Author Topic: Faster  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Faster
« on: January 02, 2011, 08:35:31 AM »
Faster

Since I have liked most of the movies I've seen Dwayne Johnson in, I decided that I wanted to see Faster.  It is a decent enough revenge movie, but it could have been better.  Johnson does return to action, but he can do better. 

The plot is very simple and straightforward.  As things progress, a bit more does come about the motivation for why Johnson's character - only identified as Driver in the credits - is doing what he is doing.  There is an attempt to add some complications to what is going on that don't really go anywhere.  The movie isn't that long, so things are happening at a very fast pace.  There isn't time for more story or character development.  The movie would have been better with a stronger plot.

Violence is in a lot of the scenes.  The killing starts really early in the movie.  Driver is very focused on what he is doing, and he shows no mercy to the people he is after.  He is only after certain people though, and he will go out of his way to avoid hurting innocent people.  The violence is rather graphic in some scenes.

All the characters, even Driver, are very flat.  It would have been nice if he had been a more rounded character.  He barely speaks.  Johnson does well with conveying emotions with his expressions, but this isn't one of his more entertaining performances.  The rest of the cast is fine in their roles and no one really stands out.

Faster works as a revenge action movie, though it could have been better. 

I did get a review posted on Epinions after seeing the movie in the theater.

Faster