Author Topic: Music Magpie  (Read 1754 times)

samuelrichardscott

Music Magpie
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:47:04 PM »
Anyone sold anything to them before? Thoughts? Read mixed things but all seem to be because it takes 3-4 weeks to get your cheque.

They offer literally nothing on items but I came across a few PS2 games today (12) in a box in the garage and because CeX only offer pennies on each one and Amazon/Playtrade/eBay will net me bugger all once fees and farting about posting everything came into play I thought why not. Music Magpie are only giving me £0.50 for each (pretty much all old sports titles like FIFA 2004) but it's free top post them your items and I fairly hassle free. £6 and all I did was reuse a jiffy bag. Again, they are no good for items that you'll get an OK price for on ebay/play/amazon but good for items that will leave you with nothing after fees on those sites.

Music Magpie actually sell on those sites as zoverstocks and just as a side note, offer 1/3 of the lowest amazon/play price on dvd's and cd's (30p minimum per item) and 1/2 of the lowest prices on games (50p minimum). They will usually equate to being a bad idea but on this occassion for me, more worthwhile than other routes because of what the items are.

Najemikon

Re: Music Magpie
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »
Bear in mind that's the rate Blockbuster would give you, but otherwise, I'll look them up.

samuelrichardscott

Re: Music Magpie
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »
Just got back from 3 weeks away and both cheques have arrived. :thumbup: