Author Topic: Tom's Time-Travel Movie Reviews  (Read 135512 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Tom's Time-Travel Movie Reviews
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2023, 03:31:36 PM »
Would you belive I never seen any of the Bill and Ted movies?  :whistle:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2023, 04:11:34 PM »
Would you belive I never seen any of the Bill and Ted movies?  :whistle:
Because of the premise about music? Then you shouldn't avoid it. It can be enjoyed even if the protagonists want to be successful as musicians.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2023, 09:54:17 PM »
nope.... just never got around to them.... I have them all on digital download.  Roommate has the blu rays and we share the Vudu for the digital downloads. So I have access to them all.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2023, 07:49:38 AM »
     The Flash (2023/United Kingdom/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (Germany)
Director:Andy Muschietti
Writing:Christina Hodson (Writer)
Length:144 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.39
Audio:German: Dolby Atmos 3D, English: Dolby Atmos 3D, German: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles:English, German

Stars:
Ezra Miller as Barry Allen (The Flash)
Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne (Batman)
Sasha Calle as Kara Zor-El (Supergirl)
Ron Livingston as Henry Allen
Maribel Verdú as Nora Allen

Plot:
Flash benutzt seine Superkräfte, um in der Zeit zurückzureisen und die Ereignisse der Vergangenheit zu verändern. Als er jedoch bei dem Versuch, seine Familie zu retten, versehentlich die Zukunft verändert, wird er in einer Realität gefangen, in der General Zod zurückgekehrt ist. Da es keine anderen Superhelden gibt, an die er sich wenden kann, versucht Flash, einen ganz anderen Batman aus dem Ruhestand zu holen und einen gefangenen Kryptonier zu retten - wenn auch nicht den, nach dem er sucht.
Dabei verändert er versehentlich die Zukunft. Wird das ultimative Opfer ausreichen, um das UNiversum wieder in Ordnung zu bringen?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • Original des scripted Story Podcasts 'The Flash: Escape the Midnight Circus'.

My Thoughts:
Even though I am not a big fan of Ezra Miller's Flash, I was excited for this Flash movie since it was announced. And that the topic is the Flashpoint storyline. Then when other movies in the "Snyderverse" failed, I feared that it will be cancelled. Luckily it was not. And when even the new DC movie head James Gunn, who wants the movies abondon the Snyderverse and start fresh, said that the movie will come (even with all the bad press that Ezra Miller caused) and that cut of the movie he saw is really great, I got my hopes up high. But then it flopped at the cinema and the reviews were rather mixed.
Still I had hopes for it. I my expectations were met. I really liked this movie. I think it may even the best one of the DCEU movies. Maybe even better than Wonder Woman and the first Shazam. I was spoiled for most of the surprise cameos, but I was suprised that Ezra Miller had a dual role of playing two Flashs. Our Flash and a younger vesion of him from an alternate timeline. And that they share screentime most of the time. Really done well and really great acting by Ezra.
Now I am sad, that it flopped and we probably will not see another Flash movie. But it was a great conclusion for the Snyderverse, even though two movies come after it.

Rating:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 02:01:13 PM by Tom »