Author Topic: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2010  (Read 155078 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Month Long Horror/Halloween Marathon: 2010
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »
Looks like you will complete the watching of this this year :thumbup:
When I did recommand it to you? 2 or 3 years ago :headscratch:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »
I dunno... maybe I should save some of them for next year!  :tease:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »
Title: The Amityville Horror: Widescreen Special Edition
Year: 2005
Director: Andrew Douglas
Rating: R
Length: 89 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Ryan Reynolds
Melissa George
Jesse James
Jimmy Bennett
Chloë Grace Moretz
Rachel Nichols

Plot:
From Michael Bay, the producer of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, comes the true story of Amityville. In November 1974, a family of six was brutally murdered. Now, a year later, an unsuspecting young couple, George (Ryan Reynolds, Blade: Trinity, The In-Laws) and Kathy Lutz (Melissa George, TV's "Alias"), and their children move into the house that was the site of the horrific event and is now haunted by a murderous presence. What follows is 28 days of unimaginable terror. With demonic visions of the dead and relentless screams of terror, this is the haunted house story that isn't just a movie - it's real.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
When I first heard that they were remaking "The Amityville Horror" I was rather worried that they would not do the original justice... or that they would make the same mistake they made with the "Psycho" remake.. and make it a carbon copy of the original just changing the actors. But this remake... I must admit... was done in the right way... kept enough the same to pay homage to the original... but changed enough to make it it's own movie.

For the most part I do not like to compare a remake to the original... as I like to judge every movie on it's own as a stand alone movie. But this is hard sometimes... especially when I enjoy the original movie as much as I do "The Amityville Horror." In this case though... I really enjoyed this remake... possibly as much as I liked the original. I think they did a wonderful job with it... and I really enjoy the actors that took over... I am a fan of both Melissa George and Ryan Reynolds. This is one remake that is definitely worth giving a chance... I don't think you will be sorry.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 55
TV Ep. Count: 20
Other Count: 8 I Made It! (10/15)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »
Title: Leprechaun
Year: 1993
Director: Mark Jones
Rating: R
Length: 91 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: French, Spanish

Stars:
Warwick Davis
Jennifer Aniston
Ken Olandt
Mark Holton
Robert Hy Gorman
John Sanderford

Plot:
A horrific Leprechaun (Warwick Davis) goes on a rampage after his precious bag of gold coins is stolen. He uses all his magical destructive powers to trick, terrorize and kill everyone who is unlucky enough to hinder his relentless search. In a frantic attempt to survive the wrath of the Leprechaun, Tori (Jennifer Aniston) and her friends scramble to find the only weapon known to kill this Irish monster... a four leaf clover. However, until they discover a four leaf clover or return all the gold taken from the rainbow's end, their fairy tale nightmarehas only just begun.

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
It was fun seeing a young Jennifer Aniston (Friends) in this movie. Of course this more is done more for fun then horror... there is a load of comedy mixed in. But I definitely enjoy it for what it is. Not to mention Jennifer Aniston looked great in those tight shorts!

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 56
TV Ep. Count: 20
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2010, 09:03:02 PM »
NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service: The Sixth Season
NCIS: THE SIXTH SEASON finds the highly skilled NCIS team still under the able command of Special Agent Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), an uncompromising leader who will see justice done – even if it means bending the rules. This season, Gibbs welcomes new members to the unit, while directing the veteran agents in their dangerous investigations outside the chain of Naval and Marine command. Co-starring Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Cote de Pablo, and Rocky Carroll, this 6-disc set includes all 25 action-packed Season 6 episodes, along with high-caliber, behind-the-scenes special features.

Episode Watched:
MURDER 2.0
After a Navy Petty Officer is found murdered, Ducky's autopsy reveals that a deranged psychopath is taunting the NCIS team by leaving internet clues pointing to the identities of his next victims.

My Thoughts:
While this is a Halloween episode... Halloween is only mentioned in the show on a few occlusions.  But all the same it is still a very good episode I enjoyed quite a bit.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 21
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2010, 10:05:19 PM »
Smallville: The Complete Fifth Season
CLARK KENT now carries a full load of classes at Central Kansas U., but that's not all he carries. He carries the full weight of his - perhaps the world's - destiny. "We call this season 'Superman in Training'," series co-creator Alfred Gough says. "Clark is going to accept his destiny." During this exciting pivotal season: The Fortress of Solitude rises. Clark faces rogue KRYPTONIANS. LEX LUTHOR launches a vicious political campaign. The FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE rises. Clark's love for LANA LANG deepens, and he and LOIS LANE remain friendly adversaries. He also crosses paths with AC (aka AQUAMAN), VICTOR STONE (aka CYBORG) and the mysterious Milton Fine (aka Brainiac). A dark tragedy - one even Clark's powers can't prevent - strikes. These and more key elements of Superman lore fall into place. The future MAN OF STEEL grows another year bolder in this bonus-packed DELUXE 6-DISC DVD SET.

Episode Watched:
THIRST
More than a one-bite stand? Lana unwittingly becomes part of a Met U. sorority of vampires. One condition of her membership: She must bring Clark in for a bitefest! Chloe joins the DAILY PLANET.

My Thoughts:
I LOVE this one! As I am sure most people know... I love vampire movies/shows.... So having a vampire episode in Smallville is awesome! As much as I love vampires... it is even better that the vampires are cute (if not annoying) Sorority Girls. LOL  And I just had to laugh at Clark in that Zorro costume for the Halloween party at the sorority house.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 22
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2010, 11:44:50 PM »
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Second Season
THE CHOSEN ONE HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN...

Now you can own the entire second season of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. All 22 classic episodes are available for the first time in this exclusive 6-disc collector's edition. From "When She Was Bad," "Surprise" and "Innocence," to "Passion" and "Becoming, Part One" and "Becoming, Part Two," these Season Two episodes are a must for every true Buffy fan

Episode Watched:
Halloween
A mysterious man named Ethan uses a new Halloween costume shop to turn the citizens of Sunnydale into the costume they dress up as. When Spike finds out that Buffy will be vulnerable on Halloween night, he decides to take advantage of the situation and get her while she's down.

My Thoughts:
This is the first (of I believe 3) Halloween episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And it has always been one of my favorites. I really liked the storyline.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 23
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »
I just made it to the halfway mark for TV Episode! And I beat my top in Others today! :yahoo:

I also just did the math. For me to beat all my best totals.. I still need to average...

3 Movies
2 TV Eps.

..per day.

It is too early to say... but I think I might make it!  ;D
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2010, 06:01:29 AM »
As much as I love vampires... it is even better that the vampires are cute (if not annoying) Sorority Girls.
That is lucky then, since we all know how wrong things can go with Sorority Vampires ;) :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2010, 11:38:37 AM »
 :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2010, 01:58:24 PM »
Title: Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Legacy Collection
Year: 1954
Director: Jack Arnold
Rating: NR
Length: 79 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Richard Carlson
Julie Adams
Richard Denning
Antonio Moreno
Nestor Paiva
Whit Bissell

Plot:
Who knows what undiscovered life forms inhabit the bodies of water on our planet? When scientists exploring the Amazon River stumble on a “missing link” connecting humans and fish, they plan to capture it for later study. But the creature has plans of its own, inspired by the lead scientist’s (Richard Carlson) beautiful fiancée. Kay (Julie Adams). This classic thriller is a genuine tribute to imaginative storytelling and an exceptional showcase for the legendary makeup artistry of Bud Westmore.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Gallery

My Thoughts:
This is one I enjoyed very much. I thought the whole story was well done. It is one that kept my interest from the beginning to the end. I also really liked the look they gave Gill-Man... and enjoyed the underwater scenes quite a bit. I was just recently given Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Legacy Collection... and I must say I am not disappointed in the least. The quality is very good (at least on my standard 24in. TV)... and there is a nice selection of extras. This is my third time watching this movie... but I never seen any of the sequels so I am thrilled I finally have this legacy collection release.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 57
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »
Title: Revenge of the Creature: The Legacy Collection
Year: 1955
Director: Jack Arnold
Length: 82 Min.
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
John Agar
Lori Nelson
John Bromfield
Nestor Paiva
Grandon Rhodes
Dave Willock

Plot:
In this provocative follow-up to the original, the Creature (John Agar) has been captured by scientists who will stop at nothing to uncover his secrets. Miserable in captivity, the Creature finds only one source of sympathy – a beautiful female researcher (Lori Nelson). Soon he escapes and kidnaps her, determined to take her to his underwater lair. Acting legend Clint Eastwood’s first screen appearance is among the surprises found in this clever sequel, directed by the original’s Jack Arnold.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:
While I still enjoyed it... this one lost a little something for me by bringing the Gill-Man to civilization. Granted that if they didn't it would have basically been the same movie over again. I could be imagining things here... but it also seemed like we saw a bit less of the Gill-Man this time as well.  And the parts without him seemed slower to me. Maybe because I didn't care about the characters quite as much this time as I did the last time. But over-all it is still a good movie.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 58
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »
Title: The Creature Walks Among Us: The Legacy Collection
Year: 1956
Director: John Sherwood
Length: 78 Min.

Stars:
Jeff Morrow
Rex Reason
Leigh Snowden
Gregg Palmer
Maurice Manson
James Rawley

Plot:
Once again, scientists underestimate the Creature (Jeff Morrow), this time in a failed surgical attempt to transform him from a mutant into a human. Being able to live on land is not enough to make the Creature comfortable with humans. Enraged, he turns his wrath on anyone who comes near as he desperately tries to return to the deep-water world where he truly belongs. Highlighted by the original’s eerie underwater photography and distinctive makeup, the film is an enduring tribute to the series’ inventive creators.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:
The first thing I did when I went to watch this one (as I do with all movies I never seen before) is watch the trailer. And I must admit... the trailer really had me worried. First they take him out of the lagoon into civilization... and then they take him completely out of the water? Thankfully it wasn't as bad as I was expecting... but still not as good as the first movie. I would say I enjoyed this one about as much as the second movie.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
Movie Count: 59
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2010, 09:31:18 PM »
Supernatural: The Complete Fourth Season
RESURRECTION. AFTER ENDURING UNSPEAKABLE TORTURE, DEAN ESCAPES FROM HELL, rescued by an all-powerful creature he's never seen before: an Angel. This warrior of God who recruits Sam and Dean in Heaven's battle against Hell, amid whispers that a certain Fallen Angel will soon be freed from his prison deep in Hell: Lucifer. If Sam and Dean can't stop it – if Lucifer walks free – he'll bring on the Apocalypse. Meanwhile, the Winchester brothers reunite and hit the road, battling the supernatural wherever they go. They encounter demons, spirits, Dracula himself and even a drunk, heavily armed 7-foot-tall teddy bear. All the while, the ultimate war draws them into its horror throughout this enthralling 6-Disc, 22-Episode Season Four. Caught between Heaven and Hell, between God and the Devil, the Winchester brothers must battle for the future of humankind.

Episodes Watched:
YELLOW FEVER
Hell beckons again when Dean is stricken with a mysterious illness that frightens its sufferers to death. Sam and Dean scramble to find the cause of the disease in time to save Dean from sure death.

My Thoughts:
This one is a decent ghost story... but not the best I ever seen on the show. It was entertaining to see Dean afraid of every little thing for a while... but it tended to get old after a bit. The episode is definitely worth watching though.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

IT’S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, SAM WINCHESTER
Chomping candy, bobbing for apples. Halloween is such fun. Until gruesome deaths signify another seal is being broken. To stop it, Castiel and another angel plan a mass annihilation of the town.

My Thoughts:
A Supernatural Halloween. Of course you take the Halloween surroundings away from the storyline and you have business as usual for this show. It is a good, strong episode... though I wouldn't say it is the best I ever seen. O a, not particularly big on storylines about witches anyway. I can take them or leave them type of thing.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 25
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2010, 12:39:25 AM »
Tales from the Darkside: The First Season
Tales from the Darkside, the uniquely terrifying, frighteningly popular horror anthology series, is back. Packed with haunting stories that at first light appear to be about normal situations, these tales are gradually twisted until they become something sinister, shocking and totally unsettling.

Revealing the dark underworld of our everyday existence, Tales from the Darkside includes stories penned by masters of horror, with unforgettable performances by some of Hollywood's finest stars.

Dark, scary and with a bizarre sense of justice, all 24 episodes of Tales from the Darkside's spine-tingling first season will capture your imagination...and never let it go.

Episodes Watched:
A CASE OF THE STUBBORNS
Hell beckons again when Dean is stricken with a mysterious illness that frightens its sufferers to death. Sam and Dean scramble to find the cause of the disease in time to save Dean from sure death.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. It is a good mixture of comedy in this one.... though most of the episodes of this series seems to be. The reverend in this one looked familiar... but I just couldn't place him while watching. Then when the credits ran it was obvious. It was Brent Spinner (Data on Star Trek: TNG).

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

DJINN, NO CHASER
An unfriendly genie stuck in a magic lamp refuses to grant wishes and instead terrorizes a couple...until the wife discovers the most unlikely solution.

My Thoughts:
This one didn't thrill me all that much... it was more silly then anything. To the point of being ridiculous.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

ALL A CLONE BY THE TELEPHONE
A magical answering machine helps a luckless TV writer discover new material. But soon the scribe finds the machine is taking over his life.

My Thoughts:
This one I liked a little better then the previous one... but it still wasn't what I would call great... and found to be more on the silly side then anything.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

IN THE CARDS
A cursed deck of cards proves to be a deadly gamble for a fake fortune-teller doing predictions. Still not quite as good as the first one I watched today though.

My Thoughts:
This one is pretty good... it has good atmosphere and is done well.

My Rating
Out of a Possible 5

Count:
TV Ep. Count: 29
Pete