Author Topic: Unwatched DVDs in my Collection...  (Read 11692 times)

MEJHarrison

Re: Unwatched DVDs in my Collection...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 01:15:12 AM »
As with most things in life, it's all about perspective!

For example, I actually like to have at least a couple dozen unwatched movies & TV shows.  I don't know my current stats, but I'd guess combined I currently have about 50 more or less.

But, this is NOT a bad thing.  It just means when I want to watch something, I have a nice variety to choose from!  If I only had 3 unwatched movies, then I can promise I'd almost never be in the mood for one of those three.  I need choices!

Now, 50 is quite different that 1095.  The number scares me to be perfectly honest! :laugh: But if you try hard enough, I'm sure you can find a way to make it not seem so bad. :hysterical:

RossRoy

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 03:22:43 AM »
Wow Pete! You're slowly approaching my numbers!

I have 1650 profiles unwatched - but that includes boxset parents, DVD childs of Blu-ray combos, etc etc etc. It's basically every single profile I haven't marked as watched - and that even includes some I have watched! ;)

And what am I watching currently? Smallville S1 - which I have already watched in the past - but it's been 6 years since I watched it, and I just got Seasons 8 and 9 - had to get back in it to be able to follow the story  :laugh:

So yeah, that's 1650 profiles unwatched ... :surrender:

Oldest unwatched was bought over 7 years ago ...  :slaphead:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 06:10:25 AM »
But, this is NOT a bad thing.  It just means when I want to watch something, I have a nice variety to choose from!  If I only had 3 unwatched movies, then I can promise I'd almost never be in the mood for one of those three.  I need choices!
Yes. But... Wouldn't part of the choice with 3 unwatched be, that you can rewatch stuff that you own and have seen before? Isn't that mostly the point of buying rather than renting in the first place? :P

But yes, I also usually prefer watching something unwatched then rewatch...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »
I would say half the time I like to watch something I never seen before. But the other half the time I like going back to watch my old favorites. Maybe that is part of the reason I get so far behind? :P
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 01:32:38 PM »
Pete - I think the problem is your friends keep sending you big boxes of DVDs. How in the world are you ever going to catch up?  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
What you talking about Kathy! That is no problem!  :P I mean after all... isn't it always good to have a nice big choice of what to watch. That way no matter what mood you are in you have plenty of choices!  :tease:
Pete

MEJHarrison

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 07:24:29 PM »
Yes. But... Wouldn't part of the choice with 3 unwatched be, that you can rewatch stuff that you own and have seen before? Isn't that mostly the point of buying rather than renting in the first place? :P

That's a nice theory, isn't it? :laugh:

I do rewatch old stuff too.  Some of it many times.  But I do like having something new and during those times, I like to have choices! ;D

Where I differ from many here however is I like to have a couple dozen choices, not a couple hundred! :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 03:33:37 AM »
After the box of movies I got today... I am up to 917 Unwatched Movies in my collection. Think I should work on getting some of these watched this coming weekend?  :P
Pete

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »
Stop it, Kathy! You're being an enabler! :laugh:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
According to Profiler I have 919 profiles that are not flagged as Watched.

That figure is a bit on the high side, because that includes box sets (I know, I should change them to Count as 0, but there's just too many...) and it also includes some box set children that have been added after the box set was watched, and I never bothered to flag them as well.

Still, I have plenty of titles to watch when I go into retirement next year. (My God how time flies!)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 09:44:46 PM »
Since I often buy seasons on DVD I just watched over the last year I decided to mark them as watched so that my "unwatched" pile isn't even more bigger than it already is.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »
Good to see I'm not alone. :laugh: 1138 to watch here.

kevin_1990

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »
26 of my DVDs i haven't watched yet out of i should say small cause it's small to all of yours so 26 out of a small collection of 158 that's counting box Set's as 1 I'm sure if i counted the boxsets per movie it would be over 200 lol same with my 26 un watched DVDs it has box sets as 1. Some of the DVDs i have bought and not watched are DVDs i have seen before a couple of times or loads but since i got them i have never watched them but ill find my self watching them if they come on TV dose anyone else ever do that ?

W0m6at

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 08:18:57 AM »
I seem to be hovering at around 20% unwatched.

I'm trying to hold off on new purchases until I've trimmed that substantially (Godzilla films constitute a large portion of that). Unfortunately, rather than watching stuff I already own but haven't watched, I borrow (from friends/the library) other movies rather than attack the pile (but at least it's better for the budget and doesn't enlarge the pile).

W0m6at

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 06:09:08 AM »
+1

I just piggybacked The Black Pirate (1926) blu-ray onto a workmate's Amazon order.
Blind buy, but from a short clip and some screenshots I've seen, I think I'll enjoy it.  :)
...and thus swells the unwatched pile.