Author Topic: Contagion  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Contagion
« on: September 27, 2011, 06:43:59 AM »
I decided to go see Contagion last week.

I've seen a few interviews tied to the movie that have doctors and people from the CDC talking about how realistic the spread of the virus is in the movie.

The movie starts with what is the second day after the new virus has infected someone.  It shows how fast the virus spreads and how the CDC starts working fairly quick to try to deal with the situation.  The story is interesting and in some ways rather scary since it is more believable.  A few short scenes quickly show how fast the virus is spreading through things that people touch.  It is enough to make a person a bit paranoid about germs.  I try to be careful about that, and use hand santizer at work since I have to deal with a lot of people during cold and flu season who just won't stay home.

The movie has several characters and jumps around between them all without spending a lot of time with any of them.  That does limit the character development some.  The characters shown are interesting and the cast does a great job.  The pacing is a little slow in a few spots, but it isn't so slow that things get boring. 

I didn't care for most of the score used in the movie.  It just felt out of place most of the time and was very distracting.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie and think it is worth seeing.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Contagion