Author Topic: E-tailers  (Read 48874 times)

lovemunkey187

Re: E-tailers
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 02:30:27 PM »
Have added a CD price comparison website to the list.

Il Protagonista

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 06:04:13 PM »
secondspin.com is a great place to find cool used DVD, if i may add the list  :D

lovemunkey187

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 01:33:59 PM »
secondspin.com is a great place to find cool used DVD, if i may add the list  :D

Added to the list, in the R2UK section.

Il Protagonista

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »
can`t believe that i forgot this: www.barnesandnoble.com .. they have a great DVD Collection too

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
Some new one to add :

R2 Europe outside UK
Diabolik DVD

Since Xploited doesn't add new stuff (sadly Tony liquid his stock) they are good alternative.

Adult suppliers
DVD Pacific
I know they are in the general section, but they have a very nice adult section
ADULTE DVD X
Not buy there yet (money rates exchange), but it's a good source for European dvd that are unavailable in North America and a good source for our European members since the exchange isn't a problem for them.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »
can`t believe that i forgot this: www.barnesandnoble.com .. they have a great DVD Collection too

Apologies for not seeing this before.  But now added.

Some new one to add

Cheers Jimmy.

List updated.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 08:23:41 PM »
I seem to recall a website (fairly sure it was mentioned on here) that will price track titles for you.

Could someone point me in the right direction, please?

Najemikon

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »
I use www.find-dvd.co.uk regularly (won their review comp a couple of times too, so I've definitely mentioned them before! :laugh:). Example: they alerted me when Drive Blu dropped below £10. Is that the kind of tracking you mean?

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 09:53:15 PM »
find-dvd is the best out there IMO. If you mean tracking a price over a period of time from a particular retailer, then camelcamelcamel is your goto.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »
Thanks for the replies, and yes it was where they track a title(s) until it gets into your price bracket.

I do look on find-dvd, but never noticed that function.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »
Okay, so I've signed up, but can't add anything to my watch list. How do I do it?

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 07:17:28 PM »
Try camelcamelcamel instead. I've been using both the last two days but found camelcamelcamel to be massively faster and you can track third party new and third party used also. Also, each page has a graph of the history of the price.

I just got a price alert from them for Rushmore where I had been waiting for it to go under £2 delivered (as the UK release is a lower priority for me than another). It dropped to £0.01 (or £1.27 delivered) so just ordered it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:29:44 PM by samuelrichardscott »

lovemunkey187

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »
It looks as thopugh camelcamelcamel is purely Amazon. Which is okay as most of the time they are cheaper, but sometimes bargains can be had elsewhere....

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »
True, but camelcamelcamel is also handy for the third party sellers. I just got an e-mail to tell me my wanted price of £2 delivered for Blazing Saddles: 30th AE has hit my £2 target. Looking at Amazon though, all 5 sellers that are in that immediate vicinity I know are automatic pricematchers or undercut everything by a penny, so I'll let them continue to drop the price and when just two sellers left I'll pull the trigger (or it gets down to £0.01).

Najemikon

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 10:18:38 PM »
Okay, so I've signed up, but can't add anything to my watch list. How do I do it?

When you've logged in, search for something and select it. Under the picture of the cover, there is a link "Add to Price Watch". Click it and enter your target price in the pop-up, then ok, then cancel to get rid of the box. Click 'Price Watch' on the top menu and you'll see your list and the dates things were added. They expire after 6 months.

Not tried Camelcamelcamel, so I'll take a look...