Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Multi-Themes  (Read 25737 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Multi-Themes
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 12:33:05 AM »
That reminds me... When I pulled out my disc of (I think it was) Superman: Doomsday there was an insert for one I didn't know about.... Dr. Strange

I am planning on getting it on my next order. Amazon has it for under $9

Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »
Hope for you he isn't a boring magician like Mandrake... Remembers this old comic book character? I think he even was presented with the other saturday morning cartoons on tv when I was a kid, but I ain't 100% certain of that...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 01:15:33 AM »
Really don't know... I don't know much about Dr. Strange
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »
just found the trailer...

Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 02:28:16 AM »
I remember that, like Captain America, there was a live action TV movie about Doctor Strange.  It was on CBS...I'm not sure when it was but it was a LONG time ago.  It was so long ago that I believe I taped it on a Sony Betamax!  I was a member of a comic book club that was in Pittsburgh then which would mean this would fall somewhere in the era of 1977 to 1981.  I took it to someone's home in Pittsburgh to show everyone because the Pittsburgh affiliate of the network that showed it pre-empted it...maybe for a hockey game or something, I can't remember.  Someone named Peter Hooten had the lead and I think Jessica Walter played a female evil sorceress in it.  It was pretty corny stuff but the guys in the club seemed to like it.  I was never that big a fan of the character myself.

snowcat

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
I quite liked Dr Strange I got with the animated Iron Man movie a while back. It a pretty fun film I hope you enjoy it.