Author Topic: Hop  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Hop
« on: May 08, 2011, 06:12:05 AM »
Hop is a cute movie about the Easter bunny that I saw a few weeks ago.

The movie is cute and entertaining and a decent family friendly movie, though the plot is far from original.  A lot of what happens seems to be pulled and slightly changed from Santa Claus 2 and Santa Clause 3.  The move is still entertaining overall, but it would have been better if it is was more original.  There is a factory where the Easter Bunny and his workers make all the Easter candy.  That looked really cool, though it is a lot like the North Pole from the Santa Clause movies.  Having E.B. not want to take over for his father isn't that original either.  Despite the lack of originality, the movie does manage to work.  There really aren't any surprises to what happens.  A short voice over at the very beginning of the movie ruins what could have been a decent surprise.

The movie uses a blend of live action and computer animation.  The computer animation is used for the animal characters and the Easter Bunny Factory.  The animation is done well.  E.B. looks incredibly cute and cuddly.  The interaction between the actors and the animated characters is pretty good for the most part, though there is one or two times when something looks just a little off.  There is a decent amount of humor to what is going on, though some of it is a bitsilly.

The characters are fine, though none of them are developed that much.  It wold have been nice if the characters had more depth.  I did like seeing Kaley Cuoco in the movie. 

The movie is cute and fun overall, though it will probably be too silly for some people.  Kids may like the movie more than adults.

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Hop

Rogmeister

Re: Hop
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 05:55:42 PM »
This is another movie I considered seeing but the reviews didn't seem too positive so I never got around to it.  Also, one of my online friends kept telling me how bad it was supposed to be...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Hop
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »
I know some people didn't care for it.  It isn't a movie for everyone.  It could be better, but it isn't horrible.