Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249911 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #930 on: November 08, 2011, 11:10:51 PM »
     Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season: Disc 4 (2006/United States)

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD GHOST
A new neighbor moves in and requests Melinda's aid in ridding the place of an uninvited spirit.

LAST EXECUTION
After a spirit follows Melinda home, she discovers he is looking for his troubled daughter who's been having serious problems since his death.

MELINDA'S FIRST GHOST
Melinda must reconcile with her own mother before she can save the spirit of a young girl, the very first ghost she ever saw!

DEAD MAN'S RIDGE
Andrea enlists Melinda in finding a missing friend who disappeared while on a hike.

Stars:
Jennifer Love Hewitt as Melinda Gordon
Aisha Tyler as Andrea Moreno
David Conrad as Jim Clancy
Ross McCall as Todd Darger
Jonathan Banks as Lyle Chase
Dominique Swain as Stacy Chase
Dariush Kashani as Bobby Tooch

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This morning I finished off disc 4 of the first season set. I enjoyed every minute of  these episodes. This is the 4th time I seen these episodes (including original airing) and I am still drawn into this show just as much as I was the very first time I watched them. Picking a favorite episodes on this disc is easy. While I enjoyed them all... I absolutely loved Melinda's First Ghost. Great story... liked going into Melinda's past to her childhood.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 08, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »
     Bewitched: The Complete Fourth Season: Disc 2 (1967/United States)

10. THAT WAS NO CHICK, THAT WAS MY WIFE
Samantha's simultaneous appearance in Chicago and New York almost costs Darrin his job.

11. ALLERGIC TO ANCIENT MACEDONIAN DODO BIRDS
Endora's magic is mysteriously transferred to Aunt Clara.

12. SAMANTHA'S THANKSGIVING TO REMEMBER
Aunt Clara zips the Stephens family and Gladys Kravitz to witch-hunting Plymouth on Thanksgiving Day.

13. SOLID GOLD MOTHER-IN-LAW
Darrin must accept Endora's help to woo a valuable new client.

14. MY, WHAT BIG EARS YOU HAVE
When Darrin tries to buy Samantha a surprise gift, Endora accuses him of seeing another woman.

15. I GET YOUR NANNIE... YOU GET MY GOAT
Annoyed that Darrin has stolen his servant, Lord Montddrake puts a spell on him.

16. HUMBUG NOT TO BE SPOKEN HERE
Samantha reforms a skinflint on Christmas Eve.

17. SAMANTHA'S DA VINCI DILEMMA
Aunt Clara summons the greatest of them all - Leonardo Da Vinci - to paint the Stephenses' house.

Stars:
Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha
Dick York as Darrin
Agnes Moorehead as Endora

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This afternoon I felt like watching a classic sitcom... and Bewitched has always been one of my favorites. While the show is a bit before my time... I grew up watching the reruns on TV.  Some reason you don't see this show on TV anymore (at least not that I know of in my area) so I am glad I have the first 4 seasons on DVD. Favorite episode on this disc is a toss-up between Samantha's Thanksgiving to Remember and Humbug Not to Be Spoken Here. I have always loved holiday episodes of TV Series. Any holiday though Halloween episodes has always been my favorite.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 09, 2011, 06:08:20 PM »
     Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season: Disc 5 (2006/United States)

DEMON CHILD
Melinda encounters a malicious young boy's spirit who is terrorizing his family. She takes on the challenge of helping this troubled child find peace and cross over.

MISS FORTUNE
The bitter ghost of a magician accuses his envious brother of causing his death and covering it up as an accident. It's up to Melinda to facilitate a reconciliation between the brothers.

FURY
Melinda must assist the ghost of a murdered African-American man find justice. She helps his son overcome his racist views before they are passed on to another generation.

THE VANISHING
A head injury caused by an accident puts Melinda's abilities at risk. She may have permanently lost her gift as she attempts to aid a young girl whose boyfriend has recently passed away.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This disc is filled with very good episodes. Enjoyed every one of them. So picking a favorite on this disc is awful hard. But if pressed I guess I would have to go with The Vanishing... while it is an obvious storyline to go with on such a show... I liked how they handled Melinda believing she lost her gift. The only episode on this disc that had a guest star that I am familiar with is Demon Child which has Lori Loughlin in it. Who I know from Full House. I usually like to rotate between shows after each disc... but in this case I think I will go straight to the next disc since it is the last in this season set... with only 2 more episodes.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 09, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »
     Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season: Disc 6 (2006/United States)

FREE FALL
The spirits of a pilot and flight attendant contact Melinda. She experiences a sense of dread over the possibility of a plane crash.

THE ONE
After a jetliner crashes Melinda faces the overwhelming task of helping hundreds of passengers cross over. "Wide Brim Hat Man" is working against her. She must work with the crash investigators who try to find out how she knew the plane was going to crash.

Stars:

Extras:
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
And this completes the first season. An excellent 2 part season finale. I loved every minute of it. Though I do admit that even the first time I watched this... during it's original airing... that I knew right away what the big surprise of the episodes were. I knew it right away... mid way through part one. But even knowing that ahead of time didn't make me enjoy the storyline any less. If you never seen this series... it is one I highly recommend!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 13, 2011, 02:49:19 PM »
     The Brady Bunch: The Complete First Season (1969/United States)

Here's the story...of America's grooviest TV sitcom family! It's the story of The Brady Bunch, and in this premiere DVD collection, The Brady Bunch: The Complete First Season, you'll see how one of television's best loved comedy series made its popular debut back in 1969. Architect Mike Brady (Robert Reed) is a widower with three sons – Greg (Barry Williams), Peter (Christopher Knight) and Bobby (Mike Lookinland). He meets a similarly single parent, Carol Ann Tyler Martin (Florence Henderson), who has three daughters of her own: Marcia (Maureen McCormick), Jan (Eve Plumb) and Cindy (Susan Olsen). Mike and Carol decide to marry, and the combination of six kids, one dog (Tiger), and a housekeeper (Alice, played by Ann B. Davis) all gathered under one split-level suburban rooftop are guaranteed to lead to love, laughter – and a whole lot of chaos.

From the pandemonium of Mike and Carol's wedding day to the instant sibling rivalries that sprout among the newly merged Brady boys and Brady girls, here are all 25 first-season episodes of this wildly popular and fondly remembered series. It's the way they all became The Brady Bunch!

EPISODES:
1. The Honeymoon
2. Dear Libby
3. Eenie, Meenie, Mommy, Daddy
4. Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
5. Katchoo
6. A Clubhouse is Not a Home
7. Kitty Karry-All is Missing
8. A-Camping We Will Go
9. Sorry, Right Number
10. Every Boy Does It Once
11. Vote for Brady
12. The Voice of Christmas
13. Is There a Doctor in the House?
14. Father of the Year
15. 54-40 and Fight
16. Mike's Horror-Scope
17. The Undergraduate
18. Tiger! Tiger!
19. The Big Sprain
20. Brace Yourself
21. The Hero
22. The Possible Dream
23. To Move or Not to Move
24. The Grass is Always Greener
25. Lost Locket, Found Locket

Stars:
Robert Reed as Mike Brady
Florence Henderson as Carol Brady
Ann B. Davis as Alice
Maureen McCormick as Marcia
Eve Plumb as Jan
Susan Olsen as Cindy
Barry Williams as Greg
Chris Knight as Peter
Mike Lookinland as Bobby

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
After watching Growing Up Brady the other day I got a strong urge to watch the episodes again. So the last few afternoons/evenings I been watching the first season. While... as I have said many times before... this show was never a favorite in my childhood... it really grew on me as an adult. I think it is a strong nostalgic type of thing.

I originally bought the complete series set when my daughter showed interest in the show afters seeing a couple episodes on cable. But then of course kids being kids she never watched a single episode once I bought the set. This is my second time going through the set since buying it a few years back. And once again I am enjoying it more then I ever did as a kid.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 18, 2011, 12:20:29 AM »
     Hearts Afire: The Complete First Season (1992/United States)

Beloved funnyman John Ritter and Night Court's Markie Post heat up the screen in this irresistible TV comedy! One of the best series of the '90s, HEARTS AFIRE ignites laughter with its sizzling chemistry, razor-sharp dialogue and stellar cast, including the Oscar-winning Billy Bob Thornton as Ritter's best friend.

Set in Washington, D.C., Ritter is John Hartman, a senator's aide and divorced dad who lives and works strictly by the book…except when it comes to brand-new press secretary Georgie Lahti (Post), a sassy, risk-taking rebel. They couldn't be more different, yet when the sparks fly, a passionate romance develops that changes their lives. Adding to the craziness, the couple must cope with Lahti's ex-con dad (Ed Asner), Billy Bob's estranged wife (Wendie Jo Sperber, Bosom Buddies) and their slightly scatterbrained boss (George Gaynes, Tootise). Includes all 23 episodes of this warm and witty series' unforgettable first season.

Episodes:
1. - 2. Bees Can Sting You, Watch Out (Parts 1 & 2)
3. The Big Date
4. Three Men and a Bed
5. John Stallion
6. First Time
7. Significant Others
8. Everybody Loves My Baby
9. Conversations with My Shrink
10. The Fundamental Things Apply
11. Smithersgate
12. Everyday's a Holiday
13. While the Thomasons Slept
14. Trivial Pursuit
15. Never Play Touch Football with the Kennedys
16. Miss Starr Dates Georgie Anne's Pop
17. While the Thomasons Slept in the Lincoln Bedroom
18. Her Year with Fidel
19. - 20. Cold Feet (Parts 1 & 2)
21. Take My Senate, Please
22. Flamingo Summer
23. Class Reunion

Stars:
John Ritter as John Hartman
Markie Post as Georgie Anne Lahti
Wendie Jo Sperber as Marvis Davis
Beth Broderick as Dee Dee Starr
Billy Bob Thornton as Billly Bob Davis

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • insert

My Thoughts:
A good friend of mine gave me all 3 seasons of this series this past December.... almost a year ago and I am finally getting around to watching it. I used to watch this show all the time when it originally aired. So it is good to see it again now. While I am enjoying it quite a bit... I remember it being funnier back then. There just don't seem to be as many laugh out loud moments like I remember there being. But all the same... still well worth the time needed to put into it. I am glad I have it in my collection. And looking forward to watching the next two seasons.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 18, 2011, 11:42:56 PM »
     Hearts Afire: The Complete Second Season (1993/United States)

Newlyweds John and Georgie Anne (the one-and-only John Ritter and Night Court's Markie Post) abandon bit city politics for the craziness of small-town life in this irresistable TV comedy! Helped out by John's best friend (the hilarious Billy Bob Thorton, Bad Santa), the couple attempts to revive the local paper. Adding to the mayhem is the incredible supportig cast, including the diminutive, but big-talking Lonnie (Leslie Jordon, Will & Grace) and the cynical, sharp-tongued Madeline (Conchata Ferrell, Two and a Half Men). From the creator of Designing Women, this warm and witty series has become an addictive pleasure for viewers around the world since its original 1992-1995 run! Now get fired up for all 16 episodes of this fun-filled show's smokin' second season, now on DVD for the first time.

Episodes:
1. Lovely Always (Parts 1 & 2)
2. Moonlighting
3. The Great Depression
4. First Edition
5. String of Pearls
6. The Stud Club
7. Blue Christmas
8. True Confessions
9. Accelerated Dating
10. Sweet Revenge
11. The Sons of Sissy-Whatsis
12. Fatal Traction
13. Sleepless in a Small Town
14. Do the Limbaugh
15. Love in the Afternoon
16. The Big Yes

Stars:
Markie Post as Georgie Anne Lahti Hartman
Billy Bob Thornton as Billy Bob Davis
Leslie Jordan as Lonnie Garr
Conchata Ferrell as Madeline Stoessinger

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • insert

My Thoughts:
Just finished off the second season of Hearts Afire. They pretty much changed the entire series. Moved them away from Capital Hill... moving them to the small town John and Billy Bob grew up in. I found I am enjoying this new format a bit more then what they had for the first season. I was never much of a fan of the Senator character they all worked for in the first season. But I really enjoy the new characters of Madeline Stoessinger and Lonnie Garr. Definitely an improvement over the first season. Now I am looking forward to starting season 3.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 20, 2011, 09:30:18 PM »
     Hearts Afire: The Complete Third Season (1994/United States)

The hilarious combination of John Ritter, Night Court's Markie Post and Billy Bob Thornton fuels this warm and witty television series about the ups and downs of small-town life! From the creator of Designing Women, John and Georgie Anne Hartman (Ritter and Post) keep the sparks burning at home and at work as they run the local newspaper with the help of John's best friend, Billy Bob, cynical advice columnist Madeline (Conchata Ferrell, Two and a Half Men) and neurotic printer Lonnie (Leslie Jordan, Will & Grace). Don't miss the final season with 14 episodes of memorable misadventures, including one unaired episode!

Episodes:
1. Don't Say Nothin' Bad About My Baby
2. The Virgin Lonnie
3. It's My Party
4. The Sock-Her Boys
5. Birth of a Donation
6. Fat Like Me
7. Born to Dance
8. Pros and Condoms
9. The Perfect Christmas
10. Help Wanted
11. Mrs. Hartman, Mrs. Hartman
12. Group Therapy
13. John and Georgie's Not-So-Excellent Adventure
14. The Outsider

Stars:
Markie Post as Georgie Anne Lahti Hartman
Billy Bob Thornton as Billy Bob Davis
Leslie Jordan as Lonnie Garr
Conchata Ferrell as Madeline Stoessinger

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • insert

My Thoughts:
I just finished the 3rd (Final) season of this series. While I still enjoyed it... it has lost a little something. So I really am not that surprised that the series was canceled at this point.I am glad they added the one unaired episode to this set though. Always nice to have an episode you never seen before.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 21, 2011, 02:48:33 PM »
     The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season One: Disc 1 (1961/United States)

1. The Sick Boy and the Sitter
Filmed: January 20, 1961
Original Air Date: October 3, 1961
Comedy writer Rob Petrie talks his wife Laura into leaving their "sick" son Ritchie with a babysitter while they attend a big party.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by SHELDON LEONARD

2. The Meershatz Pipe
Rob fears he is no longer needed when his co-writers do a show without his help.
Filmed: June 20, 1961
Original Air Date: November 28, 1961
Written by CARL REINER

3. Jealousy
Laura begins to worry when Rob has to work nights with a beautiful television star.
Filmed: June 27, 1961
Original Air Date: November 7, 1961
Written by CARL REINER

4. Sally and the Lab Technician
Laura matches up her shy pharmacist cousin, Thomas, with Rob's fireball co-writer, Sally, for a lopsided dinner party.
Filmed: July 5, 1961
Original Air Date: October 17, 1961
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

5. Washington vs. the Bunny
Filmed: July 11, 1961
Original Air Date: October 24, 1961
Rob suffers with guilt when he has to go on a business trip the night of his son's play.
Written by CARL REINER • Directed by JOHN RICH

6. Oh How We Met the Night That We Danced
Filmed: July 18, 1961
Original Air Date: October 31, 1961
While rummaging through Rob's old Army equipment, Rob and Laura recall that he broke her foot the night they met.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by Robert Butler

Stars:
Dick Van Dyke as Rob Petrie
Rose Marie as Sally Rogers
Morey Amsterdam as Buddy Sorrell
Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie
Larry Mathews as Ritchie
Richard Deacon as Mel Cooley

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Pilot Episode: 'Head of the Family'
  • Trivia
  • Cheer Spot

My Thoughts:
I felt like starting another classic sitcom. And this is the first one to pop into my mind. Though I don't plan on going through this series quite as fast as I did the last couple... as there is other things I want to watch as well. So I am going to review a disc at a time as I watch them this time... instead of waiting to watch the entire season set. This is one show that lost nothing over the years. It is as funny today as it was way back when. It is really hard to pick a favorite episode on this disc... as they are all great. But if I was forced to... I would probably go with The Meershatz Pipe. As I found myself laughing at that episode quite a bit. But as I said.. all great episodes. This is a series you really can't go wrong with!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 22, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
     The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season One: Disc 2 (1961/United States)

7. The Unwelcome Houseguest
Filmed: July 25, 1961
Original Air Date: November 21, 1961
Rob reluctantly agrees to take care of Buddy's dog for the weekend and creates a furor when he brings the animal home.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by ROBERT BUTLER

8. Harrison B. Harding of Camp Crowder, MO
Filmed: August 1, 1961
Original Air Date: November 6, 1961
Rob fears that a mysterious stranger claiming to be an old Army pal may be a jewel thief.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

9. My Blonde-Haired Brunette
Filmed: August 15, 1961
Original Air Date: October 10, 1961
Laura dyes her hair blonde when she fears the romance in her marriage is fading.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

10. Forty-Four Tickets
Filmed: August 22, 1961
Original Air Date: December 5, 1961
Rob invites 44 fellow PTA members to his television show, but forgets all about it until air time.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

11. To Tell or Not to Tell
Filmed: August 29, 1961
Original Air Date: November 14, 1961
Rob and Ritchie find themselves more than a little lost when Laura briefly resumes her dancing career.
Written by DAVID ADLER
Directed by JOHN RICH

12. Sally Is a Girl
Filmed: September 5, 1961
Original Air Date: December 19, 1961
Rob is accused of being a Don Juan when he takes his wife's advice and stops treating co-writer Sally as one of the boys.
Written by DAVID ADLER
Directed by JOHN RICH

Stars:
Larry Mathews as Ritchie

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Cheer Spot

My Thoughts:
Still enjoying watching these episodes again. The episodes on this disc is not quite as good as the ones on the first disc... but still top notch entertainment. I would say that my favorite episode on this disc would be between To Tell or Not to Tell and Sally Is a Girl though these episodes in particular makes you realize just how old the series is. Talk about dated concepts!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 23, 2011, 01:45:22 PM »
     The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season One: Disc 3 (1961/United States)

13. Empress Carlotta's Necklace
Filmed: September 12, 1961
Original Air Date: December 12, 1961
Rob proudly presents Laura with a huge, horrible necklace, but she cannot bring herself to tell him that it is an atrocity.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JAMES KOMACK
Guest Star GAVIN McLEOD

14. Buddy, Can You Spare a Job?
Filmed: September 19, 1961
Original Air Date: December 26, 1961
After Buddy leaves The Alan Brady Show for a job that falls through, Rob and Sally conspire to get him his old job back.
Written by WALTER KEMPLEY
Directed by JAMES KOMACK

15. Who Owes Who What?
Filmed: October 10, 1961
Original Air Date: January 24, 1962
Buddy ignores Rob's effort's to collect an old debt.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

16. Sol and the Sponsor
Filmed: October 17, 1961
Original Air Date: April 11, 1962
A fancy dinner party for Rob's television sponsor and his wife is enlivened by the arrival of Rob's old Army buddy.
Written by WALTER KEMPLEY
Directed by JOHN RICH

17. The Curious Thing About Women
Filmed: October 24, 1961
Original Air Date: January 10, 1962
Unable to control her curiosity, Laura opens Rob's mail - much to her regret!
Written by DAVID ADLER
Directed by JOHN RICH

18. Punch Thy Neighbor
Filmed: October 1, 1961
Original Air Date: January 17, 1962
Rob's dentist pal, Jerry, strains the friendship when he starts knocking Rob's television show in public.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

Stars:
Larry Mathews as Ritchie
Richard Deacon
Jerry Paris

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • Production Notes
  • Cheer Spot

My Thoughts:
I finished this disc off yesterday. I enjoyed all these episodes very much. But that being so it was still easy picking a favorite episode on this disc. As one of my all-time favorite episodes is on this disc. That being The Curious Thing About Women... as I laugh out loud every time I see that episode. I was wanting to watch this show slower then the last couple shows I watched... but it don't seem like that is going to happen. I am just getting into it too much. Though I would still like to slow down a bit.

Another thing I have enjoyed while watching this set. Is that this set has a Play All option. The last 2 shows I watched I had to go back to the menu in between each episode. This set I can just have the shows advance to the next episode automatically. Definitely a feature I like.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 23, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
     The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season One: Disc 4 (1962/United States)

19. Where Did I Come From?
Filmed: November 8, 1961
Original Air Date: January 3, 1962
Six-year old Ritchie asks his parents the inevitable "Where did I come from?" question, and they recall the days before his birth. John Rich's favorite show of the season.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

20. The Boarder Incident
Filmed: November 14, 1961
Original Air Date: February 14, 1962
While his wife is away, Buddy moves in with the Petries and quickly wears out his welcome.
Written by NORM LIEBMANN and ED HAAS
Directed by JOHN RICH

21. A Word a Day
Filmed: November 29, 1961
Original Air Date: February 7, 1962
Ritchie's expanding vocabulary starts to branch out in unexpected directions.
Written by JACK RAYMOND
Directed by JOHN RICH

22. The Talented Neighbor
Filmed: December 6,, 1961
Original Air Date: January 31, 1962
When his show announces a talent contest, Rob finds himself besieged by would-be child stars and pushy stage mothers. Van Dyke's two young sons, Barry and Chris, have bit parts.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

23. Father of the Week
Filmed: December 12, 1961
Original Air Date: February 22, 1962
Rob's paternal pride suffers a cruel shock when he finds out that his six-year old son is embarrassed to admit how his dad makes a living.
Written by ARNOLD and LOIS PEYSER
Directed by JOHN RICH

24. The Twizzle
Filmed: January 9, 1962
Original Air Date: February 28, 1962
Sally drags the entire production staff to a bowling alley where she unveils a new song and dance.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

Stars:
Larry Mathews as Ritchie
Richard Deacon

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • 2 Cheer Spots

My Thoughts:
I just finished the next disc in the set. Unfortunately the most of the episodes on this disc I always considered either average or below average. Nothing really special compared to the rest of the series. But this did make picking out my favorite episode on the disc very easy. This time I have to say my favorite episode is definitely Where Did I Come From? It is the only episode on this disc to literally make me laugh out loud at any of it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 24, 2011, 01:01:19 AM »
     The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season One: Disc 5 (1962/United States)

25. One Angry Man
Filmed: January 16, 1962
Original Air Date: March 7, 1962
Laura believes Rob, on jury duty, has been unfairly swayed by the beautiful blonde defendant.
Written by LEO SOLOMON and BEN GERSHMAN
Directed by JOHN RICH

26. Where You Been, Fassbinder?
Filmed: January 23, 1962
Original Air Date: March 14, 1962
Romance enters Sally's life in the form of an insurance salesman named Leo Fassbinder.
Written by JOHN WHEDON
Directed by JOHN RICH

27. The Bad Old Days
Filmed: January 30, 1962
Original Air Date: April 4, 1962
Buddy convinces Rob that he, like all American husbands, is henpecked.
Written by NORM LIEBMANN and ED HAAS
Directed by JOHN RICH

28. I Am My Brother's Keeper
Filmed: February 6, 1962
Original Air Date: March 21, 1962
Rob's bashful brother arrives in town and proves to be confident and outgoing only when he is sleepwalking.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH
Guest Star JERRY VAN DYKE

29. The Sleeping Brother
Filmed: February 13, 1962
Original Air Date: March 28, 1962
Rob's talented sleepwalking brother manages to audition successfully for The Alan Brady Show, even while wide-awake.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH
Guest Star JERRY VAN DYKE

30. The Return of Happy Spangler
Filmed: February 20, 1962
Original Air Date: April 18, 1962
Rob makes the mistake of trying to help the old-time radio comedy writer who gave him his first break.
Written by CARL REINER
Directed by JOHN RICH

Stars:
Larry Mathews as Ritchie
Patsy Kelly
Herbie Faye

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Emmy Award Presentation

My Thoughts:
And this completes the first season of The Dick Van Dyke Show. And it ends strong... which is especially good to see after how the last disc was less then satisfactory compared to the rest of the set. Picking a favorite episode on the disc is easy again. Though in this case I have to pick 2... as it is the two part episodes of I Am My Brother's Keeper and The Sleeping Brother. Which of course guest stars Dick Van Dyke's brother... Jerry Van Dyke.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 24, 2011, 05:26:44 AM »
Hope you don't mind if I highjack your thread Pete, but as I told you by PM this is my impression on this serie.

MOVIE / DVD INFO:

Title: The Net (1998)

Genre: Thriller
Rating: 15
Length: 15h56
Video: Full Frame
Audio: English / French / Spanish
Subtitles: Danish/Dutch/ English/ Finnish/French/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish

Stars:
Brooke Langton
Joseph Bottoms
Mackenzie Gray
Jim Byrnes
Tim Curry

Plot:
On the run, Angela Bennett (Brooke Langton) is determined to stop her tormentors, the cyberterrorist network known as the Praetorians, from taking over the world. With her hacking skills, sexy charm, and the help of a mysterious Internet contact, the Sorcerer, Angela must keep one step ahead of the Praetorians and the Feds. But when she closes in on her criminal foes, will she be able to win her life back? Brace yourself for a chilling look at the dark, secretive world of cyber criminals, and the woman who will put everything on the line to stop them.

My Thoughts:
This serie was frustating to watch because of the protection Sony put on the disc, some disc worked on my computer some don't but everything was fine on my Blu-Ray reader. Since it isn't a disc review but a serie review enough with the disc complaint...

This is the kind of serie who is painfull to watch because the setting change during the season, kind of like if the producer didn't know what to do with the serie (I guess the rating had a role in this too). The good part is the beginning as they follow more or less the premisses of the movie as Angela is on the run from an obscure organization and try to get back her identity with the help of a mysterious stranger called The Sorcerer (voice by Tim Curry). This part is serious and is mostly targetted for an adult audience (not in the sense I usually used). Here the interaction between Angela (Brooke Langton) and the organisation security (Joseph Bottoms) is great (we feel the danger that represent the organization) and make sense.

Sadly at the episode #10 the focus change when The Sorcerer visage is reveal... get ready for it... it's a fricking teenager. Yes the story is dumbed down from there... the serious episode turned into comedy, the organization become a caricature (in one of the stupidest episode they control a disc label...), too much focus on Eric Szmanda (yes he is the teenage Sorcerer), etc. Guess they wanted to target the 12 years old little girls.

The episode #19 is the best one of this phase as this is when the organization is beaten and Angela get her identity back. This one is full of action and intensity. Normally the serie would end there but no...

So a short third phase start for the three last episodes before they call it over. In this phase Angela works with the FBI tracking crime on the internet. Strangely my interest came back here as the shows were interesting and serious again (even if the connection with the movie isn't there anymore). Also this is when Bruce Abott is added to the cast.

So we got an half good serie, well acted or the most part (personally I think Brooke Langton was better in the role than Sandra Bullock in the movie), with a good story line (at least for ten episodes) and you can play the "I've seen this actor somewhere" game as the serie was filmed in Vancouver. But I can't say I'm surprised it was cancel after one season.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:38:39 AM by Jimmy »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 24, 2011, 10:53:46 AM »
Thanks Jimmy... I was definitely curious about this one.
Pete