Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 248130 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #465 on: July 06, 2009, 04:33:28 PM »

Due South: Ultimate Collection (Disc 2)
Due South is a lightning-paced action comedy in which a quintessential, polite, by-the-book Canadian Mountie from the frozen North is teamed up with a wise-cracking Armani-clad Chicago cop with a flexible sense of morality. Brought together in the Windy City by a mysterious murder which has personal ramifications for both men, these unlikely buddies must find a common ground amidst overwhelming differences. Canadian actor Paul Gross (Wilby Wonderful, TV's Slings and Arrows) stars as Constable Benton Fraser, with David Marciano (TV's The Shield) as his reluctant partner, Detective Ray Vecchio.

Episodes:
6. Chinatown
7. Chicago Holiday (Part 1)
8. Chicago Holiday (Part 2)
9. A Cop, A Mountie and A Baby
10. The Gift and the Wheelman

My Thoughts:
I am still enjoying this series very much. If it wasn't for watching this as part of a group on the forum doing a marathon I would have been much further along on it then I am now. Even though I am not sure how I feel about the whole Fraser's father storyline at this point... the show itself is still very good. 
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 06, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »

Electra Woman and Dyna Girl
Electrawoman and Dynagirl are gorgeous superheroes who, disguised as mild-mannered reporters for newsmaker magazine, battle a bevy of costumed villians . The wear skintight outfits with capes, and operate out of the secret Electrabase, which is headed by Frank Heflin, who designed and built the heroines' sophisticated equipment. This DVD features the first four episodes (only 8 were filmed and broadcast) of this cult classic.

Episode:
1. The Sorcerer's Golden Trick
Electawoman and Dynagirl's archenemy The Sorcerer tries to break into Fort Knox.

My Thoughts:
OMG... I forgotten just how cheesy this show really was. Of course I was very young at the time. This was made in '76 so I was only 7 years old at the time. There is a lot of things stolen from the '60s Batman on this show. If I am remembering this right... One odd thing was how this show was aired. It was part of a larger show. So you saw the first half  of the show... then the end credits... then you saw more kid's entertainment that the show provided.... then at the end of the show you saw the second half of this show with it's own opening and ending credits. So you actually see the opening and ending credits twice per episode.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 07, 2009, 12:16:30 AM »

NCIS: Season 3 (Discs  5-6)
NCIS: THE THIRD SEASON continues the critically acclaimed, action-packed adventures of a cutting-edge team of special agents who operate outside the government's chain of command. Lead by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled lead investigator who's not afraid to bend the rules, the NCIS team must somehow band together and recover after suffering a devastating loss of one of their special agents to a terrorist. Further complicating matters for Gibbs is Jennifer Sheppard (Lauren Holly), Gibbs former lover who is the new director of NCIS. The 6-Disc set includes all 24 critically acclaimed episodes from this smash-hit series.

Episodes:
17. Ravenous
18. Bait
19. Iced
20. Untouchable
21. Bloodbath
22. Jeopardy
23. Hiatus (Part 1)
24. Hiatus (Part 2)

My Thoughts:
This finishes up season 3... I am so enjoying revisiting this show again! It remains one of my favorite current shows. These two discs has some great episodes on them... but I especially enjoyed Bloodbath where there is an attempt on Abbey's life and on the season finale two-parter. Which was a strong finish to the season. So strong in fact that I really can not wait to move on to season 4! I may even go ahead and watch the fifth season once again even though I just seen it a couple months ago. Though I may not. We will have to see there.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 09, 2009, 12:21:28 AM »

NCIS: Season 4 (Discs 1-2)
NCIS: THE FOURTH SEASON the top-rated investigative crime drama, continues the thrilling adventures of a cutting-edge crew of special agents who operate outside the government's chain of command. Led by Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a former Marine whose skills as an investigator are unmatched, this highly trained, tight-knit team travels the world investigating murder, espionage and terrorism. This 6-disc set includes all 24 action-packed episodes, along with top-notch, behind-the-scenes features, from this critically acclaimed, one-of-a-kind series.

Episodes:
1. Shalom
2. Escaped
3. Singled Out
4. Faking It.
5. Dead and Unburied
6. Witch Hunt
7. Sandblast
8. Once a Hero

My Thoughts:
I just can't help myself... I just cannot stop watching this show right now. The fourth season has a strong start. The first two discs in this set as several very good episodes. I especially liked Shalom  Where Ziva is wanted for an assassination attempt... [ii]Dead and Buried[/i] where a corpse shows up in a house for sale... and my favorite episode on the first two discs... Witch Hunt... a Halloween episode where where a young girl is kidnapped... and we see Abby, the Goth forensic scientist, dresses up for Halloween as Marilyn Monroe.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 10, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »

I Love Lucy: The Complete Series (Discs 4-6)
Fall in love again and again with the timeless comedy that entertains generation after generation. This special 34-disc DVD collection contains every hilarious episode of every classic season of I Love Lucy — from the Lost Pilot to the The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour shows. Join Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel for non-stop laughter as you savor every magical moment of the greatest sitcom of all time.

My Thoughts:
I been watching this show off and on since I got the complete series set. Today I finally finished off the first season.I forgot how many good episodes there was in this first season. There has been some very funny moments in the last few discs. Moments such as Lucy getting locked in the freezer. Lucy doing the commercial for Vitameatavegamin... and then there was the episode where Ricky thinking Lucy is a Kleptomaniac. I am really enjoying seeing these episodes again after all these years! Looks like this set will be one of my favorite (if not my favorite) purchases for this year!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 12, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »

NCIS: Season 4 (Discs 3-4)
NCIS: THE FOURTH SEASON the top-rated investigative crime drama, continues the thrilling adventures of a cutting-edge crew of special agents who operate outside the government's chain of command. Led by Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a former Marine whose skills as an investigator are unmatched, this highly trained, tight-knit team travels the world investigating murder, espionage and terrorism. This 6-disc set includes all 24 action-packed episodes, along with top-notch, behind-the-scenes features, from this critically acclaimed, one-of-a-kind series.

Episodes:
9. Twisted Sister
10. Smoked
11. Driven
12. Suspicion
13. Sharif Returns
14. Blowback
15. Friends & Lovers
16. Dead Man Walking

My Thoughts:
Two more discs of this show now completed. And I am still more then enjoying revisiting this series. It is such a great show! A few of the episodes on these 2 discs were not quite as good as most the NCIS episodes... but they were still enjoyable. I especially enjoyed Twisted Sister in which Tim has to help his sister when she is suspected of killing someone. And also enjoyed Dead Man Walking where a guy walks into NCIS and asks Gibbs to solve a murder... his... as he was poisoned with radiation by someone and don't have much longer to live.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2009, 07:33:18 PM »

NCIS: Season 4 (Discs 5-6)

Episodes:
17. Skeletons
18. Iceman
19. Grace Period
20. Cover Story
21. Brothers In Arms
22. In The Dark
23. Trojan Horse
24. Angel of Death

My Thoughts:
This finishes the 4th season set. I decided not to continue on to season 5 as I watch that set just a few months ago when I got it. So it is still pretty fresh in my mind. The episodes towards the end of season 4 wasn't quite as good as early on in the season though there were still stand out episodes I especially enjoyed Cover Story where we find Agent McGee (who is also a writer) has found out an insane fan who thinks his stories are real are killing people he based the characters of his latest novel on.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 29, 2009, 02:08:58 AM »

Knight Rider: Season 1 (Disc 1)
An iconic TV classic is back and better than ever in the reinvented, updated, and super-charged Knight Rider Season One. From executive producers Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity franchise), David Bartis (The O.C.) and Glen Larson (Battlestar Galactica) comes this action-packed series about the coolest car ever created, K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Three Thousand), that's equipped with artificial intelligence capable of hacking into any computer, the weapons system of a jet fighter, and incredible custom body technology that allows it to transform into other vehicles. Relive every Season One episode as an elite team of crime-fighters work with K.I.T.T. to track down elusive, high-tech villains. Presented in uninterrupted Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, you won't want to miss this fast-paced ride to the wild side!

Episodes:
1. Knight Rider 2008 Movie
2. A Knight in Shining Armor
3. Journey to the End of the Knight

My Thoughts:
I decided to take a break from my current marathons so that I could watch the first disc of the new Knight Rider set. Especially considering that I only seen about half the episodes when they aired. The first disc contains the pilot movie as well as the first 2 standard episodes of the series. And I already came across an episode I never seen before. Just watching this first disc makes me upset that they decided not to renew this series!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 01, 2009, 01:39:37 PM »

C.S.I.: Season 1 (Disc 1)
It's all here. All the cases. All the evidence. All the solutions. All 23 episodes of the Golden Globe nominated first season of CSI. Now available in this special edition DVD set, containing special features and behind-the-scenes extras.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Cool Change
3. Crate & Burial
4. Pledging Mr. Johnson

My Thoughts:
I ordered this set after a good friend of mine suggested the series to me. Never seeing the show before I was a little nervous about it. After it arrived yesterday I decided to see what I got myself into. I couldn't believe it... I was hooked on it from the pilot episode! So much so that after watching only 3 episodes I ordered season 2!
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #474 on: August 01, 2009, 08:33:44 PM »
My Thoughts:
I ordered this set after a good friend of mine suggested the series to me. Never seeing the show before I was a little nervous about it. After it arrived yesterday I decided to see what I got myself into. I couldn't believe it... I was hooked on it from the pilot episode! So much so that after watching only 3 episodes I ordered season 2!

:thumbup:

Wholeheartedly agree, it's a great show.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 03, 2009, 02:14:27 AM »

Knight Rider: Season 1 (Disc 2)
An iconic TV classic is back and better than ever in the reinvented, updated, and super-charged Knight Rider Season One. From executive producers Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity franchise), David Bartis (The O.C.) and Glen Larson (Battlestar Galactica) comes this action-packed series about the coolest car ever created, K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Three Thousand), that's equipped with artificial intelligence capable of hacking into any computer, the weapons system of a jet fighter, and incredible custom body technology that allows it to transform into other vehicles. Relive every Season One episode as an elite team of crime-fighters work with K.I.T.T. to track down elusive, high-tech villains. Presented in uninterrupted Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, you won't want to miss this fast-paced ride to the wild side!

Episodes:
4. Knight of the Iguana
5. A Hard Day's Knight
6. Knight of the Hunter
7. Knight of the Living Dead
8. I Wanna Rock & Roll All Knight

My Thoughts:
There was many episodes of this series I have never seen before... thanks to my DVR having to be replaced with many episodes waiting on the HD for me to watch them. And this did not happen once... but twice. Once early into the season and once late into the season. I would say I would be lucky if I got to see half the episodes that aired. I was so pissed about this at the time... but now that I have the DVD set I am thrilled about it! All these episodes I get to watch that I never seen before! Because of this... I never seen any of the episodes on this disc. And I enjoyed every one of them! But I especially enjoyed 2 of the episodes. First there was A Hard Day's Knight where Mike is poisoned and only the guy that poisoned him has the antidote. So he has to solve the case and get the antidote before he dies. All while getting sicker by the moment. Then the other episode I especially enjoyed is Knight of the Living Dead... which I am sure you are not surprised I enjoyed since it is their Halloween episode.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 04, 2009, 05:57:50 PM »

C.S.I.: Season 1 (Disc 2)
It's all here. All the cases. All the evidence. All the solutions. All 23 episodes of the Golden Globe nominated first season of CSI. Now available in this special edition DVD set, containing special features and behind-the-scenes extras.

Episodes:
5. Friends & Lovers
6. Who Are You?
7. Blood Drops
8. Anonymous

My Thoughts:
Four more episodes down... and I am still enjoying this series very much! With every episode that passes I am more thrilled I gave this series a chance. Out of the episodes on this disc... as good as they all are... 2 episodes stood out as exceptional for me. That being Blood Drops... a very powerful episode where a terrible nightmare of a case gradually worsens through-out the episode. And Anonymous where one of their cold cases comes back to haunt them.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 06, 2009, 08:39:05 PM »

Significant Others: The Series (Episodes 1-2)
Jennifer Garner ('13 Going On 30', "Alias"), Eion Bailey ('Fight Club', 'Almost Famous') and Scott Bairstow ("Party of Five") star as three twentysomething best friends living in Los Angeles and having the best - and worst! - times of their lives.

Whether they're falling in love with the wrong people, auditioning chickens, or writing a parent's eulogy, Nell (Garner), Campbell (Bailey), and Henry (Bairstow) know that no matter how wondrous, ridiculous, and painful life may be, they'll always have each other's friendship to carry them through.

The complete series from the creators of "Party of Five" reminds us what it's like to be young, passionate, and willing to risk everything...over and over again. There's no one better to do it with than your SIGNIFICANT OTHERS.

EPISODES:
1. Pilot
2. The Next Big Thing

My Thoughts:
After blind buying this series I heard some pretty bad things about it. So I went into this one with some pretty low expectations. Maybe that helped me a little. As I didn't find this series to be terrible. No I wouldn't say it is good either. Just an average... somewhat slow series. I did however found I liked some of the characters. Of course Jennifer Garner's character for one. It was also pretty cool seeing a younger Michael Weatherly (NCIS, Dark Angel)... though I almost didn't recognize him! he changed quite a bit in the years since this series. Even though I am not surprised this series was canceled... I do feel bad that it was canceled so quickly... after producing only 6 episodes. I think any series should be given longer then that to get an audience.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 10, 2009, 01:08:09 AM »

C.S.I.: Season 1 (Discs 3-6)

Episodes:
9. Unfriendly Skies
10. Sex, Lies, & Larvae
11. I-15 Murders
12. Fahrenheit 932
13. Boom
14. To Halve and To Hold
15. Table Stakes
16. To Tough To Die
17. Face Lift
18. $35K OBO
19. Gentle, Gentle
20. Sounds of Silence
21. Justice is Served
22. Evaluation Day
23. Strip Strangler

My Thoughts:
I have gotten completely and totally hooked on this show! After finishing this first season I am so glad that I got the second season here so I can continue when I am ready. I am even considering ordering the third season on the next order I make. Out of the entire first season there wasn't a single episode I didn't enjoy! Several of them really blew me away. I really have to thank my friend Tammy for convincing me to check out this series! As well as all of you that seconded her recommendation.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 10, 2009, 05:06:26 PM »

Earth 2: The Complete Series (Disc 1 Side A)
Embark on the quest to find a new home planet for humanity in the year 2192 as the complete sci-fi epic Earth 2 lands on DVD for the first time ever! From the producers of Miami Vice and ER comes the thrilling story of Devon Adair (Debrah Farentino), who is struggling to find a healthy environment for her deathly ill son, Ulysses. Disregarding government orders, she puts together an expedition to found a new civilization on an Earth-like planet 22 light years in the future. But after their ship crash-lands on the wrong side of the planet G889, the "colonists" quickly discover that their new home already has some very strange and hostile inhabitants. Catch DVD-exclusive bonus features and join stellar guest stars including Tim Curry, Virginia Madsen, Terry O'Quinn and more on all 21 groundbreaking episodes of the Emmy®-winning series that critics cheered "soars to new sci-fi heights" (Houston Chronicle).

Episodes:
1. First Contact Part 1 & 2
2. The Man Who Fell To Earth (Two)

My Thoughts:
I have heard some pretty good things about this short-lived series. So during the latest DD 25% off sale (when able to get it for under $20) I decided to take a chance on it. Side A of the first disc contains the double length pilot and second episode. So far while not a bad show... it hasn't impressed me either. I basically am finding it mediocre at this point. Now it is still early yet... so I hate to pass judgment. The show could very easily pick up yet. The premise of the series is good... so I still hold on to hope that it will turn out better. May just be one of those shows that had a bit of a slow start. Is there anyone here that is familiar with this show? Can you tell me it will get better?
Pete