Author Topic: KinkyCyborg's Random Reviews 2010  (Read 315293 times)

KinkyCyborg

Re: KinkyCyborg's Random Reviews 2010
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 12:32:21 PM »
Sorry to offend Jimmy.  :-[ But I still have to disagree. I made no reference to her beauty or face... it is the weight, in which she has packed a LOT of it on I was referring to, hence the 'letting themselves go' comment. Sophia Loren is now 76 years old and has still managed to retain her elegant grace, beauty and style without the additional pounds that you would suggest comes with age. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. Again, sorry for thinking I was entitled to an opinion.  :(

KC

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »
Don't take it that way KC :laugh:
It's the way I wrote, any long time members or people knowing me in real life would told you so.
No offense intended in what I wrote and off course you are entitled to an opinion ;)

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 09:54:04 PM »
Ok, I'm glad to hear it!  :) After seeing how some people are jumped on in the ahem... 'other forum' I guess I've been kind of walking on eggshells. That and being new to the forum here I'm still getting to know everyone. It's all good!  :thumbup:

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2010, 12:49:57 AM »
Back to our regularly scheduled program....

Title:The Mist
Year: 2007
Director: Frank Darabont
Rating: 16+
Length: 126 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Finnish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Thomas Jane
Marcia Gay Harden
Laurie Holden
Andre Braugher
Toby Jones

Plot:
'FROM LEGENDARY FRIGHTMASTER STEPHEN KING' and Academy Award® nominated director Frank Darabont* ('The Shawshank Redemption', 'The Green Mile') comes one of the most tense and terrifying films since 'The Shining'. After a mysterious mist envelops a small New England town, a group of locals trapped in a supermarket must battle a siege of otherworldly creatures...and the fears that threaten to tear them apart. Starring Thomas Jane ('The Punisher') and Oscar® winner Marcia Gay Harden** ('Mystic River') in one of the year's most talked-about performances, 'The Mist' "is not only one of the best movies of 2007, it's one of the best horror movies ever made. Period." (Maryann Johanson, 'The Flick Filosopher')

*2000 Best Picture and Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published, 'The Green Mile.' 1995 Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium, 'The Shawshank Redemption'.
**2001 Best Actress in a Supporting Role, 'Pollock'.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes

My Thoughts:

Very enjoyable. Some people at work blabbed the ending quite some time ago so the ending wasn't a shock... but it would have been. It was also a different, and better IMO, ending than the book.

Marcia Gay Harden's brilliant performance as the doomsday zealot made this movie worth watching alone. Her character was far scarier than the nasties outside.

The anguish at the end was very real.... choosing wrong can cost so much.

KC

Rating:

Najemikon

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 01:14:42 AM »
Oh... dear. He mentioned the bloody ending. Here we go again! :training:

I agree with you, KC, but I know someone who doesn't. Look up the other reviews and you'll see what I mean... :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2010, 06:30:29 AM »
 :-X

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2010, 08:39:07 AM »
I agree with you, KC, but I know someone who doesn't. Look up the other reviews and you'll see what I mean... :laugh:
:P
I let it pass this time :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2010, 08:43:31 AM »
The ending does fit for the movie...though it is rather depressing.  I definitely didn't see it coming.  I'm still not sure exactly what I think of the movie overall though.   :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 09:45:12 PM »
Marie! Shush! He said he'd let it pass! Don't tug on the tigers tail...  :fingerchew:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2010, 11:17:04 PM »
I enjoyed the movie too. :) of course I couldn't compare with the book.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2010, 11:25:52 PM »
Have you been reading the second Hitchcock thread I started, Pete? We went off at a slight tangent on James Stewart and Antares suggested you would like Harvey. Have you seen it? I think it would be up your street.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »
Have you been reading the second Hitchcock thread I started, Pete? We went off at a slight tangent on James Stewart and Antares suggested you would like Harvey. Have you seen it? I think it would be up your street.

Definitely a film you would enjoy Pete.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2010, 11:31:08 PM »
Marie! Shush! He said he'd let it pass! Don't tug on the tigers tail...  :fingerchew:

:laugh:

I barely said anything about it. :p

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2010, 11:31:51 PM »
I am a bit behind on that thread... and Thanks for the suggestion. No I never seen that one.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:23 AM »
Should I intervene?  :hmmmm:

No, not this time :laugh: