Author Topic: June Marathon: Cast Chain  (Read 8973 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
June Marathon: Cast Chain
« on: May 30, 2012, 05:42:19 PM »
June Marathon
Cast Chain
I been thinking of ideas of what I can do for June... and I have not watched many movies lately... really been concentrating on TV Series. So I thought why not do a cast chain of movies. I am sure this isn't a new idea. Though probably called something else? But I never done one before so thought I would give it a try. I haven't completely worked it out yet... but here is the basic idea of what I was thinking...

Starting out with a random cast member... most likely a favorite actor or actress. But each movie I watch I must pick a different cast member from the previous movie. Though I am thinking maybe I can repeat an actor or actress... just as long as there is lets say a few movies since their last movie I watched. And then just see how many movies I can watch by the end of the month. So for example...

Start with Charlie Sheen in Red Dawn. It also starred Lea Thompson... so next I watch Back to the Future which starred Michael J. Fox so after it I watch The Frighteners... etc, etc, etc.

Ideally maybe even get it to end with the same person I started with... but that would be difficult at best... basically no more then luck since I have no idea how many movies I could watch within the month. That is the basic idea.

Now the question is.... who should I pick to start with?  :hmmmm:

And how long will I get this chain by the end of the month?  :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: June Marathon: Cast Chain
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »
It's been done here before, I think, although not sure when, by who or what it was called. Anyway, should be a fun way to get you through some random movies in your collection.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
That is what I am hoping.
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 06:32:41 PM »
Starting point? I went to your collection and then to random.org. First random number was between 1-3022 (your collection numbers). This gave me what could be your starting film:
The Break-up

I then did a random number for the cast members. You should start with Joey Lauren Adams.

Enjoy!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
     Batman Begins: Two-Disc Deluxe Edition (2005/United States)

Warner Home Video
Director:Christopher Nolan
Writing:Christopher Nolan (Screenwriter), David S. Goyer (Screenwriter), David S. Goyer (Story By), Bob Kane (Original Characters By)
Length:140 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Intense Action Violence, Disturbing Images and Some Thematic Elements
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Michael Caine as Alfred
Liam Neeson as Ducard
Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes
Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon
Cillian Murphy as Dr. Jonathan Crane

Plot:
In BATMAN BEGINS, acclaimed director Christopher Nolan explores the origins of the legendary DARK KNIGHT. In the wake of his parents' murders, disillusioned heir BRUCE WAYNE (CHRISTIAN BALE) travels the world seeking the means to fight injustice and turn fear against those who prey on the fearful. With the help of his trusted butler ALFRED (MICHAEL CAINE), detective JIM GORDON (GARY OLDMAN) and his ally LUCIUS FOX (MORGAN FREEMAN), Wayne returns to GOTHAM CITY and unleashes his alter ego: BATMAN, a masked crusader who uses strength, intellect and an array of high-tech weaponry to fight the sinister forces that threaten the city.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned
  • 'Tankman Begins' Spoof

My Thoughts:
I think they did a wonderful job on this movie I enjoyed every second of it. I especially enjoyed Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. I also enjoyed the Scarecrow storyline. Actually I can't think of much of anything I didn't like. It is a long movie.. clocks in at 2hrs and 19min... but you wouldn't know it while watching as time just flies by as you are watching. A great start at rebooting the series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 04:51:31 PM »
Next up....

A Morgan Freeman movie

Morgan Freeman played Lucius Fox in the previous movie Batman Begins.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »
     Lucky # Slevin: Widescreen Edition (2006/United States)

The Weinstein Company Home Entertainment
Director:Paul McGuigan
Writing:Jason Smilovic (Writer)
Length:110 min.
Rating:Rated R : Strong Violence, Sexuality and Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Josh Hartnett as Slevin
Bruce Willis as Mr. Goodkat
Lucy Liu as Lindsey
Morgan Freeman as The Boss
Sir Ben Kingsley as The Rabbi
Michael Rubenfeld as Yitzchok

Plot:
Set in the New York underworld where nothing is as it seems, Lucky # Slevin is an action-packed, "fun-as-hell roller coaster ride" (Venice Magazine). When down-on-his-luck Slevin (Josh Hartnett) stumbles into a running feud between the city's most feared crime bosses (Morgan Freeman and Ben Kingsley), he ignites an all-out war. Tracked by a mysterious assassin (Bruce Willis) and distracted by his flirtatious neighbor (Lucy Liu), Slevin must try to cheat death by turning the tables on the gangsters. "If you take the best parts of Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects and The Professional, what you get is Lucky # Slevin" (Shawn Edwards, Fox-TV Kansas City).

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I never even seen the trailer for this movie before today...but I have heard good things about this one. So I went into it with little to no expectations. Unfortunately I was still less then thrilled with this movie. It probably don't help that I never been much of a fan of organized crime movies. Plus I found I just didn't care about... really any of the characters. It didn't take much time at all for my attention to wander. Before I knew it... it was little more then background noise while I did other things. So I obviously didn't give it the attention it deserved... but I just found myself unable to. Besides all that... there was some scenes that caught my attention for a few moments at a time.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 07:40:36 PM »
Next up....

A Bruce Willis movie

Bruce Willis played Mr. Goodkat in the previous movie Lucky # Slevin.

My Choices:
Titles in bold are ones I never seen before.

- 12 monkeys
- 16 Blocks
- Aramgeddon
- Bandits
- Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
- Die Hard
- Die Hard 2: Die Harder
- Die Hard with a Vengeance
- The Fifth Element
- Hart's War
- Hudson Hawk
- The Jackal
- Live Free or Die Hard
- Lucky # Slevin
- Mercury Rising
- Ocean's Twelve
- Planet Terror
- The Sixth Sense
- Surrogates
- Unbreakable
- The Whole Nine Yards
- The Whole Ten Yards

I haven't decided yet... but I am considering either Surrogates or The Whole Ten Yards.
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 09:34:21 PM »
I enjoyed Lucky Number Slevin much more than you did. Out of those Bruce Willis unwatched, I think 16 Blocks is suited best for your tastes.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 09:44:17 PM »
I watched the trailer for Surrogates... and that one looked really interesting. I will check out the trailer for 16 Blocks.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »
I enjoyed Lucky Number Slevin much more than you did. Out of those Bruce Willis unwatched, I think 16 Blocks is suited best for your tastes.

16 Blocks did look good by the trailer as well... but this time around I think I will go with Surrogates. Planning ahead to the next movie it looks like I will have an easier time finding someone for the next movie with my collection.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 01:49:21 PM »
     Surrogates (2009/United States)

Touchstone Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Jonathan Mostow
Writing:Robert Venditti (Original Material By), Brett Weldele (Original Material By), John Brancato (Screenwriter), Michael Ferris (Screenwriter)
Length:89 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Intense Sequences of Violence, Disturbing Images, Language, Sexuality and a Drug-Related Scene
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Bruce Willis as Greer
Radha Mitchell as Peters
Rosamund Pike as Maggie
Boris Kodjoe as Stone
James Francis Ginty as Canter
James Cromwell as Older Canter

Plot:
How do you save humanity when the only thing that's real is you?

From the director of Terminator 3 comes a jaw-dropping psychological thriller starring the ultimate action hero, Bruce Willis.

In the not-so-distant future, where people experience life through perfect surrogates controlled from the safety of their own homes, murder is a thing of the past. But when a college student linked to the creator of these replicants is killed, one FBI agent must re-enter reality and risk his life to unravel the mystery. In the battle of technology versus humanity, who can you trust?

Experience every electrifying moment of this mind-blowing movie. Based on the acclaimed graphic novel and exploding with unforgettable action, Surrogates is nonstop entertainment from start to finish!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I never even heard of this movie before it was given to me this past September... and only first watched the trailer for it yesterday. The trailer looked really good to me... but I was quickly warned that I really have to pay attention to this movie as it can get pretty strange and hard to follow. But I didn't find that to be true watching it...I was able to follow it just fine. But then again... once I started watching it I was hooked. It kept my attention from beginning to the end. And I enjoyed it quite a bit. I found myself fascinated by the storyline. I can definitely see myself watching this one again.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
Next up....

A James Cromwell movie

James Cromwell played Older Canter in the previous movie Surrogates.

My Choices:

- A Christmas Without Snow
- Deep Impact
- The Green Mile
- I, Robot
- The Longest Yard (2005)
- The Man with Two Brains
- Salem's Lot (2004)
- Space Cowboys
- Species II
- Spider-Man III
- Star Trek: First Contact
- The Sum of All Fears

I haven't decided yet... but I am considering I, Robot... to have a little robot double feature today.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 02:54:18 AM »
     i, Robot: Widescreen (2004/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Alex Proyas
Writing:Jeff Vintar (Screenwriter), Akiva Goldsman (Screenwriter), Jeff Vintar (Story By), Isaac Asimov (Original Material By)
Length:115 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Intense Stylized Action, and Some Brief Partial Nudity
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: DTS: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Will Smith as Del Spooner
Bridget Moynahan as Susan Calvin
Alan Tudyk as Sonny (Voice)
James Cromwell as Dr. Alfred Lanning
Bruce Greenwood as Lawrence Robertson
Adrian L. Ricard as Granny

Plot:
Superstar Will Smith rages against the machines in this mind-blowing, sci-fi action thriller! When a scientist (James Cromwell) is found dead, robophobic detective Del Spooner (Smith) suspects an advanced robot committed the murder. According to the Three Laws of Robotics, however, a robot can't harm a human—but rules were meant to be broken! This suspenseful tale of the future questions whether technology will ultimately lead to mankind's salvation...or annihilation.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is one I never seen before today... but have been curios about since the first time I saw the trailer. I am glad I finally got around to watching it... as I enjoyed it quite a bit. It has a good, interesting storyline... and lots of fun action. I also found the characters likable. A good way to waste a couple hours. An all around fun Sci-Fi action popcorn movie. If by any chance you never seen this one before... I definitely recommend it. I can easily see myself watching this one again.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »
Next up....

A Will Smith movie

Will Smith played Dell Spooner in the previous movie I, Robot.

My Choices:

- Bad Boys
- Bad Boys 2
- Enemy of the State
- Hancock
- I Am Legend
- I, Robot
- Independence Day
- Men in Black
- Men in Black II
- The Pursuit of Happyness
- Wild Wild West

I'll probably take this opportunity to watch Bad Boys 2 since it is the only one in the list I never seen before.
Pete