FBI profiler Illeana Scott has been assigned to the case.

This edgy cat-and-mouse thriller sees Scott meeting her match in a killer that seems to know her every move. Alone in an unfamiliar city with no one she can trust, Agent Scott suddenly finds herself on a twisted and terrifying journey, surrounded by suspects in a case that has become chillingly personal.

Directed by D.J. Caruso (Eagle Eye) and with an all star cast including Academy Award®* winner Angelina Jolie, Ethan Hawke, Kiefer Sutherland and Olivier Martinez, this jump-out-of-your-seat shocker will have you gripped from start to finish.

*1999, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Girl Interrupted

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Dokumentar
Outtakes/Bloopers

My Review:
I decided to check this out again. I watched it for the first time ages ago, and really enjoyed it. And i still enjoyed just as much. Its a dark thriller with Angelina Jolie in the lead as a FBI agent, who chases a serial killer. And they made it really work. And ofc it always help to watch "oldschool Angie" i really like the "oldschool" her. And this cool blurayset had some real cool extras aswell. A must see.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 27, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »
Agree that this film *works*.  Angelina Jolie and Ethan Hawke are great together.  And Gena Rowlands .. wow her performance here is up with Piper Laurie in Carrie. (different characters of course but both should get mother of the year awards).  Keifer was okay but he is real hit or miss with me so ..
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 01, 2014, 04:01:31 PM »

Title: Dumb and Dumber: Uncut More Dumber than Evur!
Year: 1994
Director: Peter Farrelly
Rating: Rated 12 : Moderate Sex References
Length: 113 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Jim Carrey (1962)
Jeff Daniels (1955)
Lauren Holly
Mike Starr (1950)
Karen Duffy
Charles Rocket

Plot:
The dumbest duo in comedy rides again in this longer, uncut version of the funniest movie in the world.

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are hilarious as a pair of lovable losers on a cross-country road trip to return a briefcase full of cash to its beautiful owner (Lauren Holly). During the course of their moronic mission, these indomitable dimwits confound cops, kidnappers, rednecks and anyone unlucky enough to cross their paths.

Featuring deleted and alternate scenes, a retrospective documentary and six more outrageous minutes, this is the most satisfyingly stupid comic caper of all time!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar 

My Review:
I just watched this one last night. I havent seen this since i can remember. I didnt remember much about it. But for me, this movie is just pure class. Jim Carrey is legendary. The movie makes me laugh trough out the whole thing. Real funny moments trough out. One of the better comedies i've seen actually. And it is a good transfer to the bluray aswell. And the bluray got some cool extras.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 01, 2014, 04:41:47 PM »
I whole heartedly agree. I am not a big fat humor kind of guy ... BUT ... This is just one of those films that truefully delight. This is a blow milk through the nose kind of film. Daniels was good but Carey is simply brilliant. This is as good as it gets

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:19:50 PM by DSig »
Thank you
David

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 11, 2014, 04:33:13 PM »

Title: Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
Year: 2014
Director: Christopher Landon
Rating: Unrated
Length: 100 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Fransk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spansk: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portugisisk: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: Engelsk, Fransk, Portugisisk, Spansk

Stars:
Andrew Jacobs
Katie Featherston
Molly Ephraim
Richard Cabral
Crystal Santos
Chloe Csengery

Plot:
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES "breaks new ground and buries you screaming in it."* The breakthrough horror franchise is back with "wicked and evil vengeance"*...and it's claimed a new victim. Seventeen-year-old Jesse has been hearing terrifying sounds coming from his neighbor's apartment, but when he turns on his camera and sets out to uncover their source, he encounters an ancient evil that won't rest until it's claimed his very soul! Experience an all-new Paranormal Activity chapter that critics are calling "THE VERY BEST OF THE SERIES."**

*Steve Barton, DREAD CENTRAL **Don Sumner, Best-Horror-Movies.com

Extras:
Scenevalg
Slettede scener
Digital Copy

My Review:
I didnt know this was out, before i saw it in the store on sale. So i had to have it. And i've enjoyed the 3 first Paranormal movies. The 4th was ok. So going in to this i didnt have any expactations at all. And for me i guess  that helped. The story in this was a bit different then what we have seen in the 4 first movies. And that helped alot. And it had some moments here and there. If you have seen the first 4 movies and liked them, check this one out aswell.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 12, 2014, 04:42:54 PM »

Title: Reasonable Doubt
Year: 2013
Director: Peter P. Croudins
Rating: Rated R : Violence and Language
Length: 90 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Dominic Cooper
Samuel L. Jackson (1948)
Gloria Reuben
Ryan Robbins
Erin Karpluk
Dylan Taylor

Plot:
Hotshot district attorney Mitch Brockden (Cooper) is involved in a fatal hit-and-run, but Clinton Davis (Jackson) is found with the body and charged with murder. Believing that Davis is innocent, Brockden is compelled to throw the trial. Soon after, Brockden's perfect life begins to unravel as he realizes that the man he set free is hiding a secret that will destroy him.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Interviews
Digital Cop

My Review:
This was a blind buy, and real cheap really. I didnt know anything about the movie at all. But it looked like a interesting story. So i just watched it. And the movie starts of' a bit slow. But after the 20minute mark the movie takes off. The story gets more intense. And we got some cool twists and turns trough out. And Both Dominic Cooper and Samuel L. Jackson does a great job in this one. For me this was actually a rather good movie! Wich i will watch again. Recommanded!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 14, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »

Title: Need for Speed
Director: Scott Waugh
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Sequences of Reckless Street Racing, Disturbing Crash Scenes, Nudity and Crude Language
Length: 131 Min.
Video: Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Aaron Paul
Dominic Cooper
Imogen Poots
Scott Mescudi
Rami Malek
Ramon Rodriguez (1979)

Plot:
Buckle up with Tobey Marshall (Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad) as he sets out on a mission of revenge against wealthy and arrogant Dino Brewster (Dominic Cooper), who framed him for a crime he didn't commit. Tobey pushes his limits to the max in a high-octane race across America, hitting the road with the world's most exotic supercars – delivering real speed, real danger and real action. Adapted from the top-selling video game franchise – and complete with never-before-seen bonus features – Need For Speed is the ultimate thrill ride.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Digital Copy

My Review:
Wow, what a movie that was! I wanted this movie since i heard there would come a 'NFS' movie. I watched this when i did some work on the computer. So i will try to watch again soon a bit closer. Because i really loved it. The carscenes was amazing (even tho you can clearly see its computermade) the action was great also. And a strong perfromance by the cast. A great movie to get your blood pumping ;)  All in all, one of the better movies i've seen this year!

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 18, 2014, 05:23:29 PM »

Title: Rogue Assassin
Year: 2007
Director: Philip G. Atwell
Rating: Rated MA 15+ : Strong Violence
Length: 103 Min.
Audio: English: PCM: 7.1, English: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Kommentar: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Jet Li
Jason Statham (1972)
John Lone
Devon Aoki
Luis Guzman
Saul Rubinek

Plot:
International martial arts sensation JET LI and tough guy JASON STATHAM face-off in this no-holds-barred, ultimate action showdown!
After his partner is brutally murdered by the infamous assassin Rogue (Li), FBI agent Jack Crawford (Statham) vows to find the elusive killer and personally avenge his partner's death. But Crawford's thirst for vengeance jeopardizes his professional judgment, and as the violence escalates, Crawford finally comes face-to-face with his enemy, only to discover that nothing about Rogue or his plan is quite what it seems... and he must be prepared for WAR!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Gallery
Production Notes
Interactive Games
Outtakes/Bloopers

My Review:
Well, after having this in my unwatched pile for ages i decided to check it out. And with Jet Li  Jason Statham, i guess you gotta get some awesome fightscenes huh? Well, the movie to be honest was fun. Alot of cool actionscenes. And ofc we got some great fightscenes too. I guess it was a typical Statham movie ;)  Allright fun for two hours. And this blurayset come with alot of cool extras.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 28, 2014, 12:12:17 AM »

Title: Non-Stop
Director: Jaume Collet-Serra
Rating: Rated PG-13 : Intense Sequences of Action and Violence, Some Language, Sensuality and Drug References
Length: 106 Min.
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Liam Neeson
Julianne Moore
Scoot McNairy
Michelle Dockery
Nate Parker
Corey Stoll

Plot:
Global action star Liam Neeson stars in this action thriller played out at 40,000 feet in the air. During a transatlantic flight, U.S. Air Marshall Bill Marks (Neeson) receives a series of cryptic text messages threatening to kill a passenger every 20 minutes unless $150 million is transferred into an off-shore account. With the lives of hundreds of passengers hanging in the balance, Marks must use every nuance of his training to uncover the killer traveling on the aircraft. Non-Stop costars Julianne Moore (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1), Michelle Dockery (TV's Downton Abbey) and Academy Award® winner† Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave).

†2014 Best Supporting Actress, 12 Years a Slave

Extras:
Scenevalg
Bonus Trailers
Dokumentar
Digital Copy

My Review:
Yep, i wanted to check this out for a while. And now i finally got some time to check it out. And i actually liked it. Not the best thriller i've seen, but they made it work in that plane. The story wasnt anything out of the ordinary. But it was good to see Julianne Moore and Liam Neeson. They did a allright job. All in all, a allright thriller. Check it out for a cheap penny.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 28, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »

Title: Death Sentence
Year: 2007
Director: James Wan
Rating: Rated NR : Strong Bloody Violence and Vigilante Theme
Length: 111 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Kevin Bacon
Garrett Hedlund
Kelly Preston
Jordan Garrett
Stuart Lafferty
Aisha Tyler

Plot:
Nick Hume (Kevin Bacon) is a mild-mannered executive with a loving family and a perfect life, until one gruesome night when his teenage son is senselessly murdered during a gas station holdup. Transformed by grief and not satisfied with courtroom justice, Nick takes the law into his own hands - and wages an all-out war against a gang of vicious street thugs. Directed by James Wan (Saw), Death Sentence is a gripping revenge thriller loaded with in-you-face action, bone-snapping violence and nail-biting suspense!

Extras:
Scenevalg
Dokumentar

My Review:
I've had this in my unwatched pile for ever, and decided to finally check it out. The movie is a typical action thriller revenge kinda thing. Kevin Bacon is playing a father who lose his family to some random gangbang attack. And after that ofc he's on a mission to get revenge for his family. And the movie have its moments here and there and Kevin Bacon is actually brilliant in this one. Not the best thriller i've seen, but not the worst either.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 28, 2014, 05:47:33 PM »

Title: 3 Days to Kill
Director: McG
Rating: Unrated
Length: 122 Min.

Stars:
Kevin Costner
Amber Heard
Hailee Steinfeld
Connie Nielsen
Tómas Lemarquis
Richard Sammel

Plot:
"A stellar cast" (Jeffrey Lyons, Lyons Den Radio), including Oscar® Winner Kevin Costner*, Oscar® Nominee Hailee Steinfeld** and Amber Heard lead this "undeniably entertaining" (The Hollywood Reporter) action-thriller. Costner plays a daring international spy with lethal skills and a hard-earned reputation for tackling the most dangerous missions imaginable. But when a seductive CIA operative (Heard) makes him an offer he can't refuse, he's forced to juggle his two toughest assignments yet: looking after his rebellious teenage daughter (Steinfeld) while hunting down the world's most ruthless terrorist.

*Dances With Wolves, 1990, Directing, Best Picture (Jim Wilson and Kevin Coster, Producers)
**True Grit, 2010, Supporting Actress

Extras:
Scenevalg
Feature Trailers
Slettede scener
Dokumentar
Digital Copy
Theatrical and Extended Versions

My Review:
Uhm, this is a difficult one for me to rate really. I just watched it. And for me its a mix between action\suspence\spy-thriller. It had its good moments here and there. The actionscenes was allright. But there was a few things they could have handled a bit better imho. The whole CIA story wasnt credible to me. And Kevin Costner just looked like he was in it for the money. But other then that, 2 hours of allright entertainment. Check it out for a cheap penny.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #852 on: September 28, 2014, 06:46:06 PM »
Thanks!
Had this on my wishlist until just now.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 12, 2014, 09:03:32 PM »

Title: Murder on the Orient Express: The Agatha Christie Collection
Year: 1974
Director: Sidney Lumet
Rating: 15 år
Length: 129 Min.
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: Engelsk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, Fransk: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, Italiensk: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo, Spansk: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo, Portugisisk: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: Dansk, Engelsk, Finsk, Fransk, Hollandsk, Italiensk, Norsk, Portugisisk, Spansk, Svensk

Stars:
Albert Finney
Lauren Bacall
Martin Balsam
Ingrid Bergman
Jacqueline Bisset
Jean Pierre Cassel

Plot:
Den verdenskjente detektiven Hercule Poirot returnerer til London på Orientekspressen etter å ha løst en sak i Istanbul. Blant hans reisefølge finnes en rekke høytstående personer, inkludert en greve og grevinne, en millionær, en russisk aristokrat og deres undertrykte tjenere. Når toget plutselig stoppes av et snøskred og blir stående over natten, oppdages et lik i nabovognen til Poirot. Reisen blir en jakt etter morderen, som fortsatt må befinne seg på toget, og passasjerene må finne seg i Poirots gravende spørsmål, som avslører en mørk og uhyggelig fortid som binder de alle sammen.

Extras:
Scenevalg

My Review:
No horror marathon for me this year. Maby next time.
This movie has been a top 3 movie for me since i first watched it on dvd. And today i decided to check out the bluray version. And to be frank, they did a pretty decent job with the transfer IMHO. And the movie is just great. Great acting, great story. Just a classic. Is ofc recommanded to check out.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 22, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »

Title: Rage
Director: Paco Cabezas
Rating: NR
Length: 98 Min.

Stars:
Nicolas Cage
Rachel Nichols
Max Ryan
Michael McGrady
Danny Glover
Peter Stormare

Plot:
Paul Maguire (Academy Award® winner Nicolas Cage, Leaving Las Vegas) is a respectable businessman and loving father living peaceful life...until his violent past comes back to haunt him. When his teenage daughter is taken from their home, Paul rounds up his old crew to help him find her...by any means necessary.His search for justice leads Paul down a dark and bloody path of revenge, betrayal and long buried secrets. Danny Glover (the Lethal Weapon films), Rachel Nichols (G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra) and Peter Stormare (Fargo) co-star in this heart-stopping thrill ride that shows no mercy.

Extras:
Scenevalg
Slettede scener
Dokumentar

My Review:
That was a decent actionflick. Alot of cool stuff happening in the 1hr and 38 minutes. Typical revenge story with alot of fight and other action scenes. And for me its always nice to see Nicolas Cage back on the big screen. Even tho he's getting older. And he is not like he was back in the 90's. (Face Off, Con Air, Gone In 60 etc) But he did ok in this one i think. All in all, its a decent action flick. A good way to spend 1hr 38mins i would say! So check it out for a cheap penny.

My Rating:
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas