Author Topic: Bones Episode Reviews  (Read 32374 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Bones Episode Reviews
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »
Bones: Season 5

19. The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle
Air Date: 4/29/10
When the body of a wealthy thrill-seeker turns up in a hotel laundry machine, Booth and Brennan trace his history to a rock 'n' roll fantasy camp, while Hodgins, Angela and an intern find a link to suspects.

Guest Stars:
Josh Todd as Erik Dalton
Pej Vahdat as Arastoo Vaziri
Elon Gold as Dr. Paul Lidner
Tiffany Hines as Michelle Welton
Molly Morgan as Bebe
John Wynn as Gino

My Thoughts:
A decent episode... but a little too music oriented. So that took away from it a little for me. Since I don't see the same in music that most people do... the motive for murder just didn't make much sense to me. But that is ok. I was still able to enjoy it to a point for what it is... an episode of Bones.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »

20. The Witch in the Wardrobe
Air Date: 5/06/10
The discovery of two slain women – one from present day and the other from the late 1600s – prompts a modern day witch hunt. Meanwhile, Hodgins and Angela spend some quality time together in jail.

Guest Stars:
Eugene Byrd as Clark Edison
Jillian Bach as Ember
Kate Vernon as Rowan
William Stanford Davis as Floyd Barber
Joel Polis as Mario Trivisonno
Peter Holden as Jesse Byrd

My Thoughts:
Loved every minute of this one. The story involves witches... so being the fan of anything even slightly horror related this one really peaks my interest. So it has a good murder case storyline... and the side story was equally as good. Placing Angela and Hodgins together for a long period of time alone. Making them face what they been to and what they mean to each other. Needless to say they are finally back together.... as I think they should have been the entire time. With only 1 more disc with two more episodes left in this season I am thinking I may as well continue on to the next disc and get it all watched.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »

21. The Boy with the Answers
Air Date: 5/13/10
Forced to stand as an expert witness in a trial against a federal prosecutor believed to be the notorious Gravedigger killer, Brennan finds her emotional limits — she's a scientist, not a criminologist.

Guest Stars:
Ryan O'Neal as Max Keenan
Patricia Belcher as Caroline Julian
Deirdre Lovejoy as Heather Taffet
H. Richard Greene as Judge Dufrey
Dave Allen Clark as Newscaster

My Thoughts:
A good... but not great episode. For a change this episode occurs mostly in the courtroom.  Trying to give all the characters closure after what happened with them by the hands of The Gravedigger. Which it did fine. But the change in this episode felt a little... I don't know... weird to me. Not saying a bad weird. Just a different weird.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2011, 09:28:14 PM »

22. The Beginning in the End
Air Date: 5/20/10
An antique Christmas gnome gives a clue about the death of a hoarder. Meanwhile, Booth is recruited to rejoin the Army and Brennan is invited to head a breakthrough study in the Maluku Islands.

Guest Stars:
Patricia Belcher as Caroline Julian
Carla Gallo as Daisy Wick
Billy F. Gibbons as Angela's Dad
Scott Atkinson as Morgan Finley
Deidrie Henry as Elaine Akusta
Reginald Ballard as Rocky DeKnight

My Thoughts:
This is the season five finale. A good episode. But one that feels more like a series finale then a season finale. I am guessing they weren't sure at the time if there would be a sixth season... so wanted to play it safe. The murder case they worked on was average at best... but I did like all the side stories of all the characters lives and what they were leaving to do... this I enjoyed quite a bit. Now I can't wait to get and re-watch the sixth season!

My Rating:
Pete