Author Topic: Serenity  (Read 17224 times)

Najemikon

Re: Serenity
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
¬_¬ Guys... I ve tried three times to watch Serenity and I can't get in to it. Ill keep trying though.... I think the problem us, it just seems.... uhh, borring... and unrealistic...

and Ok now... you could say of course its unrealistic, but I mean.... in Star Wars the characters were believable in there little world :S ... I couldnt believe any of the characters... and I didn't even end up liking them :S I watched just over an hour of it :/
:redcard:

You suggested it! :hysterical:

Otherwise I agree with Tom. I can see where a first time viewer can be alienated by the characters.

Actually I suggested this one! Sorry Emma... :bag:

But in my experience this is bucking the trend. New viewers of serenity usually love it and go after firefly.

Critter

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »
¬_¬ Guys... I ve tried three times to watch Serenity and I can't get in to it. Ill keep trying though.... I think the problem us, it just seems.... uhh, borring... and unrealistic...

and Ok now... you could say of course its unrealistic, but I mean.... in Star Wars the characters were believable in there little world :S ... I couldnt believe any of the characters... and I didn't even end up liking them :S I watched just over an hour of it :/
:redcard:

You suggested it! :hysterical:

Otherwise I agree with Tom. I can see where a first time viewer can be alienated by the characters.

But in my experience this is bucking the trend. New viewers of serenity usually love it and go after firefly.
I am one of those people who watched Serenity before I saw the Firefly series and loved it from the opening to the closing scene. I did not know any of the characters but the style of the film, especially the music and sci-fi/western twist had me hooked instantly.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »
Oops, sorry 'bout that. I ony followed the actual voting thread; I knew there was another thread somewhere but was too lazy to look. :-[

snowcat

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 09:07:15 PM »
LOL.... i tried again today :p I just can't do it!

Ill post my views soon though

lyonsden5

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 12:05:04 AM »
:bash:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 05:51:14 AM »
´
 :o

snowcat

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »
Im sorry... my eyes are actually glazing over.... I don't know why I can't stand it...

:/ The only time ive had this much trouble watching a film was Pirate of the Caribbean.

lyonsden5

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »
Im sorry... my eyes are actually glazing over....
:hysterical:

c'mon... it can't be that bad!  :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 12:38:17 PM »
Im sorry... my eyes are actually glazing over....
:hysterical:

c'mon... it can't be that bad!  :laugh:

It isn't. It's actually quite a fantastic film in my opinion. I've never heard of someone disliking it as much as you seem to be Emma. And I once studied it in a class of bored Year 10 kids who didn't really want to watch it, but by the end all of them liked it quite a bit. About half the class even went out and bought it on DVD for themselves. The only time I've ever had as much trouble watching a film as you seem to be having was Step Brothers. To this day I still haven't finished it and everytime I try it makes me fear for humanity.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 12:39:04 PM »
I can understand if someone doesn't like it, but to be so bored that you can't even finish watching it? That's certainly a strange reaction.
Matthias

Najemikon

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »
Yeah, it is odd! Sorry, Emma. :shrug:

Earlier you compared Serenity to Star Wars in that the latter had deeper characters. Add to that your comments that people haven't got the attention span to give a two-hour pilot a chance and I think you're coming at this from entirely the wrong angle. I reckon this just ain't your bag!

I'm just flabbergasted you claim it's so boring you can't watch it! I mean it has bloody spaceships and fights! Even then I can't remember ever being so bored I literally couldn't watch something.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »

snowcat

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 06:39:16 PM »
I guess I just can't see what you guys do in it, to be honest, I can't see some of the things you do.

Wow, I mean I duno....  :shrug: im just not getting it.

..I had the same problem with 300.... I just couldn't stand it... I literally fell asleep.

:p and, yep watching the right film Achim

I love space, and fights! I love Star Wars XD ive been a fan club member for years! I love Star Trek, I like what ive seen of Battlestar.... I even tried to watch Firefly on the internet today... I had the same problem... Im sorry guys... its just not happening.... its not that I haven't given it a chance... Im just not enjoying it... and I mean.. even films I don't like... Citizen Kane being a good example, I sat through it and enjoyed the story... even if I ended up not liking the film.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 08:06:57 PM »
I can understand if someone doesn't like it, but to be so bored that you can't even finish watching it? That's certainly a strange reaction.
Why? That happen to me often... I had the same reaction with Peter Jackson's King Kong, Superman Return, Basic Instinct 2 and Hot Target just to name a few. Why lost our time with something we know bored us as we watch? We can watch something else better...

Of course I don't talk about Serenity that I haven't watch.

Najemikon

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2010, 11:18:36 PM »
Whoops! "It's the fuzz..."  :laugh:

YouTube has blocked the Salvage clip for 'Copyright Infringement'. Strange the others were ignored, but I've taken them off anyway. I thought about emailing Fox and telling them it was for analysis purposes, but as they never gave a shit about Firefly even when it was on, I didn't bother.

Still, YouTube offers a lot of data about who watches the vids and the little map showed highlights in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia and Taiwan. So I reckon it was only you lot anyway. :tease: The Crazy Ivan clip was far more popular, so god knows what methods the Fox snoopers use, but frankly, they're a bit rubbish...

I shall now go and flagellate myself until the stench of piracy has left me.  ;)