Author Topic: phpdvdprofiler  (Read 63458 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: phpdvdprofiler
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 11:17:50 AM »
I see your website and banner again.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2010, 11:18:06 AM »
I got it back.  I had a bad copy of my localconfig file - I don't know why I still had it.  Anyway, I uploaded the wrong one.  
I still had a good copy that worked..but it took me a little while to find it.  And to realize what I'd done.

I unpacked that jgraph thing, but I didn't see anything that looked like a directory called jgraph in it.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2010, 11:23:34 AM »
I wanted to say that I do appreciate you both trying to help me with this.

When it comes to computer programing and code and all that, I have no idea what I'm doing.  It took me ages to figure out how to put links in my reviews at Epinions...and when the way we post reviews changed a bit and that changed..it took me days to get it straight again.

I hope you didn't think my frustration was with you.  It wasn't.  It was just with me screwing something up again after it had taken me so long to get the banner to show in the first place.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2010, 11:24:40 AM »
OK, another question: Do you know what PHP version your provider has? PHP 4 or PHP 5?

if not, you can find it out this way. Create a new file with notepad that contains:

Code: [Select]
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Save it as phpinfo.php and upload it.

When you call it, it'll show your setting.

Then you need to download the correct version of JPGraph from here: http://jpgraph.net/download/

When you have unzipped it, you need to upload the content of the "src" directory into your online "jpgraph" directory.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 11:27:21 AM »
The php is 5.2.13

I saw the src directory in there.

I just don't have an online jpgraph directory.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 11:54:12 AM »
I made a jgraph folder or directory or whatever and uploaded the contents of the src file into that.

$usejpgraph      = true;
$jpgraphlocation   = '/jpgraph';

I have that in the localconfig file.

I think I'm done trying to figure this out now.  I'll probably screw something up again if I keep trying.

I do really appreciate the help from everyone who has tried to help me with this.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:57:32 AM by Dragonfire »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
I see your config says now COMIC.ttf.

Did you want to take Comic Sans MS?

Please try the following

Online: Open the jpgraph directory. Create one called "fonts". Open it. Create one called "truetype".

Then download this file, unzip it and upload its content in the truetype directory: http://home.arcor.de/djdoena/upload/fonts.zip

Then modify your localsiteconfig.php to the exact spelling of the file (lower/upper case), in this case comic.ttf
Karsten

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »
Well I feel like an idiot now. 

:hysterical:

This entire thread, and ones like it, always make me feel like an idiot. I have no idea what any of you are talking about. It's exactly like reading a foreign language to me. I don't understand what all that data you are flinging about means or where it goes! :stars:

And for those of you who would try and help me, you would have to come to Buffalo and show me. I learn by doing, not reading.

Offline FredLooks

• phpDVDProfiler Moderator
  • Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fred's Home Site
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2010, 05:15:56 PM »
OK, a few comments.

The problem that you are having is that the php system on your host does not know where to find the fonts. You have installed jpgraph, but the installation package does not appear to have the fonts directory either.

You will need to find the font that you wish to use (the default is arial.ttf and I think that you had wanted to use comic.ttf) on your windows machine -- it should be in the windows\fonts directory.
You need to put it onto your webserver into a directory named fonts/truetype under your jpgraph directory. You will have to create these directories on the webserver.

So you would have phpdvdprofiler/jpgraph/fonts/truetype/arial.ttf

Note that your provider is a Unix machine, and that filenames are case-sensitive (so COMIC.ttf would be a different file than comic.ttf)

In your localsiteconfig.php file you would need to set $jpgraphlocation = "jpgraph/"; which specifies a path relative to your phpdvdprofiler directory. A leading "/" in that variable would turn it into an absolute path and you don't know what the absolute path should be, although certainly not "/jpgraph". This variable needs to end with a trailing slash as a separator indicated.

This should allow the text to be shown on your image, although jpgraph will still not work, as it needs to be configured on your machine (I think, anyway).

Sorry you're having trouble with this - the fonts bit is definitely one of the things that is hard to get just right ...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2010, 05:21:06 PM »
I can understand you Kathy, Eric did most of the works with me when I set mine and I was lucky since we speak the same language (technical terms aren't always easy to translate). Setting phpdvdprofiler on a server isn't the hardest part, setting rsync for the update is...

Karsten maybe I'm wrong but I think that sometimes jpgraph doesn't work and a special thing had to be done to made it work. I know that Eric did something with mine because the graphic wasn't showing also in my stats (sorry if it's really vague, but I've no clue about what he did) :shrug:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2010, 05:37:12 PM »
"rsync" - is that a new boy band? :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2010, 09:02:19 PM »
Karsten maybe I'm wrong but I think that sometimes jpgraph doesn't work and a special thing had to be done to made it work. I know that Eric did something with mine because the graphic wasn't showing also in my stats (sorry if it's really vague, but I've no clue about what he did) :shrug:

I only installed it once until it worked. I don't have much experience with jpgraph either, sorry.
Karsten

kahless

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 09:25:24 PM »
"rsync" - is that a new boy band? :laugh:

Maybe the successors of nsync!  :hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2010, 09:29:56 PM »
I just thought I would try changing the font just to see to see if that would work.

I'll try that with the adding the font directory.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2010, 09:58:15 PM »
It works it works it works!!!!   :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you so much. 

Woohooo

:yahoo: :dance: :yahoo: :dance: :yahoo: :dance:  :yahoo: :dance: :yahoo: :dance: