Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 248140 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #720 on: February 26, 2011, 05:57:56 PM »
I don't remember any of it too well (well except for season 1 now).  :P
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #721 on: February 26, 2011, 06:03:05 PM »
I also remember that the character of Buddy (Willie Aames) became more and more stupid with each successive season...  :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 26, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »
Is that even possible?  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #723 on: February 27, 2011, 02:56:16 AM »
I remember a little from season 2...sort of remember the new family. 
At one point, Charles's mother turns up..she owns a pizza shop I think.

And yes, Buddy does seem to get more stupid.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 27, 2011, 10:08:06 PM »
The New Adventures of Superman
Originally produced by Filmation Associates, this animated Superman was among the first Saturday morning cartoon shows showcasing the adventures of a Super Hero. In each suspenseful, action-packed six-minute caper, Superman defeats out-of-this-world dangers like mermen living beneath the Earth's core, energy controlling aliens and time-traveling magicians. Favorite villains the Toyman, Brainiac and archnemesis Lex Luthor also challenge the Man of Steel, but he doles out justice with the simple mantra "This is a job for Superman™." These 36 episodes of retro fun will make younger and older spirits soar!

Episodes:
1. The Force Phantom
2. Mermen Of Emor
3. The Prehistoric Pterodactyls
4. Merlin's Magic Marbles
5. The Threat of the Thrutans
6. The Wicked Warlock
7. The Chimp Who Made It Big
8. The Deadly Icebergs
9. Robot of Riga
10. The Invisible Raiders
11. Neolithic Nightmare
12. The Return of Brainiac

My Thoughts:
I felt like I wanted a real blast from the past... so it was time to pop in this DVD I just got the other day. Watching this cartoon again really brought me back. I was feeling like a kid again. I felt like changing into a pair of pajamas and making myself a nice big sugary bowl of cereal that would be sure to rot my teeth. Maybe some Count Chocula or Frankenberry... would even settle for some Boo-Berry. Do they still make these cereals? I haven't even thought of them in God knows how long! I just asked Britt and she remembers them from a few years back. I am thinking maybe they were bringing them back out for Halloween a few years back. But think even that stopped. But I know Britt don't remember this...

:laugh:

Wow! what a blast from the past! Fun!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 05, 2011, 08:15:37 PM »
Medium: The Complete Second Season: Disc 2
Sweet Dreams
A recurrent dream of her high-school friend who disappeared seems to be connected to the case Allison is working on with Detective Scanlon - the disappearance of a councilman's daughter.

Dead Aim
Not only is Allison dreaming about a massacre at the D.A.'s office, she comes to find out that a defendant's attorney is also using a psychic...and winning the case against her boss.

Judge, Jury & Executioner
The D.A. is prosecuting a charismatic man who may have murdered his wife for her millions, but Allison can't discuss the case with Joe. He's serving on the jury!

Too Close To Call
If the crime in Allison's dream actually occurs, it could have a disastrous effect on the outcome of Devalos's re-election bid. Meanwhile, Joe runs into an old girlfriend who needs his help.

My thoughts:
Felt like a disc of this series today. So I picked up where I left off earlier this year. I enjoyed all the episodes on this disc. Though I wouldn't say they are favorites of the series (or even the season)... every one of them are well worth watching.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #726 on: March 05, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »
addicted2dvd wrote:
I felt like I wanted a real blast from the past... so it was time to pop in this DVD I just got the other day. Watching this cartoon again really brought me back. I was feeling like a kid again. I felt like changing into a pair of pajamas and making myself a nice big sugary bowl of cereal that would be sure to rot my teeth. Maybe some Count Chocula or Frankenberry... would even settle for some Boo-Berry. Do they still make these cereals? I haven't even thought of them in God knows how long! I just asked Britt and she remembers them from a few years back. I am thinking maybe they were bringing them back out for Halloween a few years back. But think even that stopped. But I know Britt don't remember this...

I was in my favorite supermarket a few days ago and I deliberately looked for these cereals as I figured they were still being made...but you know what?  I couldn't find any of them!  So maybe they don't?  Of course, with Count Chocula, they don't need to...there's probably several cereals out there that taste the same...like Cocoa Puffs or Chocolate Cheereos or Cocoa Pebbles?  Count Chocula is likely the only one of the 3 I'd care for anyway...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 05, 2011, 08:52:30 PM »
Yeah... I know I haven't seen them in years myself either. Britt still says she remembers seeing them once or twice in the past few years... maybe during Halloween?
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #728 on: March 05, 2011, 09:51:33 PM »
Of course, checking one store doesn't necessarily mean anything.  They could be out there...my store might just not carry it.  They may not have room for every cereal out there.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 06, 2011, 01:42:28 AM »
The Secret World of Alex Mack: The Complete First Season
Alex Mack is a normal thirteen-year-old, dreading her first day of junior high school and trying to deal with the typical adolescent concerns, like just feeling ordinary. But a toxic spill changes all that. On her way home from school, a chemical accident suddenly leaves her biologically altered. Alex now has the ability to liquefy herself, turn into a human magnet, move objects and create force fields.

Featuring the TV acting debut of Jessica Alba (Sin City, Fantastic Four) and Larisa Oleynik (10 Things I Hate About You) in the title role, The Secret World of Alex Mack: The Complete First Season is now available for the first time on DVD!

EPISODES:
1. The Accident
2. Shock Value
3. Hoop War
4. Cold Day in Paradise Valley
5. False Alarm
6. School Dance
7. The Science Fair

My Thoughts:
I remember watching this series when it originally aired back in the early '90s. And when I saw this DVD set available I had to order it so I could watch the show again... this time with Brittany. It is a fun show made by Nickelodeon. Both Britt and I enjoyed watching this first disc over a couple nights of viewing. As the plot says above... a very young Jessica Alba is in this show. But looking at the case above you would think she is a main star or something... getting billing with the star like that. But in reality she is only in a couple episodes. I guess they figured they could sell more copies by putting her name on there like that now that she is such a big star.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #730 on: March 06, 2011, 01:43:53 AM »
I know I've seen those cereals at Walmart within the last year.  It may have been closer to Halloween.  I haven't been down the cereal aisle in a while.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 06, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »
CSI: NY: The Complete First Season: Disc 4
12. "Recycling"
Mac, Aiden and Flack investigate when Elaine Curtis is found dead at a dog competition, a knitting needle sticking out of her chest, and no shortage of suspects ranging from judges to trainers to contestants. Stella and Danny investigate the death of bicycle messenger Michael Starling, but the crime scene may have been anywhere along his route.

13. "Tanglewood"
Mac and Stella investigate the death of Paul Montenassi, a young man left to bleed to death in the snow. The investigation leads them to another victim, Mihok Lev, who had been killed by Montenassi in a robbery earlier that evening. When Hawkes concludes his autopsy on Montenassi, he is able to reveal a sanded-off tattoo that leads the detectives to the Tanglewood Boys. Danny and Aiden investigate the hit-and-run that caused the death of Marta Santo. After discovering sperm on the woman's clothing, Danny and Aiden learn that Santo liked things rough, and their investigation leads them to an erotic massage parlor.

14. "Blood, Sweat and Tears"
The body of a young trapeze artist is found folded into a box on Conney Island, leading Mac and Stella to the circus where they find themselves embroiled in a real-life Romeo and Juliet story between the dead contortionist, Lukas, and a trapeze artist, Anasuya. Danny and Flack find a woman's body in a laundry chute and learn that she was actually the former sorority sister of the woman who lived in that building, and turn their suspicion to the abusive husband the woman was hiding from.

15. "Til Death Do We Part"
The team's investigation into the death of Hannah Bloom, who died at her own wedding, is put on hold when her father refuses to allow them to perform an autopsy until after his daughter's body is blessed by a rabbi. Danny and Mac turn their attention to the woman who trained the doves who were supposed to be released, but cannot tie her directly to Bloom, who died from formaldehyde poisoning. Stella, Flack and Aiden investigate when a hand is found deep underground, and soon realize that the dead man, Rick Amadori, chewed off his own hand. It seems like a slam dunk when the son of a man Amadori killed three years earlier confesses to the crime, but things aren't as easy as they seem.

My Thoughts:
I blind bought this show when I discovered how much I enjoy the original C.S.I. series (Las Vegas).  I admit I had a hard time getting used to the new characters in this series. This took away from the series a bit for me at first. But now that I am just into the second half of the first season... I am used to the new characters... and I am finding myself getting more into the episodes. I really enjoyed this disc. Some good cases... I especially liked the episode with the dead contortionist from the circus. I think mainly because I liked the added fun of the circus.

I must say though... even though I am now enjoying this series very much... I still prefer the original series over this one. I just like the characters more.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 06, 2011, 11:59:06 PM »
Starsky & Hutch: The Complete First Season: Disc 1
1 PILOT
In this explosive pilot that introduced the world to Starsky & Hutch, Huggy Bear and Captain Dobey, the duo are the targets of expert hitmen who are trying to bring their crime-fighting  career to an end.

2 SAVAGE SUNDAY
To draw attention to the conditions of their retirement home, a senior-citizen couple plants a bomb in their car to blow up City Hall. When homicidal robbers steals the car, Starsky must track down the thieves before the bomb goes off. Guest-starring Suzanne Somers.

3 DEATH RIDE
On assignment to protect the daughter of a crime czar who's agreed to testify against mob bosses, Starsky and Hutch must drive her back home from San Francisco, pursuaded by ruthless killers all alongthe way.

4 TEXAS LONGHORN
When the wife of a used-car tycoon is raped and slain by a pair of drug addicts, Starsky & Hutch race to catch the killers before the distraught widower takes vigilante justice into his own hands. Written by Michael Mann (Ali, The Insider)

My Thoughts:
I decided to go from a contemporary cop show to a classic cop show with Starsky & Hutch.

This set is basically a blind buy as I never seen hardly any episodes before buying it. The only episode I ever seen before is Savage Sunday. It was on a DVD I have called Greatest '70s Cop Shows. Watching that disc is what made me want to order this set. The first thing I noticed is that the pilot has an unusual running time of something like 1hr. 11min. So I take it that when this series originally ran the pilot ran for an hour and a half with commercials. Another thing I found a bit odd in the pilot episode is that you barely got to see their signature car... the Gran Torino. I am glad that changed with the very next episode... as that car is one of my favorite things about the series. Though it wasn't in the episode Death Ride very much either. Over-all I am enjoying the show. I look forward to continuing the series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 07, 2011, 03:07:54 AM »
Medium: The Complete Second Season: Disc 3
Still Life
When Allison looks at an artist's paintings, her visions regarding the death of a murder victim spring to life. The ghost of Joe's father appears to Allison with career advice for his son.

The Reckoning
Ariel tells fortunes for fun at a slumber party, but gets scared when it looks like one of her friends may die. And a woman haunted by guilt is causing Allison to dream about a hit-and-run accident.

Method To His Madness
Allison takes on certain characteristics of a psychotic murderer. But even after he dies, he stays in her head, frightening Joe and the girls.

My Thoughts:
I decided to continue watching show a little more. It has always been one of my favorite... every since the pilot episode originally aired. This disc only has 3 episodes instead of the normal 4... this is because the episode Still Life is on the disc twice. Once in regular 2-D and once in 3-D. Being blind in one eye... I had no choice but to watch the 2-D version.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #734 on: March 07, 2011, 03:20:03 AM »
I remember when the 3D episode aired..  I had the glasses from a magazine or something.  The 3D did work pretty well in a few scenes.