Author Topic: The Help  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The Help
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:55:53 AM »

I was interested in seeing The Help after the first time I saw a preview for the movie.  It took me longer than I wanted, but I did get to see the movie.  It is wonderful and one of the best movies of the year with amazing performances.  I'll be surprised if some of the cast doesn't get nominated for some awards.

The movie is based on the book of the same name.  I haven't read it yet, but I'm sure I'll pick it up before much longer.  The author is from Jackson Mississippi, where the story takes place, and she was sort of raised by the maid, much like many of the characters.

The subject is a bit touchy and it is upsetting at times how the maids are treated by their white employers, but the movie is very good overall.  It definitely deserves to be seen.  Things are serious for the most part, but some funny moments happen as well.  One of those funny things is also a bit gross and might bother some people.  The characters are all interesting and Hilly makes a wonderful villain for the movie.  The cast is amazing.

I loved this movie and really do think it is one of the best of the year.  It is definitely worth seeing.

I did get a review posted at Epinions if anyone wants to take a look.

The Help