Author Topic: How to Train Your Dragon  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
How to Train Your Dragon
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »
I went to see How to Train Your Dragon last week.  I did see the 3D version. 

I love animated movies in general and usually see the new ones, though sometimes I have to wait until they get to DVD.  I have liked DreamWorks animated movies, but I haven't thought that any of them - even Shrek - was anywhere as good as Pixar's movies.  The last few movies that DreamWorks has made have been better and that includes How to Train Your Dragon.  The story works well and has more heart than any of DreamWorks's other animated movies.  It seems like more time was given to developing the story.  The connection between Hiccup and Toothless the dragon is what adds the heart to the story.  Some of what happens is a little predictable, but it is also very fun and entertaining overall.  The animation is very well done and there are some absolutely beautiful scenes involving flying.  The characters are interesting, though many of them are more flat since they don't receive much attention.  The voice cast does fine with the parts even though it is slightly odd for 2 of the Vikings to have Scottish accents. 

:thumbup:

I did get a review posted on Epinions if anyone wants to take a look.

How to Train Your Dragon

karmesinrot

Re: How to Train Your Dragon
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 11:16:56 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this one when it comes out over here :thumbsup:!

Critter

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:03:33 AM »
Great review, I am seeing this today as well as Kick-Ass for a... third time :bag:. Anyway I am looking foward to my double movie day very much.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 01:12:42 AM »
I hope you both like it. :)

I want to see Kick Ass too...I had been thinking I would go see it Friday, but I have to work now.  So it will have to wait a little longer.