Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 249873 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #975 on: January 24, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »
Makes me feel old. :P
Actually we are, remember that we first play it putting quarters at an arcade :whistle:
To make us feel even older, 25¢ was what I earned to mow the lawn those days :laugh:

I didn't really care too much for that one when it aired

I didn't either, but maybe Brittany would. But I really doubt it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 24, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »
Actually we are, remember that we first play it putting quarters at an arcade :whistle:
To make us feel even older, 25¢ was what I earned to mow the lawn those days :laugh:
Shhhhhh... we don't discuss those things!  :bag: :laugh:

I'll mention it to her... but I also really doubt it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 25, 2012, 11:09:49 PM »
     The Love Boat: Season One: Volume One (1977/United States)

For the first time on DVD, its time to set sail on the high larious seas with Captain Stubing (Gavin MacLeod), Doc (Bernie Kopell), Gopher (Fred Grandy), Isaac the bartender (Ted Lange), Julie your Cruise Director (Lauren Tewes) and a boatload of memorable guest stars that will keep you laughing from port to port on their search for romance. Enjoy this 3 disc set with the first 12 classic episodes that kept you home on Saturday nights...The Love Boat™ promises something for everyone.

Stars:
Gavin MacLeod as Your Captain
Bernie Kopell as Your Ship's Doctor
Fred Grandy as Your Ship's Purser
Ted Lange as Your Bartender
Lauren Tewes as Julie, Your Cruise Director

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
I have had this set for just over a year now... and I finally got around to finishing it. This set contains the first twelve episodes of season one. It is a series I grew up watching. It is one of the first hour long comedies I remember seeing... something that still don't happen that often. It seems that usually comedies run in the half hour format. One of my favorite things about this series has always been seeing all the well-known guest stars... I especially liked the ones I knew from other TV series. The guest stars that I am familiar with in this set include...

Meredith Baxter Birney   
Bonnie Franklin
Suzanne Somers
Jimmie Walker
Sherman Hemsley
Jaclyn Smith
Scott Baio
Kristy McNichol
Robert Reed
Loretta Swit
Milton Berle
Bill Bixby
Audra Lindley
Jim Nabors
Patty Duke
Robert Hegyes
Maureen McCormick   
Steve Allen
Sandy Duncan
Gary Burghoff
Jane Curtin
Phil Silvers
Eva Gabor
Al Molinaro
Leslie Nielsen
Rob Urich
Florence Henderson
Donna Mills
Dick Sargent
Pat Morita
Tom Poston
Anson Williams

I enjoyed watching this set... it has been so many years since I seen this series. It is a fun show with a lot of great characters. I also have the season 1 vol. 2 set as well to look forward to in the near future.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #978 on: January 29, 2012, 04:54:36 AM »

Now I feel old too.  I remember watching that cartoon.
Must be why my back is so achy after working...well..I lost track of how many hours since Monday.  Too many.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 30, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »
     8 Simple Rules: The Complete Second Season (2003/United States)

An all-star cast including David Spade and James Garner drops in to help Cate (Katey Sagal) cope with the loss of family patriarch Paul (the late John Ritter). Now she finds herself laying down the 8 rules to keep up with three teenagers on her own. Laughter is the healer this season, as the Hennessys discover life's ups and downs and the strength of their family.

Episodes:
1. Premiere
2. Sex Ed
3. Donny Goes AWOL
4. Goodbye
5. No Right Way
6. What Dad Would Want
7. My First Thanksgiving
8. Merry Christmas: The Story of Anne Frank and Skeevy
9. YMCA
10. Get Real
11. Consequences
12. Opposites Attract: Part 1
13. Opposites Attract: Part 2
14. Opposites Attract: Part 3
15. Daddy's Girl
16. Mall in the Family
17. Let's Keep Going: Part 1
18. Let's Keep Going: Part 2
19. C.J.'s Party
20. Mother's Day
21. The Principal
22. Finale: Part Un
23. Finale: Part Deux

Stars:
John Ritter as Paul Hennessy
Katey Sagal as Cate Hennessy
Kaley Cuoco as Bridget Hennessy
Amy Davidson as Kerry Hennessy
Martin Spanjers as Rory Hennessy
James Garner as Jim
David Spade as C.J.

Extras:
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
After watching and enjoying the first season so much I just couldn't wait to watch the second season. Though I did go into this season with much lower expectations... as this is the season that they were producing when John Ritter passed away. And quite frankly, I couldn't really imagine the series without him. But I must say... I still enjoyed the series a lot. It really wasn't the same without him. I would even go as far as not as good... but I still enjoyed it. John Ritter was in the first 3 episodes of this season. When he passed they also killed off his character. That episode, as well as the next couple, was some of the saddest moments I remember seeing in a sitcom before. Though that could be because I knew that is when John Ritter actually passed away as well. But I am sure that a lot of the sadness in these episodes was real for the entire cast and fans alike. After his death they added James Garner as  Kate's father—the kid's grandfather—to the cast. Shortly after that they added David Spade as C.J., Kate's nephew—the kid's cousin—to the cast. At first I didn't care for the character of C.J. but it didn't take it long for him to grow on me.

As I said... while I liked the first season better... this season is still good. Looking online at the episode guides I see there is still one more season of the series. So now I really want to see it. But unfortunately it seems it was never released on DVD! I so hate when they release an entire series except the last season! But maybe I will still get lucky and it will be released sooner or later.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 06, 2012, 11:03:57 PM »
     Justice League: Season One: DC Comics Classic Collection (2001/United States)

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl – they have all saved countless lives from unspeakable dangers, using their unique powers to fight evil on Earth and across the galaxy. And until now, they have all worked alone. But after an alien invasion that took their combined powers to defeat, these seven super heroes unite to become the Justice League.

These 26 adventures feature battles with favorite villains like Lex Luthor, Vandal Savage and sorceress Morgan Le Fey. Acts of justice include saving Aquaman from a coup, clearing Green Lantern's name in a charge of genocide and freeing slaves on the distant planet War World. From the smash hit TV series, these triumphant tales of titanic teamwork will enthrall and inspire!

Episodes:
1. Secret Origins Part 1
2. Secret Origins Part 2
3. Secret Origins Part 3
4. In Blackest Night Part 1
5. In Blackest Night Part 2
6. The Enemy Below Part 1
7. The Enemy Below Part 2
8. Paradise Lost Part 1
9. Paradise Lost Part 2
10. War World Part 1
11. War World Part 2
12. The Brave and the Bold Part 1
13. The Brave and the Bold Part 2
14. Fury Part 1
15. Fury Part 2
16. Legends Part 1
17. Legends Part 2
18. Injustice for All Part 1
19. Injustice for All Part 2
20. A Knight of Shadows Part 1
21. A Knight of Shadows Part 2
22. Metamorphosis Part 1
23. Metamorphosis Part 2
24. The Savage Time Part 1
25. The Savage Time Part 2
26. The Savage Time Part 3

Stars:
Kevin Conroy as Batman (Voice)
Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman (Voice)
Carl Lumbly as J'onn J'onzz (Voice)
George Newbern as Superman (Voice)
Michael Rosenbaum as Flash (Voice)

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching this first season set that my daughter was nice enough to give me. This first season is the only episodes of this series I have seen before.... but it has been a while. I enjoyed every minute of watching these episodes again. Now I am looking forward to watching the second season. It will be nice to see episodes I never seen before. It is really hard to pick a favorite episode... or I should say storyline since all the storylines were multiple episodes... as I enjoyed them all so much. But if pushed I think I would go with the 3 part season finale. While I enjoyed every minute of this... I do have just one complaint. That they made Wonder Woman be able to fly. I realize she did fly in some comic book incarnations... but I always preferred the version where she couldn't fly and she had the invisible jet. Mainly because that is how I knew of her growing up watching the Lynda Carter series and cartoons at that time. But after a while I got used to it... so it really is a minor complaint.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 10, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »
     Justice League: Season Two: DC Comics Classic Collection (2003/United States)

Dangers across the galaxy threaten Earth – and the only obstacle to the annihilation of the human race is the Justice League: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl! But having super powers doesn't make these heroes immune to human nature. Deep-rooted feelings of mistrust and insecurity surface and plague the League, causing internal strife and leaving them vulnerable to attacks from their enemies. But when one of their own commits the ultimate betrayal, it could be the end of the Justice League and Earth forever. Don't miss one second of suspense or one iota of excitement with this 4-disc, 26-episode collection.

Episodes:
1. Twilight Part 1
2. Twilight Part 2
3. Tabula Rasa Part 1
4. Tabula Rasa Part 2
5. Only a Dream Part 1
6. Only a Dream Part 2
7. Maid of Honor Part 1
8. Maid of Honor Part 2
9. Hearts and Minds Part 1
10. Hearts and Minds Part 2
11. A Better World Part 1
12. A Better World Part 2
13. Eclipsed Part 1
14. Eclipsed Part 2
15. The Terror Beyond Part 1
16. The Terror Beyond Part 2
17. The Secret Society Part 1
18. The Secret Society Part 2
19. Hereafter Part 1
20. Hereafter Part 2
21. Comfort and Joy
22. Wild Card Part 1
23. Wild Card Part 2
24. Starcrossed Part 1
25. Starcrossed Part 2
26. Starcrossed Part 3

Stars:
Kevin Conroy as Batman (Voice)
Maria Canals as Hawkgirl (Voice)
Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman (Voice)
Carl Lumbly as J'onn J'onzz (Voice)
George Newbern as Superman (Voice)

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished off the second season of Justice League. These are episodes I never seen before. And I must admit... I am enjoying this show more and more. There is a lot of excellent episodes in the second season, but the 3 part season finale really blew me away! It felt like watching a movie more so then three episodes of the series. I still can't believe how it ended with Hawkgirl... not to mention with the Watchtower. I can't believe I have to stop watching at this point for a while. I am going to have to make sure to get the next set with my very next order!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 12, 2012, 09:48:57 PM »
     Monk: Season Six (2007/United States)

Get even more obsessed with TV's funniest and quirkiest detective series, Monk, as every episode from the smash-hit sixth season comes to DVD on 4 discs! Tony Shalhoub reprises his 3-time Primetime Emmy® Award- and Golden Globe®-winning role as the brilliant but phobia-laden detective Adrian Monk, who never lets his obsessive-compulsive disorder stop him from solving a crime in the most ingenious way imaginable! Dropping the clues this season are a roster of red-hot guest stars including Alfred Molina, David Koechner, Sarah Silverman, Snoop Dogg, Angela Kinsey and Vincent Ventresca. Take a tip from an insider: you'll be "committed" to the best detective series now on TV!

Episodes:
1. Mr. Monk and His Biggest Fan
2. Mr. Monk and the Rapper
3. Mr. Monk and the Naked Man
4. Mr. Monk and the Bad Girlfriend'
5. Mr. Monk and the Birds and the Bees
6. Mr. Monk and the Buried Treasure
7. Mr. Monk and the Daredevil
8. Mr. Monk and the Wrong Man
9. Mr. Monk Is Up All Night
10. Mr. Monk and the Man Who Shot Santa
11. Mr. Monk Joins a Cult
12. Mr. Monk Goes to the Bank
13. Mr. Monk and the Three Julies
14. Mr. Monk Paints His Masterpiece
15. Mr. Monk Is On the Run: Part I
16. Mr. Monk Is On the Run: Part II

Stars:
Tony Shalhoub as Adrian Monk
Traylor Howard as Natalie Teeger
Jason Gray-Stanford as Disher
Ted Levine as Stottlemeyer

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:
I just finished this set. This is a series I only ever watched on DVD as I got the sets. It took me a long time to get this season set. Matter of fact it has been 5 years since I bought and watched season 5! I don't know how I got so far behind... because I really enjoy this series a lot! The show has a great combination of crime mystery and comedy. And this season is no different. I enjoyed it a lot. The balance between mystery and comedy seems perfect to me. Thankfully I won't have to wait another 5 years to see season seven... as I already bought that one as well. But I do still need to get my hands on season 8 (the final season)!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 16, 2012, 01:09:05 AM »
     Scrubs: The Complete First Season (2001/United States)

Check into the surreal world of Sacred Heart Hospital, where the staff is bizarre and the laughter is contagious. Fresh-faced J.D. (Zach Braff) and his fellow new medical residents weave their way through each unpredictable day with hilarious results. Scrubs is "a masterpiece," raves Matthew Gilbert of The Boston Globe.

Now relive all 24 episodes of the groundbreaking show's highly acclaimed first season. With a host of great bonus features, including deleted scenes and a fascinating retrospective documentary, this spectacular three-DVD set is off-the-charts entertainment you'll want to watch over and over again.

EPISODES:
1. My First Day (Pilot)
2. My Mentor
3. My Best Friend's Mistake
4. My Old Lady
5. My Two Dads
6. My Bad
7. My Super Ego
8. My Fifteen Minutes
9. My Day Off
10. My Nickname
11. My Own Personal Jesus
12. My Blind Date
13. My Balancing Act
14. My Drug Buddy
15. My Bed Banter & Beyond
16. My Heavy Meddle
17. My Student
18. My Tuscaloosa Heart
19. My Old Man
20. My Way Or The Highway
21. My Sacrificial Clam
22. My Occurrence
23. My Hero
24. My Last Day

Stars:
Zach Braff as Dr. John "J.D." Dorian
Sarah Chalke as Dr. Elliot Reid
Donald Faison as Dr. Chris Turk
Ken Jenkins as Dr. Bob Kelso
John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox
Judy Reyes as Nurse Carla Espinosa
Neil Flynn as Janitor

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Interviews
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a series I discovered on DVD a few years back. It is odd because I usually don't go for this silly stuff, where you see what people are fantasizing about and such. But in the case of Scrubs it works well. I find I enjoy every moment of it. After watching so much drama here lately... it felt good to watch something this lighthearted and silly. So much so that I think I will continue and watch the second season as well. I like the entire cast in this one... it is a real fun ensemble. Before I started to watch this show I was feeling in a bit of a funk... but this show was able to pull me out of that rather quickly. This first season didn't have many familiar faces as guest stars... but I did  notice Louie Anderson, Jimmie Walker, John Ritter and Brendan Fraser.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 16, 2012, 10:58:06 PM »
     Scrubs: The Complete Second Season (2002/United States)

Make an appointment with Scrubs. Nominated for two Emmy® Awards in its second year, the hilarious sitcom is "irreverent and wildly inventive," raves TV Guide.

Will J.D. get together with Elliot, and will Carla finally accept Turk's wedding proposal? The wacky staff of Sacred Heart Hospital is back, and they've brought along some guest stars (Heather Locklear, Tom Cavanagh and John Ritter) for a booster shot of laughs.

Enjoy all 22 episodes of Scrubs sensational second season - with the original, unedited music. Overflowing with great bonus features, including a one on one with John C. McGinley, outtakes and deleted scenes, this spectacular DVD box set offers the best kind of contagious comedy.

EPISODES:
1. My Overkill
2. My Nightingale
3. My Case Study
4. My Big Mouth
5. My New Coat
6. My Big Brother
7. My First Step
8. My Fruit Cups
9. My Lucky Day
10. My Monster
11. My Sex Buddy
12. My New Old Friend
13. My Philosophy
14. My Brother, My Keeper
15. His Story
16. My Karma
17. My Own Private Practice Guy
18. My T.C.W.
19. My Kingdom
20. My Interpretation
21. My Drama Queen
22. My Dream Job

Stars:
Zach Braff as Dr. John "J.D." Dorian
Sarah Chalke as Dr. Elliot Reid
Donald Faison as Dr. Chris Turk
Ken Jenkins as Dr. Bob Kelso
John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox
Judy Reyes as Nurse Carla Espinosa
Neil Flynn as Janitor

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I watched the entire second season just since last night. Took me less then a day to watch all 22 episodes. Once again... I enjoyed watching the show very much. It is just so much fun in such a silly way. To be honest I am surprised I enjoy it as much as I do... as the constant silliness usually puts me off. But this series really does it well. Once again we get to see a few good guest stars. The second season you get to see Heather Locklear, Dick Van Dyke, D.L. Hughley, Jay Mohr, Jay Leno, Amy Smart, Rick Schroder and Ryan Reynolds. Now the only thing I need to do is decide if I want to go on to the third season or not. I am definitely enjoying revisiting the series.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 29, 2012, 12:03:44 AM »
     Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: The Complete Series (2006/United States)

What goes on behind the scenes of a nationwide late-night comedy sketch show? Aaron Sorkin, creator of The West Wing, answers that question with a must-see show within a show filled with engaging characters, ear-grabbing dialogue and a Hollywood hive of insider buzz.

Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford portray the likable hotshots brought in to revive NBS-TV's sagging flagship comedy series and Amanda Peet plays their savvy boss in episodes exploring the lives and loves of and the make-or-break creative pressures on the show's staff. Panic. Chaos. Fear. Sleep deprivation. Just make sure it's funny by Friday. Because that's when a nation tunes in to Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Cold Open
3. The Focus Group
4. The West Coast Delay
5. The Long Lead Story
6. The Wrap Party
7. Nevada Day, Part I
8. Nevada Day, Part II
9. The Option Period
10. B-12
11. The Christmas Show
12. Monday
13. The Harriet Dinner, Part I
14. The Harriet Dinner, Part II
15. The Friday Night Slaughter
16. 4AM Miracle
17. The Disaster Show
18. Breaking News
19. K&R, Part I
20. K&R, Part II
21. K&R, Part III
22. What Kind of Day Has It Been

Stars:
Matthew Perry as Matt Albie
Amanda Peet as Jordan McDeere
Bradley Whitford as Danny Tripp
Steven Weber as Jack Rudolph
D. L. Hughley as Simon Stiles
Sarah Paulson as Harriet Hayes
Nate Corddry as Tom Jeter
Simon Helberg as Alex

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
This is a short lived (1 Season) series that I enjoyed every second of. It is a show I never missed when it originally aired.... I was shocked when I found out it was being canceled after only one season. Including the original airing... this is the third time I have seen this series. And I must say... I think I enjoyed it more now then I did the first time I saw it. This series has everything from hilarious comedy to serious drama that tugs at the heart strings. The cast is great.... you really get drawn in and care about the characters. And the last episode... while works great as a season finale... it also is fine for a series finale as there is no unanswered questions. Though it does leave you wanting more. It is a nice DVD release... though I would have liked to seen a few more extras. Unfortunately all you get is one Commentary on the first disc... and then one featurette (24min) on the last disc. This is one I definitely recommend checking out if you get the chance.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 02, 2012, 08:26:42 PM »
     Charmed: The Complete First Season (1998/United States)

The discovery that they are descendants of a long line of witches finds three sisters battling demons and warlocks - and occasionally each other.

When the beautiful Halliwell sisters inherit a house from their grandmother and discover a secret "Book Of Shadows," they learn that they each have a unique power. The strong-willed Prue (Shannen Doherty) can move objects, reserved Piper (Holly Marie Combs) is able to freeze time, and the uninhibited Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) sees the future. Individually, each is strong, but it is only by putting aside their differences and banding together as the "Power of Three" that they will be able to protect the innocent and vanquish evil. Each exciting episode in this richly layered series is a supernatural adventure brewing with suspense and humor.

Episodes:

01. Something Wicca This Way Comes
02. I've Got You Under My Skin
03. Thank You For Not Morphing
04. Dead Man Dating
05. Dream Sorcerer
06. The Wedding From Hell
07. The Fourth Sister
08. The Truth Is Out There And It Hurts
09. The Witch Is Back
10. Wicca Envy
11. Feats Of Clay
12. The Wendigo
13. From Fear To Eternity
14. Secrets And Guys
15. Is There A Woogy In The House?
16. Which Prue Is It Anyway?
17. That '70s Episode
18. When Bad Warlocks Turn Good
19. Out Of Sight
20. The Power Of Two
21. Love Hurts
22. Deja Vu All Over Again

Stars:
Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell
Holly Marie Combs as Piper Halliwell
T. W. King as Inspector Andy Trudeau
Dorian Gregory as Inspector Darryl Morris
Alyssa Milano as Phoebe Halliwell

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is one of my all time favorite series. It is one I never missed. Being completely hooked from the pilot episode till the series finale eight years later. While I really like all the actresses playing the sisters... my favorite has to be Holly Marie Combs. A shame I haven't watched her in much of anything since. All these years later... after multiple viewings... I find myself just as much hooked on the series this time around as I was the very first time I seen it. Granted it has been three years since I watched it. While I really enjoyed each and every one of the episodes here in the first season... I do have my favorites. Some of my favorites from season one include...

- Something Wicca This Way Comes
- Dead Man Dating
- The Wendigo
- That '70s Episode
- Deja Vu All Over Again

Now that I completed the first season... I am anxious to start the second season. Only 7 more seasons to go to watch the entire series again!  :P

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 05, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »
     Charmed: The Complete Second Season (1999/United States)

The Halliwell sisters are back... and they've got "the power of three"! Charmed: The Complete Second Season casts a spell of excitement, adventure and fun as Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) continue their journey as modern-day witches.

From the intense season opener, when the trio battles an old foe who attempts to render then powerless, to the suspense-filled, and at times very humorous season finale, these beauitiful heroines will have you wish for more. Their foes are stronger, Their powers are growing, and the suypernatural has even more unique ways of disrupting their drama-filled personal lives just when to het it together. Each exciting episode of Charmed: The Complete Second Season continues to work magic that made this critically acclaimed audiencefavorite a force to be reckoned with.

Episodes:
1. Witch Trial
2. Morality Bites
3. The Painted World
4. The Devil's Music
5. She's A Man, Baby, A Man!
6. That Old Black Magic
7. They're Everywhere
8. P3 H2O
9. Ms. Hellfire
10. Heartbreak City
11. Reckless Abandon
12. Awakened
13. Animal Pragmatism
14. Pardon My Past
15. Give Me A Sign
16. Murphy's Luck
17. How To Make A Quilt Out Of Americans
18. Chick Flick
19. Ex Libris
20. Astral Monkey
21. Apocalypse, Not
22. Be Careful What You Witch For

Stars:
Greg Vaughan as Dan Gordon
Karis Paige Bryant as Jenny Gordon
Brian Krause as Leo Wyatt

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I have so gotten into watching Charmed again! That being said... this season did go downhill a little for me. But that is mainly because this season the sisters decided to open a night club. So there is a little too much music in it for my taste. Other then that... there is still a lot of great episodes in this season. Unfortunately the season finale wasn't one of them. It wasn't as good as most the mid-season episodes...and I came to expect more from season finales then most other episodes. Also while OK... I never cared much for the new neighbors. But none of these complaints really took much at all away from the enjoyment of the series. Some of my favorite episodes of the second season includes...

2. Morality Bites
8. P3 H2O
12. Awakened
18. Chick Flick

I did like that this season they gave Leo such a bigger part in the series... one that continues to grow through-out the entire series. As I always liked his character. But as I said... over-all another great season of Charmed... looking forward to getting to the third season. Which I plan to do as soon as I finish posting this review.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 08, 2012, 01:49:44 AM »
     Charmed: The Complete Third Season (2000/United States)

Three times is a charm! Charmed: The Complete Third Season has three times the power, as well as all of the supernatural thrills and excitement, as the Charmed Ones -- Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) -- deal with being modern-day witches.

How could life get any more complicated for the Halliwell sisters? One learns that her greatest love is also her greatest enemy; another defies The Powers That Be to marry; and tragedy unexpectedly befalls the third, leaving the sisters powerless to stop it.

The perfect potion of suspense-filled adventure, crafty humor and dynamic heroines casts a spell that brings you 22 episodes of pure viewing magic.

Episodes:
1. The Honeymoon's Over
2. Magic Hour
3. Once Upon a Time
4. All Halliwell's Eve
5. Sight Unseen
6. Primrose Empath
7. Power Outage
8. Sleuthing with the Enemy
9. Coyote Piper
10. We All Scream For Ice Cream
11. Blinded By the Whitelighter
12. Wrestling With Demons
13. Bride And Gloom
14. The Good, The Bad and the Cursed
15. Just Harried
16. Death Takes a Halliwell
17. Pre-Witched
18. Sin Francisco
19. The Demon Who Came in From the Cold
20. Exit Strategy
21. Look Who's Barking
22. All Hell Breaks Loose

Stars:
Julian McMahon as Cole Turner

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Another season of one of my favorite series down. Much like the second season... there is things I like about this season and things I didn't. I am glad that P3 isn't as big of a part of the series as it was last season. The main thing I didn't like about this season... is it is the season where Cole was first introduced... and while I know he is a popular character with the fans... I never liked him. But despite him... I still enjoy the series very much. Some of my favorite episodes from the third season are...

4. All Halliwell's Eve
9. Coyote Piper
10. We All Scream For Ice Cream
15. Just Harried
22. All Hell Breaks Loose

Next up is season 4 which introduces half-sister Paige Matthews... a character that I did like!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 13, 2012, 07:19:02 PM »
     Charmed: The Complete Fourth Season (2001/United States)

The Charmed ones, modern-day urban witches Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan), move into Season Four with deeper, darker and more deftly crafted stories. As Piper and Phoebe struggle with the loss of their older sister, they discover the existence of half-sister Paige Matthews. Possessing the power to orb as a half-Whitelighter, Paige joins the Halliwell sisters to recreate the magical triad that protects the innocent and vanquishes evil. But all may be lost as Cole's (Julian McMahon) demonic side takes over, and Leo (Brian Krause) must face his past if he is to help the sisters in a battle that could destroy them all.

With intriguing characters, amazing special effects and the perfect brew of suspense, drama, and humor, each exciting episode in this fascinating supernatural series casts a gripping spell.

Episodes:
1. Charmed Again
2. Hell Hath No Fury
3. Enter The Demon
4. Size Matters
5. A Knight To Remember
6. Brain Drain
7. Black as Cole
8. Muse To My Ears
9. Paige From My Past
10. Trial By Magic
11. Lost and Bound
12. Charmed and Dangerous
13. Three Faces Of Phoebe
14. Marry-Go-Round
15. Fifth Halliwheel
16. Saving Private Leo
17. Bite Me
18. We're Off To See The Wizard
19. Long Live The Queen
20. Womb Raider
21. Witch Way Now

Stars:
Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
Julian McMahon as Cole Turner

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I just finished the fourths season. This is the season that introduces Rose McGowan as the girls half sister Paige Matthews. While I miss seeing Shannen Doherty... Rose McGowan still impressed me. I remember when this series originally aired that I was concerned with the change in cast... but it didn't take long for me to embrace the new Power of Three. It was actually a very smooth transition that didn't hurt the series at all. We still need to put up with the character of Cole Turner... my least favorite character in the entire Charmed universe. Matter of fact he will still be in about half the episodes of the next season as well. I will be so glad to get past his episodes. Favorite episode of the season?.... hard choice, there is so many very good episodes... but I will have to go with Bite Me. You really shouldn't be surprised by this... after all it is an episode dealing with vampires. Just like all the previous seasons... no extras offered in this set. Matter of fact only the last season has any extras.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete