Author Topic: The Movies from Within My Lifetime: 2012 Edition  (Read 35278 times)

samuelrichardscott

Re: The Movies from Within My Lifetime: 2012 Edition
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »
Thanks guys! I do love my '80s horror... That is about when I first really started to get into movies. Actually surprised I missed this one. At least I don't remember ever seeing it before.

Maybe you have you heard of it under the more well-known title, Phenomena?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 11:20:06 PM »
I doubt it... It was release as Creepers in the USA, butchering italian movie is a tradition in the US :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 11:23:33 PM »
Thanks guys! I do love my '80s horror... That is about when I first really started to get into movies. Actually surprised I missed this one. At least I don't remember ever seeing it before.

Maybe you have you heard of it under the more well-known title, Phenomena?

You need to re-read my review!  :tease: Nah... I knew it was originally titled Phenomena... I mentioned it more then once in my review. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 11:24:54 PM »
I doubt it... It was release as Creepers in the USA, butchering italian movie is a tradition in the US :laugh:

We either butcher 'em or remake 'em!  :thumbup: :tease:
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 11:25:29 PM »
I did read it. Honest. Short term memory spasm. :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 11:26:34 PM »
 :laugh:
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 11:26:51 PM »

We either butcher 'em or remake 'em!  :thumbup: :tease:

A remake is coming... - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2198107/

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 11:32:01 PM »
 :hysterical: How come I'm not surprised?  :hysterical:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 11:32:23 PM »
You need to re-read my review!  :tease: Nah... I knew it was originally titled Phenomena... I mentioned it more then once in my review. :P
But as I said it was never released theatrically in the States as Phenomena. Just like The Beyond was released cut as Seven Doors of Death or Cannibal Apocalypse who was released cut as Invasion of the Flesh Hunters.

A remake is coming... - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2198107/
It will probably stay in developpment hell forever... just like the Bazooka Joe movie who is not even listed anymore :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:34:35 PM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »
    Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice (1992/United States)

Echo Bridge Home Entertainment
Director:David F. Price
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Original Characters By), Paul Froghlich (Writer), A. L. Katz (Writer), Gilbert Adler (Writer)
Length:94 min.
Rating:Rated R : Horror Violence and Language
Video:Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Terence Knox as Garrett
Paul Scherrer as Danny
Ryan Bollman as Micah
Christie Clark as Lacey
Rosalind Allen as Angela
Ned Romero as Red Bear

Plot:
When the town of Hemingford discovers the gruesome massacre in neighboring Gatlin, the once quiet Midwestern town is jolted into activity. Tabloid reporter John Garrett, who is hoping to break the story on the bizarre murders, is travel with his defiant 19-year-old son, Danny. While staying in a local bed and breakfast, Danny meets the orphaned Micah. Micah soon becomes the leader of the resurrected corn cult and more adults die horrible, violent deaths. Sensing that Danny is at odds with his father, Micah tries to lure him into joining the cult.

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
Part of a Children of the Corn triple feature set I bought for this past Halloween marathon... unfortunately I never got around to watching it back in October. I haven't seen this movie since it was originally released... wow, that was 20 years ago!?! So needless to say... watching it today was like watching it again for the first time. At first I was considering watching the first movie before this one... but I seen it not that long ago... and seen it several times... so didn't feel the need. After watching I felt it was pretty good. I didn't care for it as much as I did the first one... but it was still worth watching. Yes... this one does have a bit of blood in it as well... but the first movie was more graphic. Over-all I would say it is worth the hour and a half you put in to watch it. Unfortunately there is no extras what so ever on this release.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:34:21 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 01:21:14 AM »
     Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid (2004/United States)

Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment
Director:Dwight H. Little
Writing:Hans Bauer (Screenwriter), Jim Cash (Screenwriter), Jack Epps, Jr. (Screenwriter), Hans Bauer (Original Material By), Jim Cash (Original Material By), Jack Epps, Jr. (Original Material By), John Claflin (Screenwriter), Daniel Zelman (Screenwriter), Michael Miner (Screenwriter), Edward Neumeier (Screenwriter)
Length:97 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Action Violence, Scary Images and Some Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Johnny Messner as Bill Johnson
Kadee Strickland as Sam Rogers
Matthew Marsden as Dr. Jack Byron
Nicholas Gonzalez as Dr. Ben Douglas
Eugene Byrd as Cole Burris
Karl Yune as Tran

Plot:
The blood orchid - A rare flower that holds the secret of eternal life and a fortune to the pharmaceutical company that finds it. Led by a two-fisted soldier of fortune, a scientific expedition is sent deep into the jungles of Borneo to locate and bring back samples of the legendary plant. Battling their way upriver, the explorers brave poisonous insects, ferocious crocodiles and savage headhunters, unaware they're being stalked by an even greater danger: a nest of giant anacondas, voracious, fifty-foot-long flesh-eaters who'll stop at nothing to protect their breeding ground, the blood orchid's home.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed Anaconda when I saw it... so was looking forward to this one when I found out a friend was giving me a copy. The first thing I notice is this movie stars Kadee Strickland. I am familiar with her as she is in the main cast of the medical drama Private Practice playing Dr. Charlotte King. I have to say I enjoyed this one over-all. It isn't what I would call a great movie.... but I definitely had fun watching it. I did like the first Anaconda movie better... but this one is also worthy of a place in your collection as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 02:00:07 AM »
I loved the first but found this disappointing. I still enjoyed it but mainly because creature features are one of my fave sub-genres. 3 and 4 are hilariously bad. So much so they are enjoyable. I'm just waiting to be able to grab them very cheap.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 02:13:46 AM »
I was given part 3.... haven't watched it yet though. I got worried about it as soon as I saw that the main star was David Hassellhoff. I mean I liked him in Knight Rider.... but that is the only thing I ever saw that I did like him in! :P
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2012, 02:15:21 AM »
I would actually say he is one of the reasons it becomes train wreck fun. :laugh:

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2012, 02:18:40 AM »
Looking back at my ratings at imdb:
1 - 4.5/5 (seriously, an unhealthy love for this film... same with Lake Placid)
2 - 2.5/5
3 - 2.5/5
4 - 2/5