Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 248148 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #450 on: June 15, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »

The Best of the Match Game (Disc 4)
Get ready to match the stars...

...as we play everyone's favorite BIG MONEY NATCH GAME! On DVD for the first time ever, this is your chance to experience 30 of the greatest episodes of this iconic gameshow, uncut and beautifully transferred from their original masters.

As one of the most popular television game shows in the '70s and early '80s, watch the nostalgia masterpeice with a sharp fashion sense and a disco diva style. 'MATCH GAME' is a classic with a rich TV history watched by millions over it's broadcast lifetime and now fondly remembered as part of growing up around the TV set.

From your favorite stars, including 'MATCH GAME' perennials Brett Somers, Charles Nelson Reilly, Betty White and Richard Dawson to Gene Rayburn's custom microphone and crazy antics - this collection has it all! Enjoy hours of rare bonus material including the pilot episode of 1962's "The Match Game", a special tribute to Gene Rayburn, an exclusive interview with Brett Somers and much more!

My Thoughts:
This is the last disc in this best of set. I wasn't planning on watching this disc so soon after disc 3... but I did so for 2 reasons. First of all I found out from a friend on one of the yahoogroups I am on that disc 4 has had problems for a lot of people and I had to be sure it worked correctly. Luckily my disc worked perfectly. The other reason was because I realized that I originally got this set for Father's Day last year. And I had to get my Father's Day present watched before the next Father's Day! I got a bit of a kick out of one of the episodes on this disc... one of the guest stars was Debralee Scott (Welcome Back Kotter... Rosalie 'Hotsy' Totsy).... and she had the hots for one of the contestants. After winning him some money he went over to get a hug and kiss like they always do... and she was all over him... they had to block the camera's view... was a funny clip. A few minutes later she won him some more money... but this time they kept it at a normal peck... and Debralee acted  like she could faint over it. Makes me wonder what might have happened after the show!  :P
Pete

richierich

« Reply #451 on: June 15, 2009, 05:22:58 PM »
one of the guest stars was Debralee Scott (Welcome Back Kotter... Rosalie 'Hotsy' Totsy)....

Don't remember the game show obviously being in the UK, but I do remember Welcome Back, Kotter, with a young travolta as Vinnie. Loved the theme tune to this series as well, do you remember it?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 15, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »
Well... I will say I watched it all the time... and even have the best of DVD of Welcome Back Kotter. Here is the actress I was talking about.

...definitely cute in my book... it is a shame how she passed away... from wikipedia..

In 2001, her fiancé, Port Authority police officer John Dennis Levi, died during the 9/11 attacks. In March 2005, Scott moved from Brooklyn, New York to Amelia Island, Florida, to care for her ailing elder sister Carol Anne, a producer who worked on many Robert Altman films and who went by the name Scott "Scotty" Bushnell. Her other sister, Jerilynn Scott, is a talent manager in Los Angeles.

Soon after her arrival in Florida, she collapsed and lingered in a coma for several days. She woke up and when asked if she knew where she was, replied, "obviously in the hospital." Since doctors could not ascertain what caused the coma, she was released two days later (on April 2, her birthday), but her spirits remained high. Three days later, on April 5, 2005, she went to take a nap and never woke up. Despite an autopsy, the cause of death remained uncertain. Scott was cremated.[2] Her sister, Carol Anne, died of heart failure on July 13, 2006.

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 18, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »

Roseanne: Season 4 (Disc 1)
For the Conner household, it was the year of Lanford Custom Cycles and Rodbell’s Luncheonette, Roseanne’s breast reduction and bingo addiction, Becky’s birth control, Dan’s bowling team, Darlene in black, a Las Vegas wedding and even an alien abduction. There’s an unforgettable Halloween, an outrageous Thanksgiving, one very surprising mall Santa, a Mother’s Day surprise and much more, all in this classic season of the comedy series that changed television forever.

Episodes:
1. A Bitter Pill to Swallow
2. Take my Bike, Please
3. Why Jackie Becomes a Trucker
4. Darlene Fades To Black
5. Tolerate Thy Neighbor
6. Trick Me Up, Trick Me Down

My Thoughts:
I felt a little in the mood for this sitcom. So watched the first disc. All episodes were pretty good. But I especially liked A Bitter Pill to Swallow where Becky asks Roseanne to get her on the pill... and also really enjoyed (one of my favorite episodes) Trick ME Up, Trick Me Down... which is this year's Halloween episode.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 24, 2009, 12:31:12 AM »

The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season 1 (Disc 1)
Trip into the living room of comedy writer Rob Petrie (Dick Van Dyke) along with his lovely wife, Laura (Mary Tyler Moore), wisecracking co-workers and nutty neighbors. Winner of 15 Emmy® Awards, this groundbreaking series is consistently ranked among the top TV comedies of all time and renowned for its top-notch cast and stellar writing. Now enjoy the first season's entire 30 episodes, each digitally remastered to its original full-length version.

Get ready to laugh out loud with such classics as Rob and Laura balancing a career-building cocktail party with caring for a sickly son in the series' first episode, "The Sick Boy and the Sitter"; then in "My Blonde-Haired Brunette" an insecure Laura disastrously dyes her hair; and Rob's shy brother (Jerry Van Dyke) is a sleepwalking Jekyll-and-Hide in the hilarious two-parter "I Am My Brother's Keeper"/"The Sleeping Brother."

Episodes
1. The Sick Boy and the Sitter
2. The Meershatz Pipe
3. Jealousy!
4. Sally and the Lab Technician
5. Washington vs. the Bunny
6. Oh How We Met the Night That We Danced

My Thoughts:
Over at the Home Theater Forum someone did a review of the complete series of The Dick Van Dyke Show. After reading it I found myself in the mood to watch some of my collection. This is one funny classic show. It is a show that really stands the test of time. I even got my daughter hooked on it.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #455 on: June 24, 2009, 05:56:03 AM »
Oh I got hooked on this show when it was on Nick at Nite or TV Land.  I love it.  I'll probably end up getting it at some point. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 24, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »

NCIS: Season 2 (Discs 3-4)
N.C.I.S.: The Complete Second Season continues to thrill audiences with its surprising twists and character-driven stories in this incredible six-disc set. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), this squad of highly trained N.C.I.S. agents proves it is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to thwart espionage and terrorism around the world. Intense and fast-moving, all 23 episodes of N.C.I.S.: The Complete Second Season are filled with even more of the wit and humor that has become a signature of this smash-hit show's incomparable style.

Episodes:
9. Forced Entry
10. Chained
11. Black Water
12. Doppelgänger
13. The Meat Puzzle
14. Witness
15. Caught on Tape
16. Pop Life

My Thoughts:
After watching a bit of old school entertainment I am back to watching a more current show. I am now 2/3rds of the way through the second season. It is now the 3rd time I watched these episodes. When they first aired, when I first bought the DVDs and now. And I still enjoying every minute of it. On these two discs I especially enjoyed Meat Puzzle which has the Ducky, the ME, being hunted down and captured. The team needing to find him before he is killed. as well as the episode Witness which has the guest star of Danica McKeller who some of you may remember as Winnie Cooper on The Wonder Years.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 25, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »

Reba: Season 6
Get ready to join country music superstar Reba McEntire and bid farewell to America's first family of down-home, dysfunctuin in the hilarious and heartfelt final season of Reba. McEntire stars as Reba Hart, a fiesty single mother whose family is feeling some major growing pains. Van and Cheyenne is expecting a baby, Kyra wants to drop out of school, and Brock and Barbara Jean's marriage is on the rocks — again. And, as usual, Reba is caught in the middle, doing all she can to keep the peace — and her sanity. All it takes is a little tough love...and a whole lot of heart.

Episodes:
1. Let's Get Physical
2. Just Business
3. Trading Spaces
4. Roll With It
5. The Break-Up
6. Sweet Child O' Mine
7. Locked and Loaded
8. As We Forgive Those...
9. Bullets Over Brock
10. Cheyenne's Rival
11. She's With The Band
12. The Housewarming
13. The Kids are Alright

My Thoughts:
I finally get to see the last season of this series. I missed this show when it originally aired...  but fell in love with it on DVD. There is three things about this set that I wanted to mention. First Wow... I can't believe the weight loss on Barbara Jean. Also... I am so glad that Kyra was back for the final season. I must say... I liked how they did the jokes about her reasons of being gone in the first episode of this set. As I heard she was out all the previous year due to a eating disorder. And when she walked in for the first time in this season... she was asked where she been... and she says "I just went out to get something to eat". Then later that episode she gets up off the couch... is asked where she was going and said she wanted something to eat and  Van said... "See you next year".  And finally... and this I am thrilled about... they actually were able to give this show a proper farewell. Matter of fact I think the series finale was my favorite episode of the entire season. I just got this (double sided) disc in the mail yesterday afternoon... and I already finished it. Once I got started on the show I just couldn't turn it off till I watched the entire season! A wonderful show that I am kinda sorry see come to an end.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 27, 2009, 01:14:25 PM »

NCIS: Season 2 (Discs 5-6)
N.C.I.S.: The Complete Second Season continues to thrill audiences with its surprising twists and character-driven stories in this incredible six-disc set. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), this squad of highly trained N.C.I.S. agents proves it is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to thwart espionage and terrorism around the world. Intense and fast-moving, all 23 episodes of N.C.I.S.: The Complete Second Season are filled with even more of the wit and humor that has become a signature of this smash-hit show's incomparable style.

Episodes:
17. An Eye for an Eye
18. Bikini Wax
19. Conspiracy Theory
20. Red Cell
21. Hometown Hero
22. SWAK
23. Twilight

My Thoughts:
Well... this brings the second season to an end. As well as one of the characters. There is a lot of great episodes on these two discs... but I especially enjoyed SWAK where Tony infected with a plague and Twilight which is of course the season finale. And the episode where the team looses one of their own.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 30, 2009, 12:13:28 AM »

Due South: Ultimate Collection (Disc 1)
Due South is a lightning-paced action comedy in which a quintessential, polite, by-the-book Canadian Mountie from the frozen North is teamed up with a wise-cracking Armani-clad Chicago cop with a flexible sense of morality. Brought together in the Windy City by a mysterious murder which has personal ramifications for both men, these unlikely budies must find a common ground amidst overwhelming differences. Canadian actor Paul Gross (Wilby Wonderful, TV's Slings and Arrows) stars as Constable Benton Fraser, with David Marciano (TV's The Shield) as his reluctant partner, Detective Ray Vecchio.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Free Willie
3. Diefenbaker's Day Off
4. Manhunt
5. They Eat Horses, Don't They?

My Thoughts:
Let me start here by saying Thank You to Tom and a few others for suggesting this series to me. After the first disc I am thrilled with this series. The episodes have been very good so far. It is hard to believe I got every episode of this series for a measly $20! I am really looking forward to watching the rest of this series.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #460 on: June 30, 2009, 12:20:37 AM »
I am glad that you are enjoying it :)
It was one of the series I routinely watched when it was on German TV in the 90s.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 30, 2009, 05:02:01 PM »

NCIS: Season 3 (Discs 1-2)
NCIS: THE THIRD SEASON continues the critically acclaimed, action-packed adventures of a cutting-edge team of special agents who operate outside the government's chain of command. Lead by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled lead investigator who's not afraid to bend the rules, the NCIS team must somehow band together and recover after suffering a devastating loss of one of their special agents to a terrorist. Further complicating matters for Gibbs is Jennifer Sheppard (Lauren Holly), Gibbs former lover who is the new director of NCIS. The 6-Disc set includes all 24 crittically acclaimed episodes from this smash-hit series.

Episodes:
1. Kill Ari (Part 1)
2. Kill Ari (Part 2)
3. Mind Games
4. Silver War
5. Switch
6. The Voyeur's Web
7. Honor Code
8. Under Covers

My Thoughts:
The third season brings us the introduction of a couple new characters. The Mossad Agent Ziva David (Played by Cote de Pablo) and new Director of NCIS Jennifer Sheppard (Played by Lauren Holly). I really enjoyed all of these episodes especially the 2 part episode Kill Ari. From the beginning I like the character of Jennifer Sheppard... but after liking the character of Kate for so long the character of Ziva David had to grow on me. And she definitely did that... as she is now one of my favorite characters.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 30, 2009, 11:05:33 PM »

A Haunting in Connecticut
The day Karen and Ed Parker move into their dream home, ominous clues of its chilling funeral parlor past greet them: crucifixes on doors, toe tags and coffin keys in the basement. Their 14-year-old son, Paul, claims he see apparitions and hears voices. Soon, the house is plagued by dark forces that torment the entire family, and it will take a desperate call to Edward and Lorraine Warren—investigators of the Amityville haunting—to offer any hope of relief.

My Thoughts:
This is the second of two pilot movies for the TV Series A Haunting. Another one I enjoyed quite a bit. I couldn't imagine finding out the house that I live in used to be a funeral home. Well... it probably wouldn't bother me personally... but I wouldn't be able to tell my daughter about it. LOL
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 02, 2009, 09:55:44 PM »

Superman: The Animated Series: Vol. 1 (Eps. 1-3)
Your spirits will soar with this 2-disc/18-episode set from the popular TV series! Portraying the man and hero as human while keeping the comic-book action at full speed, each animated adventure is a fast-paced spellbinder. Beginning with his arrival on Earth, 'Superman' finds his place in his adopted home and accepts his role as its champion -- facing mortal enemy 'Lex Luthor' and countless other criminals like the 'Weather Wizard' and the 'Toyman'. High-flying excitement, boundless thrills and revealing 'Exclusive Extras' collide in this superior collection about the dynamic hero that inspires us all to strive for truth and justice.

My Thoughts:
After reading Tom's review of "The Last Son of Krypton" movie... I had the urge to watch the first 3 episodes of the animated series that makes up that movie. I enjoyed them very much... as I do this entire series. It was fun seeing how it all started again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 04, 2009, 01:31:36 AM »

NCIS: Season 3 (Discs  3-4)
NCIS: THE THIRD SEASON continues the critically acclaimed, action-packed adventures of a cutting-edge team of special agents who operate outside the government's chain of command. Lead by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled lead investigator who's not afraid to bend the rules, the NCIS team must somehow band together and recover after suffering a devastating loss of one of their special agents to a terrorist. Further complicating matters for Gibbs is Jennifer Sheppard (Lauren Holly), Gibbs former lover who is the new director of NCIS. The 6-Disc set includes all 24 critically acclaimed episodes from this smash-hit series.

Episodes:
9. Frame-Up
10. Probie
11. Model Behavior
12. Boxed In
13. Deception
14. Light Sleeper
15. Head Case
16. Family Secrets

My Thoughts:
2 more discs down... I have really been enjoying watching these NCIS sets again... I just can't seen to stop myself from watching them! A lot more good episodes on these discs... but I especially liked Framed-Up this time around... where Tony is framed for murder. I especially liked how the episode ended...especially with what Abbey did towards the end.
Pete