Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249882 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #990 on: April 16, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »
     Charmed: The Complete Fifth Season (2002/United States)

Fall under their spell...The Charmed Ones, Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan), are simply bewitching and they're here to stay! Charmed: The Complete Fifth Season is rich with intense adventure, humor and intrigue as these sizzling supernatural siblings battle the forces of evil.

From the very first season five episode, when the sisters rush to the aid of an innocent mermaid. The Charmed Ones invite you into their irresistible magical world of paranormal action, fantasy, and suspense. What else do the Halliwell sisters have in store for you? One of them meets an evil Prince Charming: they become mystical comic book super-heroines and gorgeous Greek Goddesses to save the world from wicked demons; they even join forces with Leprechauns!

Escape into their magical world...The Charmed Ones welcome you!

EPISODES:
1. A Witch's Tail Part 1
2. A Witch's Tail Part 2
3. Happily Ever After
4. Siren Song
5. Witches In Tights
6. The Eyes Have It
7. Sympathy For The Demon
8. A Witch In Time
9. Sam I Am
10. Y Tu Mummy Tambie
11. The Importance Of Being Phoebe
12. Centennial Charmed
13. House Call
14. Sand Francisco Dreamin'
15. The Day The Magic
16. Baby's First Demon
17. Lucky Charmed
18. Cat House
19. Nymphs Just Wanna Have Fun
20. Sense and Sense Ability
21. Necromancing The Stone
22. Oh My Goddess Part 1
23. Oh My Goddess Part 2

Stars:
Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell
Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt
Julian McMahon as Cole Turner
Dorian Gregory as Inspector Darryl Morris

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished this season of Charmed. As usual... I enjoyed every moment of it. Even a bit more so then some of the previous seasons. There is some big episodes in this season. And thankfully they finally got ride of the character of Cole. Yes... I know he is a very popular character... but I just never liked the guy. Other then that, this season has a couple of good two part episodes and the birth of Piper's son Wyatt. Even an episode where the girls are transformed into superheroes... costumes and all. When I first decided to watch some episodes of Charmed I figured I would watch maybe a season or two. And here I am so hooked I made it through season 5 and looking forward to starting season 6. With only 3 seasons to go... I imagine I will be finishing off the entire series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 18, 2012, 02:31:11 AM »
     Charmed: The Complete Sixth Season (2003/United States)

The Charmed Ones - Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan) - are back to bewitch and hold you spellbound. Join these modern-day witches in Charmed: The Complete Sixth Season as their fantastic feats and supernatural escapadeswill leave you breathless.

Season Six catapults the sisters into action when they, disguised as Valkyries, must save Leo from an island of gorgeous warrior-maidens; Phoebe and Paige face off with a hungry Spider Demon that emerges to feed upon Piper; Phoebe accidently transforms into a genie; and magical go-go boots transports Paige back in time. Mix that with infectious humor, remarkable special effects, and intriguing storylines and you have a perfect brew of supernatural entertainment.

EPISODES:
1. Valhalley of the Dolls, Parts 1 & 2
2. Forget Me…Not
2. Power of Three Blondes
4. Love's a Witch
5. My Three Witches
6. Soul Survivor
7. Sword and the City
8. Little Monsters
9. Chris-Crossed
10. Witchstock
11. Prince Charmed
12. Used Karma
13. The Legend of Sleepy Halliwell
14. I Dream of Phoebe
15. The Courtship of Wyatt's Father
16. Hyde School Reunion
17. Spin City
18. Crimes and Witch-Demeanors
19. A Wrong Day's Journey Into Right
20. Witch Wars
21. It's a Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World, Parts 1 & 2

Stars:
Drew Fuller as Chris

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This evening I finished off the 6th season. While this season has a lot of very good episodes in it... it don't have quite as many as the previous season. Drew Fuller is added to the main cast this season as Chris... a witch/whitelighter from the future there to save baby Wyatt from turning evil. Which is the main storyline for this season. Picking a favorite episode from this season is near impossible as I liked so many... but some of my favorites for this season include...

1. Valhalley of the Dolls, Parts 1 & 2
10. Witchstock
13. The Legend of Sleepy Halliwell
14. I Dream of Phoebe
20. Witch Wars
21. It's a Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad World, Parts 1 & 2

Unfortunately there is no series related extras in this set. But the episodes themselves are more then worth the money you would have to pay for the set.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 19, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
     Charmed: The Complete Seventh Season (2004/United States)

Follow the Charmed Ones, Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan), on their suspenseful adventures of the supernatural! In Charmed: The Complete Seventh Season, the magical Halliwell sisters are called to travel back in time, protect the innocents from the deadly demon Sarpedon, and keep Zankou from claiming the powerful Book of Shadows. join the Charmed Ones in the ultimate battle of impending doom when the almighty Avatars from ancient Egypt plan to vanquish anyone who threatens their Utopian transformation of the world! Charmed: The Complete Seventh Season is filled with pure excitement, romance and mystical thrills

The Power of Three has never been better!

EPISODES:
1. A Call to Arms
2. The Bare Witch Project
3. Cheaper by the Coven
4. Charrrmed!
5. Styx Feet Under
6. Once in a Blue Moon
7. Someone to Witch Over Me
8. Charmed Noir
9. There's Something About Leo
10. Witchness Protection
11. Ordinary Witches
12. Exteme Makeover: World Edition
13. Charmageddon
14. Carpe Demon
15. Show Ghouls
16. The Seven Year Witch
17. Scry Hard
18. Little Box of Horrors
19. Freaky Phoebe
20. Imaginary Fiends
21. Death Becomes Them
22. Something Wicca This Way Goes

Stars:

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Just finished this season. I enjoyed this set a bit more then the previous season. In this case instead of having one season length "Big Bad" to fight... they had 2. One for the first half of the season involving the Avatars. Then the second half the season they had to go up against one of the most powerful demons they ever came across. One that actually gets control of their home and their Book of Shadows. When this season originally ended they weren't sure they would see another season... so they thought ahead and came up with a finale that could work either as a season finale or a series finale. While we did get another season I am thrilled they took that into consideration. Because if we didn't and it ended in a cliffhanger... well that would have been a very sad thing for such a popular series. I really liked all the episodes this season... so it is very hard to pick out any favorites... but a few I would definitely mention would have to be..

2. The Bare Witch Project
5. Styx Feet Under
10. Witchness Protection
22. Something Wicca This Way Goes

There is a guest star I enjoyed from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel in a few episodes this season that I wanted to mention. That being Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia)... in this she played The Seer... a demon psychic. So far into the series... and still being able to give it such high ratings. Definitely a series I would recommend!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 21, 2012, 04:02:49 AM »
     Charmed: The Final Season (2005/United States)

Get ready for the ultimate ride in supernatural entertainment! In Charmed: The Final Season, the magical Halliwell sisters Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan) face their biggest challenges in love, life and death as they try one last time to fulfill their destiny! Join them in their fight to protect Leo from the Angel of Death, and witness their devastating battle when demons conspire to take over the Underworld! Charmed: The Final Season's 6 discs deliver 22 episodes of nonstop thrills, suspense and a climactic finale! The Charmed Ones are ready. Are you?

EPISODES:
1. Still Charmed & Kicking
2. Malice in Wonderland
3. Run, Piper, Run
4. Desperate Housewitches
5. Rewitched
6. Kill Billie: Vol. 1
7. The Lost Picture Show
8. Battle of the Hexes
9. Hulkus Pocus
10. Vaya Con Leos
11. Mr. & Mrs. Witch
12. Payback's A Witch
13. Repo Manor
14. 12 Angry Zen
15. The Last Temptation of Christy
16. Engaged and Confused
17. Generation Hex
18. The Torn Identity
19. The Jung and the Restless
20. Gone With The Witches
21. Kill Billie: Vol. 2
22. Forever Charmed

Stars:
Kaley Cuoco as Billie

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Here it is... the final season of Charmed. I went through this season so fast... in just a few hours over a day. Come to think of it... I went through the entire series pretty quick... 8 seasons (178 episodes) in exactly 3 weeks. That averages out to 8 and a half episodes per day! This is my 4th time watching the series... and I loved the entire run this time as I did the first time I saw it.

Good new this set (is the only one that) has extras! There is a few commentaries as well as several featurettes. Including a featurette where they actually interview fans of the series. A strange thing about this set is that they did not use the theme song for the opening of the episodes. They have for every previous season... but they don't for the last season? Oh well... I always skip the episode openings anyway. One thing that bugs me about all the sets of Charmed is that there is no play all function. I know how difficult is it to click the next episode once it goes back to the menu...but it can be a pain. Especially when you keep forgetting where you set down the remote... like I did many times!

This season Kaley Cuoco is added to the cast. She is well known for playing Penny on The Big Bang Theory. Kaley plays a young witch that The Charmed Ones take in and teach the craft to. This is one time I just can not pick favorite episodes... as I loved every minute of them all. I especially loved how they ended the series. Episodes like Forever Charmed is how all series should go out. It gives a great sense of closure for the series. No unanswered questions. Just a sad goodbye. If there is anything I would change if I could. It is how the final episode brought back so many familiar faces from previous episodes/seasons... but they couldn't get Shannen Doherty to make an appearance. The final shot of the episode was of a bunch of family pictures on the wall as they followed an Piper and Leo up the stairs... and they couldn't even use a picture of her on the wall!?! It is a shame.

Over-all I can't say enough good about it... loved every second. After watching all 8 seasons I actually find myself a little sad that I don't have any more to watch.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 05, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »
     The Hunger: The Complete First Season (1997/Canada)

Terence Stamp hosts the first season of this spine-tingling horror anthology series from Executive Producers Tony and Ridley Scott, which features a phenomenal cast of familiar faces as you've never seen them before. Inspired by leading genre writers, each episode will draw you into a mesmerizing world of terrifying characters and erotic encounters, where demons feed on the weaknesses of men and temptation consumes reason.

Episodes:
1. The Swords
2. Menage a Trois
3. Necros
4. The Secret Shih-Tan
5. Bridal Suite
6. Room 17
7. Anais
8. No Radio
9. But at My Back I Always Hear
10. Red Light
11. I'm Dangerous Tonight
12. The Sloan Men
13. A Matter of Style
14. Hidebound
15. Fly-By-Night
16. The River of Night's Dreaming
17. The Lighthouse
18. The Face of Helen Bournouw
19. Plain Brown Envelope
20. The Other Woman
21. Clarimonde
22. Footsteps

Stars:
Terence Stamp as Host

Extras:
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I just finished the first season of this Anthology series that originally ran on Showtime in the mid '90s. It is a bit tough to review this set. I mean I enjoyed it quite a bit... but there is a lot of weird episodes in the set as well. I classify this as a horror anthology as it deals with vampires, ghosts and other supernatural beings. But then there is episodes that deals with normal murders and such as well. Since this series originally ran on Showtime each episode also has a bit of sex/nudity. Though nothing overly adult oriented. Each episode runs about 26min. Unfortunately I didn't care much for Terrance Stamp as the host. I even found myself fast forwarding through his little introductions to the episodes towards the end of the set. But over-all I would say it is worth checking out.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 15, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »
     Samantha Who?: The Complete First Season (2007/United States)

Samantha...Who? That's what Sam Newly, irresistibly played by Christina Applegate, would like to know! Upon waking up from an eight-day coma, she can't remember a thing — not her boyfriend, her parents, her job, not even herself. Although some things are best left forgotten, Sam is determined to dig up the "goods" on herself. With a little help from her ex-boyfriend, ex-doorman, her too (make that two) few friends and slightly odd parents, Samantha gets a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become a bad-girl-gone-good.

Indulge yourself in the ultimate do-over fantasy with the fresh new hit comedy Samantha Who? — The Complete First Season, starring Emmy® Award-winning Christina Applegate, and a hilariously quirky cast of supporting characters including Jean Smart, Jennifer Esposito and Kevin Dunn. With every Season One episode and exclusive bonus features, cheer for the charmingly imperfect Sam — whoever she is!

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Job
3. The Wedding
4. The Virgin
5. The Restraining Order
6. The Hypnotherapist
7. The Hockey Date
8. The Car
9. The Break-Up
10. The Girlfriend
11. The Boss
12. The Butterflies
13. The Gallery Show
14. The Affair
15. The Birthday

Stars:
Christina Applegate as Samantha
Jennifer Esposito as Andrea
Kevin Dunn as Howard
Melissa McCarthy as Dena
Tim Russ as Frank
Barry Watson as Todd
Jean Smart as Regina

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a set I just had given to me... an early birthday present. Never seeing a single episode before getting the set. I found it to be a pretty good series... but far from great. The show actually had to grow on me a bit to get the 3.5 rating I decided to give it. After the first few episodes I was thinking between a 2.5 and a 3. But it did start growing on me. And would probably had grown on me some more if it wasn't such a short first season. But I did end up enjoying it enough to want to get the second season and complete the series. I liked seeing Melissa McCarthy in something earlier in her career. I only know her as one of the stars of the sitcom Mike & Molly. The set has a few nice extra features. I didn't listen to the audio commentary (on the pilot) yet. B ut I did check out the blooper reel and deleted scenes. Both sections was a little shorter then I would  normally like. And the blooper real... which is usually one of my favorite extras... left me disappointed. It was nothing more then some of the cast members getting fits of laughter while trying to do their lines. And then very few of that. Over-all I would say this is a cute show... but don't expect too much from it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 17, 2012, 12:57:04 AM »
     Runaway: The Complete Series (2006/United States)

From executive producers including Darren Star (Sex and the City, TV's "Beverly Hills, 90210") comes RUNAWAY, a thrilling series about an ordinary family facing extraordinary danger.

Wrongfully accused of murder, successful attorney Paul Rader (Donnie Wahlberg, The Sixth Sense, TV's "Band Of Brothers") has taken his wife and children (including Dustin Milligan, TV's "90210") on the run. Living as fugitives and constantly changing identities, they have learned to become anyone – and trust no one.

The Raders have started over yet again, this time in a small town. As they try to avoid the authorities, uncover a deadly conspiracy, and deal with suspicious neighbors, trusting each other will be their only hope ... and their greatest risk. They're about to realize that nothing is more twisted than trying to keep your story straight.

Episodes:
1. Runaway (Pilot)
2. Identity Crisis
3. Mr. Rader Goes to Washington
4. Homecoming
5. Father Figure
6. Liar, Liar
7. Turn, Turn, Turn
8. There's No Place Like Home
9. End Game

Stars:
Donnie Wahlberg as Paul Rader
Leslie Hope as Lily Rader
Dustin Milligan as Henry Rader
Sarah Ramos as Hannah Rader
Nathan Gamble as Tommy Rader
Susan Floyd as Gina Bennett
Karen LeBlanc as Angela Huntley

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a (very) short lived series that originally aired on The CW... the year that The CW was formed. Unfortunately for some reason they felt the need to cancel this series after airing only 3 episodes! I mean come on... how do you not give a series more of a chance then 3 episodes? The DVD set has the entire 9 episodes that was produced before the cancellation. It is a real shame that they didn't give it more of a chance... because IMHO... this is a very good series. I think it had an excellent chance of going on for at least a couple full seasons. I found myself so drawn into this series while watching it. At the end of each episode I couldn't wait to watch the next. My favorite episode in the series is There's No Place Like Home... in this episode the small town the family is hiding out in is hit by a tornado. Obviously with such a small amount of episodes this series does end with some unanswered questions. But it does answer the question of who it was that killed the woman Paul is accused of murdering. And I must say... wow! Great twist! Definitely didn't see it coming! Makes me even madder that the series didn't get the chance to continue!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 17, 2012, 02:00:09 AM »
I mean come on... how do you not give a series more of a chance then 3 episodes?
I was sure it was only a FOX trademark...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 17, 2012, 02:11:10 AM »
Yeah... sometimes others do it as well. But not nearly as often!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 21, 2012, 12:08:41 AM »
     Lost: The Complete First Season (2004/United States)

Get lost in the hottest series of the year. From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias, comes the action-packed adventure that became a worldwide television event.

Stranded on an island that holds many secrets, 48 people must band together if they hope to get home alive. Now you can experience the nonstop excitement and mystery of every episode, from the show's stunning first minute to its spectacular finale, on a seven-disc set.

Presented in a widescreen theatrical format with 5.1 Surround Sound and bursting with more than eight hours of original bonus features – including unaired Lost Flashbacks from the final episode – Lost is a real find.

EPISODES:
1. Pilot - Part 1
2. Pilot - Part 2
3. Tabula Rasa
4. Walkabout
5. White Rabbit
6. House of the Rising Sun
7. The Moth
8. Confidence Man
9. Solitary
10. Raised by Another
11. All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues
12. Whatever the Case May Be
13. Hearts and Minds
14. Special
15. Homecoming
16. Outlaws
17. In Translation
18. Numbers
19. Deus Ex Machina
20. Do No Harm
21. The Greater Good
22. Born to Run
23. Exodus - Part 1
24. Exodus - Part 2

Stars:
Naveen Andrews as Sayid
Emilie de Ravin as Claire
Matthew Fox as Jack
Jorge Garcia as Hurley
Maggie Grace as Shannon
Josh Holloway as Sawyer
Malcolm David Kelley as Walt

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
What to say... well let me start out by saying I bought this set in 2005 and season 2 in 2006. I watched them both as soon as I got them. Then somehow the show dropped off my radar.... and I never bought any more season. Late last year I was able to luck into seasons 3,4 & 5... free! But never got around to watching them. And I never watched this series as it aired so never seen the episodes at all. I decided it was time to watch them... but since it has been about 7 years since I seen the episodes I decided I better start from the beginning again. After watching the first couple discs I found out I was going to be lucky enough to get season 6 for my birthday... completing the series for me!

Watching these episodes reminded me how good this show was. It took no time at all for me to get totally hooked again! I find the storyline so interesting that I just can't stop watching! So many twists and turns! Maybe even too many as I end up having a hard time keeping it all in my mind while watching. It seems like no sooner they reveal one answer it leaves you with two more questions. The cast is very good... don't dislike anyone's performance. There is a lot of likable characters here. I like Jack... I like Claire... I just plain get a kick out of Hurley.... and Locke is great for keeping you guessing.

Now I need to get myself through season 2... that way I can work my way to the episodes I never seen before. I hear this show starts to get increasingly weirder from season 3 on. Hopefully not too weird! I also heard that the series finale was less then satisfying. So while I am enjoying this series very much at this point... I am preparing myself to be less then pleased as the series goes on.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 25, 2012, 02:37:29 AM »
I didn't feel up to doing a full review... but I have already watched all of Lost: Season 2 and am on disc 3 of Lost: Season 3. I am still enjoying every minute of the show. Not much too weird yet, imo.

I just finished watching the episode where Hugo finds the van in the woods. I don't drive... and I am the first to admit I know next to nothing about cars... but even I know there is no way that van would have started!  ::) :P
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:41:08 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 07, 2012, 08:49:55 PM »
     Home Improvement: The Complete Second Season (1992/United States)

Plug in the power drill and break out the socket wrenches! Tim Allen hammers home the laughs as Tim "The Toolman" Taylor in HOME IMPROVEMENT'S hilarious second season. Tim and his level-headed wife, Jill, undertake the challenge of raising three young, mischievous boys. It's a tough project, but with insightful advice from his wise (and only partially seen) next door neighbor, Wilson, they're able to get the job done.

Now you can own all 25 episodes of the show's second season in this comprehensive 3-Disc DVD set. And with exclusive bonus features, it's a must-have for any HOME IMPROVEMENT collection.

Episodes:
1. Read My Hips
2. Rites and Wrongs of Passage
3. Overactive Glance
4. Groin Pain
5. Heavy Meddle
6. The Haunting of Taylor House
7. Roomie for Improvement
8. May The Best Man Win
9. Where There's a Will, There's a Way
10. Let's Did Lunch
11. Abandoned Family
12. I'm Scheming of a White Christmas
13. Bell Bottom Blues
14. Howard's End
15. Love is a Many Splintered Thing
16. Dances With Tools
17. Driving Me Crazy, Driving Me Nuts
18. Bye Bye Birdie
19. Karate or Not, Here I Come
20. Shooting Three to Make Tutu
21. Much Ado About Nana
22. Ex Marks the Spot
23. To Build or Not to Build
24. Birth of a Hot Rod
25. The Great Race

Stars:
Tim Allen as Tim Taylor
Patricia Richardson as Jill Taylor
Taran Noah Smith as Mark Taylor
Jonathan Taylor Thomas as Randy Taylor
Zachery Ty Bryan as Brad Taylor
Earl Hindman as Wilson
Richard Karn as Al Borland

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Just finished off the season 2 set I got for my birthday. I forgot how much I enjoyed this series. I enjoyed this set so much that shortly after I started it I went ahead and ordered season 3 (which arrived today... perfect timing!). This show offers up a lot of laughs. I like all the characters... and the cast works well together. This is the last season that Pamela Anderson played the Tool Time Girl... Lisa... Beginning of next season they have Debbi Dunning as Heidi. Which makes me happy as I always liked Heidi better. Any way... a great sitcom... definitely recommend it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 08, 2012, 12:54:49 AM »
     Sabrina the Teenage Witch: The Sixth Season: Disc One (2001/United States)

1. Really Big Season Opener
When Sabrina and Miles make a horror film, a real vampire auditions for the lead. Hilda and Zelda try to scare a classroom of kids who don't scare easily.

2. Sabrina's Date with Destiny
Josh returns from Europe, but then immediately accepts a job offer in Prague. Now Sabrina needs to convince him to stay. The college president falls for Hilda.

3. What's News
Sabrina's thrilled when Josh gets a job on a newspaper, but not so thrilled about his boss. Miles makes a film to impress girls, and Morgan dates a familiar face.

4. Murder on the Halloween Express
Salem suggests that Sabrina and her mortal friends board the Halloween train and solve a murder-mystery, not realizing there's magic involved.

5. The Gift of Gab
Roxie proves to be a hit - and Sabrina bombs - when the two roommates get their own radio show at school. A stray dog tries to horn in on Salem's territory.

6. Thin Ice
After Harvey gets injured playing ice hockey, Sabrina supplies him with magic skates - but the coach has them bronzed. Zelda doesn't realize she cloned Salem.

7. Hex, Lies and No Videotape
Now an intern at Josh's newspaper, Sabrina wants to keep their relationship secret - until her boss develops a crush on Josh. Hilda loses Morgan in ancient Rome.

Stars:
Melissa Joan Hart as Sabrina Spellman
Caroline Rhea as Hilda Spellman
Beth Broderick as Zelda Spellman
Nick Bakay as the voice of Salem
Trevor Lissauer as Miles
Elisa Donovan as Morgan
Soleil Moon Frye as Roxie

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Another of my favorite older sitcoms. Unfortunately when it originally aired the series moved to another channel after season 4... so never got to see the episodes from season 5 on up. But the good thing about that is that I am getting to see episodes I never seen before now on DVD. And that is always a fun thing! I just finished the first disc in this sixth season set. I really enjoyed most all the episodes. While the Halloween episode was enjoyable it wasn't my favorite episode on the disc. And while my daughter won't agree with me... it isn't the best Halloween episode of the series. My favorite episode on this disc (would have been a good Halloween episode) has to be Really Big Season Opener. I was also glad to see them bring Harvey back for some episodes... I like him much better then Sabrina's new boyfriend. I am really looking forward to the next disc... but I am in the mood to start mixing it up some. So first I am going to watch a disc from another series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 08, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »
     Sabrina the Teenage Witch: The Sixth Season: Disc Two (2001/United States)

8. Humble Pie
After Morgan mismanages her money, her father cuts her off and she's forced to look for a job. Hilda learns that Zelda's boyfriend is seeing another woman.

9. Birthday Witch
Sabrina's plans for her birthday dinner are ruined after her mean Aunt Irma insists on interrogating Harvey. Roxie's rocker ex-boyfriend pays a visit.

10. Deliver Us From e-Mail
Just as intern Sabrina starts pitching smart ideas at the newspaper, her evil twin Katrina sends her a computer virus that turns her into a self-centered airhead.

11. Cloud Ten
When Sabrina feels stressed out, she contacts her travel agent friend, who takes her to a place where there are no worries at all. The aunts invest in real estate.

12. Sabrina and the Candidate
Hoping to prove herself as a serious reporter, Sabrina tries to uncover dirt on a popular political candidate. Meanwhile, Hilda throws her hat into the ring.

13. I Think I Love You
After Josh tells Sabrina he loves her, Sabrina wants to say the same thing, but it comes out in a cartoon voice. Morgan plays the aunts against each other.

14. The Arrangement
Aunt Irma arranges a marriage between her favorite niece Sabrina and a handsome warlock, who promptly falls for Roxie, Sabrina's mortal roommate.

Stars:
Melissa Joan Hart as Sabrina Spellman
Caroline Rhea as Hilda Spellman
Beth Broderick as Zelda Spellman
Nick Bakay as the voice of Salem
Elisa Donovan as Morgan
David Lascher as Josh
Trevor Lissauer as Miles

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Finished the second disc (and started the third).... While these episodes weren't quite as good as the ones on the first disc... they almost were. I must say I got a kick out of seeing Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie) in a couple episodes as another of Sabrina's aunts. My favorite episode on this disc?... has to be Birthday Witch... though Really Big Season Opener remains my favorite of the season.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 13, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »
     Stargate SG-1: Season 1: Volume 1: Disc 1 (1997/United States)

Episode 1: Children of the Gods
As Colonel Jack O'Neill and his team journey to Abydos to confront deadly warriors and laser-firing Death Gliders, O'Neill realizes that this new mission seems hauntingly familiar and that an old enemy has returned to take his revenge on Earth.

Episode 2: The Enemy Within
In this suspenseful tale of 'survival of the fittest,' O'Neill and the SG-1 team must attempt to remove a Goa'uld larva that has infected Kawalsky's brain...but time is running out!

Episode 3: Emancipation
On the planet of Simarka, where the fierce race of Shavadai mistreat females, Carter challenges their mysogynistic ways in a thrilling battle of wits that may bring women equity or forever keep them as second-class citizens.

Stars:
Richard Dean Anderson as Colonel Jack O'Neill
Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson
Amanda Tapping as Captain Samantha Carter
Christopher Judge as Teal'c
Don S. Davis as Maj. General George Hammond

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I was thrilled when I got the complete series set yesterday evening. I couldn't wait to pop in the first disc. I have seen the first season of this series before. But it has been several years since I last saw it. Basically I remember the main plot of the series.... but not of the individual episodes.

This first disc contains the first three episodes. The pilot episode... Children of the Gods... is a double length episode. And it is my favorite episode of the three. They did a fantastic job coming off the theatrical movie Stargate. The second episode... The Enemy Within isn't really much more then a conclusion to the pilot episode. But still a very good episode in it's own right. The final episode on this disc... Emancipation... I felt was excellent. The episode is a big one for Amanda Tapping's character Captain Samantha Carter.

All three episodes on this disc kept my full attention.... and kept me thoroughly entertained. Going by this first disc... it is of no surprise what so ever to me that the series lasted for 10 seasons. I am more then thrilled I now have the opportunity to watch the entire series. I can see it now that this series can easily rank up there with my favorite Sci-Fi series! If you never seen this show before I highly recommend you give it a try.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete