Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs  (Read 8052 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »
Well... I watched 6 movies so far this weekend. But I also bought 6 movies this weekend. So I am still at 978 unwatched movies.  :bag: I am still going to watch at least a couple more... but no way I will be getting under the 970s this weekend like I originally wanted to. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »
     Nine Months (1995/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Chris Columbus
Writing:Patrick Braoudé [Patrick Braoude] (Original Material By), Chris Columbus (Screenwriter)
Length:103 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Language and Sexual Innuendo
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Hugh Grant as Samuel Faulkner
Julianne Moore as Rebecca Taylor
Tom Arnold as Marty Dwyer
Joan Cusack as Gail Dwyer
Jeff Goldblum as Sean Fletcher
Robin Williams as Dr. Kosevich

Plot:
In this hilarious comedy about pregnancy, parenthood and panic, Sam (Hugh Grant) has it all: a wonderful girlfriend, a successful child psychology practice and a red Porsche. But all that changes when his girlfriend (Julianne Moore) tells him she’s pregnant. Torn between advice from an overbearing couple (Tom Arnold, Joan Cusack), his bachelor buddy (Jeff Goldblum) and a crazy Russian gynecologist (Robin Williams), Sam’s got nine months to grow up—or risk losing it all!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I figured I would go from one expected baby movie to another. And yes... this is another DVD that was given to me. I never been a fan of Hugh Grant... so went into this one not expecting too much. And I didn't care much for him in this one either. But luckily for him... Tom Arnold is also in this movie. And I dislike him even more then Hugh Grant. Despite the two of them being in this movie... I enjoyed it quite a bit. It has lots of laughs in it. I especially liked Robin Williams in it as the doctor!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 11:05:49 PM »
     Scre4m (2011/United States)

Anchor Bay Entertainment, Dimension Home Entertainment, The Weinstein Company Home Entertainment
Director:Wes Craven
Writing:Kevin Williamson (Writer)
Length:111 min.
Rating:Rated R : Strong Bloody Violence, Language and Some Teen Drinking
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Lucy Hale as Sherrie
Roger Jackson as "The Voice"
Shenae Grimes as Trudie
Dane Farwell as Ghostface
Anna Paquin as Rachel
Kristen Bell as Chloe

Plot:
Directed by suspense master and director of the first trilogy, Wes Craven, Scream 4 is the newest installment in the acclaimed franchise that ushered in a new wave of horror in the 1990s. In Scream 4, Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell), now the author of a self-help book, returns home to Woodsboro on the last stop of her book tour. There she reconnects with Sheriff Dewey (David Arquette) and Gale (Courtney Cox), who are now married, as well as her cousin Jill (Emma Roberts). Unfortunately Sidney's appearance also brings about the return of Ghost Face, putting Sidney, Gale, and Dewey, along with Jill, her friends (Hayden Panettiere, Rory Culkin, Adam Brody) and the whole team of Woodsboro in danger!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
I really wasn't planning on watching any horror this weekend. But my brother got this disc through Netflix and I been wanting to see it. But when I saw that Lucy Hale is in it I really wanted to go ahead and watch it. I enjoyed this young actress when she co-starred in the 2007 version of the TV series The Bionic Woman. Where she played Jaime Sommers' little sister. This movie has several familiar faces from TV Shows. There is also (of course) Courteney Cox (Friends). Anna Paquin (True Blood), Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) and Hayden Panettiere (Heroes). Though some of them have very short parts... talking just cameos here (promos for the Stab movies). This is of course just much more of what the previous movies have to offer. But I enjoyed it quite a bit... and look forward to adding it to my collection.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 11:08:40 PM »
OK... this brings this weekend's movie marathon to an end. I had a lot of fun with this one. :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 11:20:57 PM »
Well this was real nice. I keep a desperate list of titles that I haven't watched yet. And I forgot to originally add The Hottie & The Nottie to that list. So between that and the movies I bought... I started this marathon with a list of 978 unwatched movies and ended this marathon with a lost of 978 unwatched movies!  :bag: :laugh:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 01:20:09 AM »
I forgot to originally add The Hottie & The Nottie to that list.
Maybe your subconscious tried to erase all this experience from your memory :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 05:32:57 AM »
Well... I watched 6 movies so far this weekend. But I also bought 6 movies this weekend. So I am still at 978 unwatched movies.  :bag:
:slaphead:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 09:12:37 AM »
Well this was real nice. I keep a desperate list of titles that I haven't watched yet. And I forgot to originally add The Hottie & The Nottie to that list. So between that and the movies I bought... I started this marathon with a list of 978 unwatched movies and ended this marathon with a lost of 978 unwatched movies!  :bag: :laugh:

:laugh:
You have a special talent Pete. ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »
 :bag: Well I am watching TV Shows for a bit now... but that number will go down next weekend. Not planning on buying any more movies anyway. :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »
Unhuh....nothing wrong with watching the tv show sets. But just because you aren't planning to buy more doesn't mean some won't turn up....someone may send you another box ..or 2 of goodies.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 10:23:41 PM »
 :laugh: This is true. You never know. I know there is one package being worked on. But I haven't talked to her in a while to know much on that one.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 05:05:27 AM »
So then your unwatched pile will be growing again then ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
Yeah... need to get some more watched... or I imagine I will end up over 1,000!   :stars:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »
I haven't checked mine in a while...I know it is crazy high.