Author Topic: Tom's Random Reviews  (Read 792453 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Tom's Random Reviews
« Reply #1110 on: March 24, 2022, 08:49:07 AM »

Title: WeiƟblaue Geschichten
This set includes 18 of the produced 22 episodes which star Gustl Bayrhammer. For unexplained reasons, four episodes are not included. Sadly one of those is an episode which did leave a lasting impression with me. At least I think it was from this series. It was an episode guest-starring G.G. Hoffmann (the German voice of Captain Kirk and early Sean Connery)

It has been 12 years and I finally got the missing episode :)
Recently I found out by chance, that there is now a second volume of this anthology series, which includes the 4 episodes they had skipped in the first volume. And my memory served me right. the episode guest starred G.G. Hoffmann. Though I never found any hints on the internet that he was ever involved in the series. Nowhere this information can be found. But I recognized his voice immediately and the end credits confirmed it :)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Tom's Random Reviews
« Reply #1111 on: October 28, 2022, 09:21:43 AM »
     Death Note: TV Drama: The Complete Collection (2015/Japan)
IMDb | Wikipedia

(Germany)

I am fan of the Death Note series. I have read and enjoyed the manga series. Seen the anime adaption. I am a big fan of the 2006 movie adaption.
This 2015 TV series is a retelling. Quality wise it is similar to the 2006 movie. It very much reminded me of it. From the actors to the sets. At first it seemed they are following the same path, but very early on you notice changes in the characters. A lot of the plans that Light has in the manga/movies, he also has here, but somehow they all seem to fail and he has to find new solutions to get out of his troubles. So even if you know the story, this series is worth a watch. I really enjoyed it from beginning to end.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:24:35 AM by Tom »