Author Topic: Meaning of Your Avatar  (Read 7837 times)

Halo2

Re: Meaning of Your Avatar
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 03:53:56 PM »
Mine is from the Xbox game series Halo. I have the original drawing from the Bungie artist in my office. I used to provide tech support to the Bungie team and got to know most of them. I suck at playing the game and they used to enjoy ganging up on me in matches. But, when their computers broke, I was usually their best buddy.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »
Mine is pretty self-evident. Buster's the greatest comedian in film history.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 10:03:23 PM »
I do not change my avatar often. I have done so only a few times (I think twice) since I am member on this board.
My current one is one of my favorite characters from the anime series "Azumanga Daioh", though this series is full of fun characters.

Najemikon

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 10:07:07 PM »
Mine is a nod to the best game ever made in PC history. Gordon Freeman of Half-Life fame! I liked the cartoony version.

Speaking of which, I quite like this! Just what was going through Freeman's mind at the start of Half-Life? This is episode 2...  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
Speaking of which, I quite like this! Just what was going through Freeman's mind at the start of Half-Life? This is episode 2...  :laugh:
Those are awesome! Have you seen all? I have watched about 30 episodes and I believe they are still releasing them. I need to catch up again (it's on my feed, but occasionally I miss them, since machinima's channel is rather large...

Critter

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 02:10:08 PM »
Just had another change. I couldn't resist this beauty when I saw it on tumblr today.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 02:29:09 PM »
Mine is simply a picture of my daughter and I.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 08:37:17 PM »
I changed mine recently also, in sticking with my "films I like and there famous quotes theme" I went for Robocop and "id buy that for a dollar!!"

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 09:20:57 PM »
Decided it was time for a change.

I just joined a new forum where we've been discussing Film Noir in a marathon month called Noir-vember. The forum is part of the Filmspotting website. A lot of film bloggers reside there and if you like varied film discussions, you should check it out.

So back to the avatar...it's Robert Mitchum from the greatest Film Noir movie of all time, Out of the Past. If you ever wanted to learn about what makes a film a Noir, then watch this. It could be considered Noir-101.

Oh.. and the line below the avatar is one of the great movie quotes in cinema hiistory

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 11:47:31 PM »
My avatar is of Australian actor Bill Hunter. I made it from a screen shot off the Muriel's Wedding DVD.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 11:51:57 PM »
I just joined a new forum where we've been discussing Film Noir in a marathon month called Noir-vember. The forum is part of the Filmspotting website. A lot of film bloggers reside there and if you like varied film discussions, you should check it out.

I just signed up, it looks like a great forum.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 12:29:56 AM »
My avatar is of Australian actor Bill Hunter. I made it from a screen shot off the Muriel's Wedding DVD.

Nooooo!!!! You must make it from Strictly Ballroom, Australian Dancing Federation chairman Barry Fife says so. Don't you want to be a Pan-Pacific champion?

Critter

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 12:43:10 AM »
I haven't seen Strictly Ballroom  :bag:.

Or Muriels Wedding...
 :bag: :bag:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 12:48:36 AM »
As long as you've seen "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" and "Heaven's Burning" that's completely OK.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 12:49:10 AM »
I haven't seen Strictly Ballroom  :bag:.

Or Muriels Wedding...
 :bag: :bag:

Hunter was hilarious in SB, you really should see it.

Here's my review of it...