Author Topic: August Marathon: Letterboxd Scavangerhunt  (Read 1028 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
August Marathon: Letterboxd Scavangerhunt
« on: July 23, 2023, 06:36:13 AM »
Letterboxd Scavanger Hunt

This month Iwill be doing the Letterboxd Scavengerhunt hosted by the user named preisman Below is the propts... 1 prompt per day of the month... that I have to watch though  I can watch as fast as I like. That is if I can watch them all before the month is over. Wish me luck!

Prompts:
1. My first Scavenger Hunt was #41 way back in 2018. It was one of the main reason I joined Letterboxd. And a reason I keep coming back. I only reached 13 out of 30 films for my first try. And I really want to finally complete the challenge.
Watch a movie from your FIRST Scavenger Hunt

2. If there is one great thing about the Letterboxd Scavenger Hunt is finding new and interesting movies. Sadly, I can't get around to watching every movie in my lists. I average about 8 movies from a Scavenger Hunt each month. The most interesting films get added to my Watchlist. I also fail to make any serious progress watching those movies. HELP!
Watch a movie from my Watchlist

3. Raise Hell Praise Dale
Watch 3: The Dale Earnhardt Story or any movie about auto racing

4. By the way, I'm Jon.
Watch a movie from a director named John, Jon, Juan, Jean, or any other iteration I don't know about

5. Big fan of Arrow Films and have started a nice collection over the past couple of years.
Watch a film released by Arrow Films

6. Also a big fan of Criterion Collection and have a fun little collection.
Watch a film from the Criterion Collection

7. I love cars; old, new, slow, fast. I don't care. Last year I bought my dream car, the Jensen Interceptor. Massive life goal completed. Don't know what it is, I can help.
Watch a movie that features the Jensen Interceptor

8. I need more help. I created an ever-evolving list of the most popular films I have not seen by year.
Watch the most popular movies I have not seen by year

9. I do not give 5 star ratings out often. If I have, I consider them very special to me in some way. Or they are so bonkers I can't help but love them. It's not usually because they are perfect films.
Watch one of my 5 STAR rated movies

10. Ten out of 10, would recommend
Watch a movie you would recommend to anyone, everyone, and ME. I will try to watch it. Or I would at least add it to my watchlist for a later date. If I have seen it, then it must be worth watching it again. Cheers!

11. I am born and raised in Florida. It is home. It is a great place. And at times it can be terrible. But, it does bring me joy and I love seeing Florida in film.
Watch a movie that takes place in Florida

12. Do people still go to the movies?
Watch a movie in theaters

13. Dead Center (well nearly)
Watch a movie with a mostly BLACK poster

14. I joined Letterboxd in 2018 and went nuts. Over 500 movies, films, shorts...
Watch a movie I watched in 2018

15. I joined the Air Force 19 years ago and I'm getting close to retiring. I can't explain how positive the experience has been. I'll leave the service a far better person than when I joined.
Watch a positive military movie. It doesn't need to be pro-military, just something that entertaining, exciting, funny, whatver...

16. Also, Air Force
Watch a movie that takes place on a plane

17. One more, retiring. I'm too old for this shit.
Watch a Lethal Weapon movie

18. Back to Letterboxd. The world map is addictive. I have been trying to fill my map for some time now. I think I am close and hope to finish it this year.
Watch a movie from a country you have not seen a movie from

19. Speaking of countries. I used to live in Australia for a few years. Absolutely loved it.
Watch an Australian film

20. Remember when I had you watch a movie I gave 5 stars. Well....
Watch a movie I gave 1 star

21. I love seeing what everyone else is watching. Truly eye-opening.
Watch the most recent watched film from someone you follow.

22. Soundtracks can make or break a movie.
Watch a movie with a killer soundtrack!

23. This one is easy
Watch a film from 2023

24. What more is there to know about me worth talking about? Oh yeah, I am married!
Watch a movie starring someone named Jamie, Jami, Jayme, Jammie, or any other iteration of the name

25. I also have a cat and her name is Karate Kat
Watch a martial-arts film

26. August usually means summer barbeques or vacations or break from school. It was fun enjoying winter in Australia when I lived there.
Watch a winter movie if you are in the northern hemisphere or a summer movie if you are in the southern hemisphere

27. James Bond is the greatest movie series ever. It has oddly influenced a few things in my life like traveling the world.
Watch a movie set in a location you would love to visit

28. I love to run! I love to run for a long time. And I love to run every where I go. I totally understand why Tom Cruise runs in all his movies. I actually love doing ultra marathons. I have a goal to complete my first 100 miler next year.
Watch a movie over 150 minutes

29. Alright, that took a while. Let's do a short film. Let's also cover my favorite YouTuber. Beau Miles runs, goes on adventures, is funny, enjoys the simple things, and makes amazing little films that I can't get enough of.
Watch a Beau Miles film. His stuff is all on YouTube.

30. Nicolas Cage
Watch a movie from Nicolas Cage

31. I love bad movies. I love exploitation films. B-Movies. All those weird, odd, and unusual movies we don't always talk about. This is a go-to list to help me find new "gems" that fill my hunger for shlock and cheese.
Watch a movie from Exploitation films, B-movie cheese, grindhouse trash, and other assorted cult cinema : A to Z
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 12:54:32 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: August Marathon: Letterboxd Scavangerhunt
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 09:24:13 PM »
     Lethal Weapon 4 (1998/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Richard Donner
Writing:Channing Gibson (Screenwriter), Jonathan Lemkin (Story By), Alfred Gough (Story By), Miles Millar (Story By), Shane Black (Original Characters By)
Length:127 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Czech: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Polish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Russian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish

Stars:
Mel Gibson (1956) as Martin Riggs
Danny Glover as Roger Murtaugh
Joe Pesci as Leo Getz
Rene Russo as Lorna Cole
Chris Rock (1965) as Lee Butters

Plot:
Pure dynamite! The LETHAL WEAPON team has done it again, putting the match to the fuse and putting the WOW! back on screen for LETHAL WEAPON 4.

Mel Gibson and Danny Glover return as buddy cops Riggs and Murtaugh, with Joe Pesci riding comedy shotgun as chatterbox Leo. Murtaugh is still the family man. Riggs is still the gonzo loose cannon and – what's this? – family man. His will he/won't he marriage to Cole (Rene Russo) is one of the new wrinkles in this powerhouse crowd-pleaser that also stars comedy favorite Chris Rock and international action star Jet Li. Wedding bells, ammo shells, explosive laughter – this one's fully loaded!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

Scavenger Hunt 101
Task #17.

Watch a Lethal Weapon movie I really enjoyed this final chapter in the franchise. It is a very strong conclusion. In this one they added Chris Rock... who I am not a huge fan of but I really liked how they did his part of the story. And they also had Jet Lee who was just plain awesome. Lots of great action and lots of laughs. I highly recommend this entire franchise... Is a must see!
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 10:33:29 PM »
     The Longest Yard: Lockdown Edition (1974/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Paramount Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Robert Aldrich
Writing:Tracy Keenan Wynn (Screenwriter), Albert S. Ruddy (Original Material By)
Length:121 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Burt Reynolds as Paul Crewe
Eddie Albert as Warden Hazen
Ed Lauter as Captain Knauer
Michael Conrad as Nate Scarboro
James Hampton as Caretaker

Plot:
Burt Reynolds leads the downfield charge in this raucous, rough-and-tumble comedy-drama directed by Robert Aldrich (The Flight of the Phoenix, The Dirty Dozen). Reynolds plays one-time pro quarterback Paul Crewe, now behind bars for leading the state police on a wild chase in a "borrowed" car. Eddie Albert (Roman Holiday), in a sharp turn away from his "Green Acres" persona, is the sadistic, scheming warden who recruits Crewe to form a team of convicts to go up against the warden's polished, semi-pro team of prison guards in a championship game. Crewe has agreed that his team – dubbed the "Mean Machine" – will provide only passive resistance to the squad of brutal guards. But the gridiron showdown turns into a gritty game of cunning strategy and outright survival as the Mean Machine defies the warden's iron-fisted control and attempts to go the distance in The Longest Yard!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

Scavenger Hunt 101
Task #11.

Watch a movie that takes place in Florida I enjoyed this one. It was a lot a fun and had a few familar faces in it as well. Had some real characters for players and of course a real asshole of a warden. One thing I never could stand is a man that don't know how to keep his word. Film has plenty of laughs in it. Well worth the time put in to watch it.
Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 12:56:44 AM »
     The Meg (2018/United States)
Trailer |
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Jon Turteltaub
Writing:Dean Georgaris (Screenwriter), Jon Hoeber (Screenwriter), Erich Hoeber (Screenwriter), Steve Alten (Original Material By)
Length:113 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Atmos: 3D, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Jason Statham as Jonas Taylor
Li Bing Bing [li Bingbing] as Suyin
Rainn Wilson as Morris
Cliff Curtis as Mac
Winston Chao as Zhang

Plot:
When a massive creature attacks a submersible, the crew becomes trapped at the bottom of the Pacific's deepest trench. To save them from the clutches of the Megalodon – a prehistoric 75-foot shark once believed to be extinct – a visionary oceanographer (Winston Chao) recruits expert rescue diver Jonas Taylor (Jason Stratham). Teamed with the oceanographer's daughter, Suyin (Li Bingbing), Taylor must try to outwit the greatest predator alive…a killer he's faced once before.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

Scavenger Hunt 101
Task #4. By the way, I'm Jon. Watch a movie from a director named John, Jon, Juan, Jean, or any other iteration I don't know about

This one I enjoyed quite a bit! A great story with a good cast and effects. I really liked the look of the Megaladon. All the undersea visuals were great. Definitely a fun watch. This one is well worth the time put in to watch it.
Rating:
Pete