Author Topic: Harry Potter: Years 1-6 on Blu ray - $39.99 @ Amazon  (Read 1398 times)

hal9g

Harry Potter: Years 1-6 on Blu ray - $39.99 @ Amazon
« on: November 23, 2010, 03:48:46 PM »
Today only.

HERE

Najemikon

Re: Harry Potter: Years 1-6 on Blu ray - $39.99 @ Amazon
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »
For those in the UK, I have noticed decent prices for this here too. £17.99 for DVD and £24.99 for Blu-Ray here: http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=harry+potter+box+set&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:53:43 PM »
I recently got the Ultimate Editions on Blu from the Warner Brothers site for $24.99 each.  Because I'm a member of something - some rewards thing..can't remember the exact name - I got a discount to lower them down to $24.99.  There were links around the site saying that anyone who signed up could get the discount on the Ultimate Editions.

I do think the Ultimate Editions are definitely worth getting.  Loads of extra goodies.

Here's the main site page...25% off when you join.  Plus you get points that you can save up for ...well..something.  Not sure what right now. 

http://insiderrewards.warnerbros.com/?../../rewards/images/downloads/exclusive/wallpaper05_1024x768.jpg

Critter

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 12:57:35 PM »
I must say I'm interested in the ultimate editions, but I think I'm still just going to wait it out a while longer until all 8 films have been released, then see what kind of box set deals are made.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 01:06:07 PM »
The Ultimate Editions are definitely worth getting.  The extras are so interesting..all sorts of things on the making of the movies.  Including interviews from when the first movies were being filmed.  There have been little interview bits with Daniel, Rupert, and Emma done during the filming of all the movies through six...least from what I've seen so far.  I still have to watch the extra goodies on 3 and 4 that I just got.
Every set has a little book with all sorts of pictures from the making of the movie.

Oh...I also just got this book.  Harry Potter Film Wizardry.  All sorts of information about the making of the movies.  And there are replicas of some of the props.  Like the letter that Harry gets about being accepted to Hogwarts..the Marauder's Map...a flyer for Fred and George's store...the cover of the Advanced Potion book.  I love it.
And no one else is ever getting their mits on it. 

I'm a bit protective of my Potter paraphernalia.   :laugh:  But I know I'd be pissed if any of those replica things got damaged.  So I'm not sharing. 

Harry Potter Film Wizardry

Critter

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 01:08:58 PM »
That looks like a really cool book Marie, I'd really consider getting something like that in the future. Perhaps after Christmas as I usually always get Borders book vouchers at that time.

karmesinrot

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 02:53:18 PM »
Those Ultimate Editions look amazing..must resist!! I'm hoping they're going to release a really cool special edition once all 8 films have been released. £25 for 1-6 on Bluray is amazing though!  :o

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 10:38:36 PM »
It is a cool book.  I love it.  I'm working on a review to post on Epinions.  I'll share the link once I get it posted...I have to request that it be added to the database first.

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 10:25:32 PM »
Guys! Sorry I only just saw this if you want to take advantage, but Harry Potter 1-6 Blu-Ray at Play.com is just £16.99 for today only. :o

Technically that means you have until midnight at it's 21:25 now...  :whistle:

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/10852079/Harry-Potter-Complete-Box-Set-1-6/Product.html