Author Topic: Due Date  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Due Date
« on: December 02, 2010, 11:13:59 PM »
Due Date

I really like Robert Downey Jr. and I was wanting to see this one ever since I saw the first trailer. 

I'm going to say right up front that this one isn't a movie for everyone.  While it is very funny, a lot of the humor is crude or rude in some way and it has the potential of offending people.

I found the movie to be really funny and entertaining even though it could have been more original.  There are a lot of similarities with Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.  I even seen a few with National Lampoon's Vacation.  Despite that, I still think this movie is very entertaining and worth watching.  There is enough different going on so it isn't like the movie is exactly like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.  Peter and Ethan are extremely different, so it makes sense for there to be conflicts between them.  Those conflicts lead to a lot of funny scenes.  A lot of the funnier moments were in the trailers, but there are also some funny things that weren't in the trailers.  The plot isn't that complex, but it still manages to be entertaining.

Both the main characters have flaws, so that does make them more believable.  Ethan is nice and he tries so hard to be liked, but it is understandable why Peter gets so irritated with him.  I love Robert Downey Jr. and Zack Galifianakis in the parts.  They have a good dynamic between them.

Due Date isn't for everyone, but it is really funny and entertaining.  I think it is worth watching, though I could see some people getting offended by it.

I did get a longer review posted on Epinions after seeing it in the theater.

Due Date

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Due Date
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:22:01 PM »
I just read this on your blog, very good.  :D

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Due Date
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 11:25:32 PM »
Thank you :)