Author Topic: DCO fourth Alphabet Marathon - discussion/review/banter thread  (Read 72847 times)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DCO fourth Alphabet Marathon - discussion/review/banter thread
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »
The General

snowcat

« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2010, 05:58:08 PM »
I hope to get home soon and watch a film  :bag: i hope I finish my marathon.... its starting to look like I wont... stupid busy time!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »
Oh no, it happened again :weep:

Thought I gain some ground ealry on and watched two movies today, only to find out I aready had one for C before. :slaphead: Well, maybe I'll move Carnival of Souls to "S" instead. :hmmmm:

Carnival of Souls, recommended by Pete, was a surprise in that I expected a period piece and got a contemporary film instead. While the pacing drags a little in some spots, in overall a very entertaining movie with good dialog and an interesting story.

Also watched Vigilante, which came recommended by Jimmy, and was surprised that it was not quite what I expected (in a good way). A rather angry film.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
The Taking of Pelham 123 (1974), you know, the good one. ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:45:57 PM by Antares »

Najemikon

« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2010, 08:42:49 PM »
I love that film! :clap: By the way, we were discussing Night of The Hunter in my thread; haven't you reviewed it as well? I could have sworn I'd read something of yours before, but I couldn't find it. Am I going mad? I don't think it's indexed, if it does exist.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »
I love that film! :clap: By the way, we were discussing Night of The Hunter in my thread; haven't you reviewed it as well? I could have sworn I'd read something of yours before, but I couldn't find it. Am I going mad? I don't think it's indexed, if it does exist.

Nope, haven't reviewed it.

But I'm going to write one for The Taking of Pelham 123. One of the better films of 1974.

And by the way, we're going to see how well you know that film and the remake in the trivia game.  ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »

Nope, haven't reviewed it.

But I'm going to write one for The Taking of Pelham 123. One of the better films of 1974.

And by the way, we're going to see how well you know that film and the remake in the trivia game.  ;)

and the remake is a concern. I've seen it, but put a great deal of effort into forgetting it again!  :yucky:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »
Also watched Vigilante, which came recommended by Jimmy, and was surprised that it was not quite what I expected (in a good way). A rather angry film.
Glad you like it ;D
See guys what I mean when I say that my taste are for everyone who like movies ;)

snowcat

« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2010, 08:49:22 PM »
..... I am so glad I let the guy I was on a date with force me to watch the remake of Pelham 123   :tease:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »
..... I am so glad I let the guy I was on a date with force me to watch the remake of Pelham 123   :tease:

Have you seen the original?

snowcat

« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2010, 08:59:58 PM »

Have you seen the original?

Yeah, but it was a long time ago, at school when I was about 12 I think :S

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2010, 09:12:46 PM »
#, A to D done
E done - Eastern Promises, 21 to go

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

snowcat

« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2010, 09:13:40 PM »
Currently watching: American History X

:/ Im very far behind on reviews... ill catch up

Rogmeister

« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2010, 10:15:57 PM »
I am, too...I've only seen 2 films so far.  It's too hot to watch TV...it's something like 95 degrees Fahrenheit right now.  But I'm not giving up.  I'll watch at least one film tonight, maybe two if I'm feeling ambitious.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2010, 11:52:18 PM »
Oh no, it happened again :weep:

Thought I gain some ground ealry on and watched two movies today, only to find out I aready had one for C before. :slaphead: Well, maybe I'll move Carnival of Souls to "S" instead. :hmmmm:

I just noticed that it almost would have happened to me today, too. I already had my hands on "Astronaut Farmer" to watch for my "A" tonight thinking it was still open. But at the last moment I changed my mind and decided to watch "Vivah". And just now when I was updating my list I noticed that I already watched a movie for "A".