Author Topic: Supernatural Marathon  (Read 20048 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Marathon
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »
Supernatural: Season 1

EPISODE 11: SCARECROW
If it only had a brain. Well, maybe it has! A malevolent scarecrow could be why strangers in Burkitsville, Indiana don't get out of town alive.

Guest Stars:
Nicki Aycox as Meg
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as John Winchester
Tania Saulnier as Emily
Tom Butler as Harley Jorgeson
P. Lynn Johnson as Stacey Jorgeson

My Thoughts:
A good episode... but not quite as good as the previous couple. I think they made the scarecrow look cool. And this one also introduces the character of Meg. At this point the first time we meet her she is the cut blonde with short hair.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
Supernatural: Season 1

EPISODE 12: FAITH
Witness the miracle: Faith healer Roy Le Grange cures Dean after an accident leaves him near death. Witness the terror: For every life Le Grange saves, another life must end.

Guest Stars:
Julie Benz as Layla Rohr
Rebecca Jenkins as Sue Ann Le Grange
Kevin McNulty as Roy Le Grange
Gillian Barber as Mrs. Rohr

My Thoughts:
Another episode I really enjoyed. I liked the subject of the story... it really kept my interest. I also like that this one had the guest star of the always lovely Julie Benz. Which caught me off guard because I didn't remember her being in this show. So that made for a nice surprise.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 09:12:41 PM »
Season 1: Disc Three:
This completes disc three of the first season set. Every episode on this disc is very good. Especially the first two.  Unfortunately this disc don't have much when it comes to extras... just a few deleted scenes. But at least this time they have deleted scenes for three of the episodes on this disc.

Disc 1 Extras:
- Deleted Scenes:
---- Home (2 Scenes)
---- Scarecrow (1 Scene)
---- Faith (2 Scenes)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 12:09:37 AM »
Supernatural: Season 1 Disc 4

EPISODE 13: ROUTE 666
The devil's down in Dixie - and he's driving one scary truck. Sam and Dean investigate when something wheeled, metallic and evil forces a series of African-American drivers off the road to their deaths.

Guest Stars:
Megalyn Echikunwoke as Cassie Robinson
Kathleen Noone as Mrs. Robinson
Alvin Sanders as Jimmy Anderson
Gary Hetherington as Mayor Harold Todd
Dee Jay Jackson as Cyrus Dorian

My Thoughts:
A good episode... enjoyed it quite a bit. Liked the idea of the phantom truck. I also enjoyed seeing a peek into Dean's past private life.

My Rating:

EPISODE 14: NIGHTMARE
The brothers pose as priests to gather information at a house visited by sudden death - a death Sam saw in a dream. But precognition may be just the start of preternatural powers Sam suddenly possesses.

Guest Stars:
Brendan Fletcher as Max Miller
Beth Broderick as Alice Miller
Fred Keating as Man Neighbor
Avery Raskin as Roger Miller
Susinn McFarlen as Lady Neighbor

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent episode. It bring the season long arc to the forefront of the show. I really liked the story here. And this one has a familiar guest star in it with Beth Broderick who played one of the aunts in Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

My Rating:

EPISODE 15: THE BENDERS
A nice decoration for the wall. A backwoods family of hunters likes to stuff and mount their kills as trophies. Only they hunt humans. And they've got Sam.

Guest Stars:
John Dennis Johnston as Pa Bender
Jessica Steen as Deputy Kathleen
Jon Cuthbert as Alvin Jenkins
Ken Kirzinger as Jared Bender
Shawn Reis as Lee Bender

My Thoughts:
Another excellent episode. This one has a real Texas Chainsaw Massacre feel to it. I think this one was done extremely well. One of the few (if not only) time that they don't face some monster... but people.

My Rating:

EPISODE 16: SHADOW
In Chicago, Sam has the luck to run into Meg, the pretty blonde he met weeks earlier at an Indiana bus stop. But it may be bad luck, especially if Meg is connected to a demon wreaking death on the Windy City.

Guest Stars:
Nicki Aycox as Meg Masters
Lorena Gale as Landlady
Melanie Papalia as Meredith
Nimet Kanji as Bartender

My Thoughts:
You can really tell we are getting to the end of the season! Another excellent episode as they start to tie up all the loose ends of the season long arc. This episode we once again see the cute blonde Meg (see pic above)... as well as Dean and Sam's father.

My Rating:

Over-all Thoughts on this Disc:
Once again every episode on this disc is very good. This has to be the most episodes that I gave a  :thumbup: to on a single disc! Unfortunately this disc don't have much when it comes to extras... just a couple deleted scenes.

Disc 4 Extras:
- Deleted Scenes:
---- Nightmare (2 Scenes)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:23:43 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 12:26:29 AM »
Just noticed I am not as close to the end of the season as I thought! I was thinking there was a couple more episode now... but I have 6 more episodes before I finish season 1!  ;D
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 08:19:17 PM »
Supernatural: Season 1 Disc 5

EPISODE 17: HELL HOUSE
Get the hell ouf of Hell House! Sam and Dean defy a homicidal spirit, but their efforts are encumbered by a pair of gooball paranormal investigators who hope ghostbusting gets them girls.

Guest Stars:
Travis Wester as Harry Spangler
A.J. Buckley as Ed Zeddmore
Shane Meier as Craig Thursten
Britt Irvin
Colby Johannson as James

My Thoughts:
A good episode... I enjoyed it. I liked how they did up the old shack in the woods... and like how they did the ghost that was haunting it. I had a bit of mixed feelings for the website ghost hunters. I didn't really care too much for them... but they were alright for a bit of comic relief. But the best comedy in the episode came from Sam and Dean playing practical jokes on each other.

My Rating:

EPISODE 18: SOMETHING WICKED
"Thy angels watch me through the night, and keep me safe 'til morning light." A littler girls prayers are no match for a shtriga, a powerful witch with terrifying ties to the Winchester brothers' childhoods. 

Guest Stars:
Colby Paul as Michael
Ridge Canipe as Young Dean
Venus Terzo as Joanna
Ari Cohen as Miles Tarnower

My Thoughts:
a good episode. I enjoyed the storyline... I liked how they did the creature. I even liked the flash-backs to when Sam and Dean were kids. And I normally don't care for flash-backs in shows at all. But these were done well.

My Rating:

EPISODE 19: PROVENANCE
A portrait of a long-dead family is amazingly lifelike. Maybe that's because one of the likenesses is alive...and lethal.

Guest Stars:
Taylor Cole as Sarah Blake
Jay Brazeau as Researcher
Jodelle Micah Ferland as The Ghost Girl
Keith Martin Gordey
Linden Banks

My Thoughts:
Another good ghost story. I like how they did the little girl ghost... taking a note from the recent Asian horror movies that I have seen.

My Rating:

EPISODE 20: DEAD MAN'S BLOOD
Reunion. After and aging spook hunter falls prey to the vampires he thought he had long ago destroyed, John Winchester joins his sons to battle the bloodsuckers - and retrieve an unearthly gun they possess.

Guest Stars:
Warren Christie as Luthor
Anne Openshaw as Kate
Dominic Zamprogna as Vampire
Christine Chatelain as Waitress

My Thoughts:
Yay! Vampire episode! And you all know how much I love vampires! While I liked how they did the episode... I would have liked to seen more effects on the vampires when they feed and such. But either way... it is an excellent episode. I really liked that they had Sam and Dean's father join in on the hunt for this one. This is also the one that first mentions the infamous colt.

My Rating:

Once again every episode on this disc is very good. Though not quite as good as the previous disc. I could only give 1 rating of  :thumbup: this time. Unfortunately this disc don't have any extras what so ever... not even a single deleted scenes. If I am remembering correctly the boy's father is in it with them from this point on (2 more episodes)... which is cool... I always like when he shows up on an episode.

Disc 5 Extras:
NONE
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 11:31:19 PM »
Supernatural: Season 1 Disc 6

EPISODE 21: SALVATION
Meg's back. And she wants that gun. So she starts killing John's old friends one by one until he agrees to hand over the weapon - even if it means leaving his sons alone to battle the demon that killed their mother.

Guest Stars:
Sebastian Spence as Assistant Demon
Erin Karpluk as Monica Holt
David Lovgren

My Thoughts:
I really loved every minute of this episode. I really like how the whole family (father included) works together. This episode not only has a good story on it's own... but it sets up the next episode... the season finale.... wonderfully. Actually it is more like a two part season finale as the next episode starts off right where this one leaves off.

My Rating:

EPISODE 22: DEVIL'S TRAP
Feels like we're running out of time. With a terrifying exorcism, warfare with a pack of demons and a shocking double-twist storyline, the intense, astonishing season finale never lets up.

Guest Stars:
Jim Beaver as Bobby Singer
Sebastian Spence as Assistant Demon
Matt Riley as Firefighter

My Thoughts:
An excellent conclusion for the first season... with a great end of season cliffhanger to drive the viewers crazy until the next season started.

My Rating:

What can I say... the two-part season finale is on this disc. I loved every minute of it! And as you can see below... it has a nice little selection of features as well.

Disc 6 Extras:
- Featurettes
--- Supernatural: Tales from the Edge of Darkness
--- Day in the Life of Jared and Jensen
- Gag Reel
- Still Gallery
- DVD Rom Content
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 11:50:10 PM »
Supernatural: Season 2 Disc 1

EPISODE 1: IN MY TIME OF DYING
"Dean, you gotta hold on." After the crash, Dean's spirit wanders the hospitalcorridors as his comatose body hovers at the bring of death,,, and a Reaper tries to lure him into eternity.

Guest Stars:
Jim Beaver as Bobby Singer
Lindsey McKeon as Tessa
Fredric Lane as Janitor
Marcel Maillard as Truck Driver

My Thoughts:
Really started off the season with an excellent episode. It starts off in the exact moment that the first season left off. I really liked what they did with this episode... in the hospital. I also liked how they portrayed the Reaper as you see in the above picture. Even though I know why... I don't care too much for what they did at the very end of the episode. But it doesn't take away from the excellence of the episode.

My Rating:

EPISODE 2: EVERYBODY LOVES A CLOWN
A carnival of terror. A mysterious carnival clown is really an ancient Hindu cannibal called a Rakshasa. His scariest trick: beguiling children so he can slaughter and devour their parents.

Guest Stars:
Alona Tal as Jo Harvelle
Chad Lindberg as Ash
Samantha Ferris as Ellen Harvelle
Alec Willows as Amazing Papazian/Clown
Ken Kramer as Mr. Cooper

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. It introduces some new recurring characters which are a lot of fun. I tried to get my little girl to watch this one with me... but no such luck what with her fear of clowns and all. :p

My Rating:

EPISODE 3: BLOODLUST
Is the only good vampire a dead vampire? Seems like a no-brainer. Then Sam and Dean discovera nest of undead who have foresworn drinking human blood...and need protection from an obsessed vampire hunter.

Guest Stars:
Sterling K. Brown as Gordon Walker
Amber Benson as Lenore
Ty Olsson as Eli
Derek McIver

My Thoughts:
Now you all know how much I enjoyed this one... love the vampire stories! And this one has Buffy the Vampire Slayer alum Amber Benson... this time playing a vampire. So that added nicely to my enjoyment. One of my favorite episodes!

My Rating:

EPISODE 4: CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS
A corpse with a black thumb: When the Winchester brothers visit a cemetery to pay their respects to their murdered mother, they find a nearby grave with an eerie powerto kill all the life around it.

Guest Stars:
Tamara Feldman as Angela Mason
Christopher Jacot as Neil
Serge Houde as Dr. Mason
Jared Keeso as Matt Harrison
Leela Savasta as Lindsey

My Thoughts:
We have a little zombie fun in this episode. I enjoyed it... even though it was very obvious who brought her back... even before they revealed it.

My Rating:

I really enjoyed watching the start of the second season again. A couple of my favorite episodes are on this disc.

Disc 1 Extras:
- Commentary: In My Time of Dying
- Deleted Scenes:
--- In My Time of Dying (2 Scenes)
--- Bloodlust (1 Scene)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »
Wow! I forgot about this thread for the last 3 years! Well now that I am working on getting all the seasons upgraded to Blu-ray, it is a good time to bring it back to life. I am starting over with season 1... and I don't have season 2 on blu-ray yet (I will soon!... Danae Cassandra keeping her eyes open for me!)... but once I get to the point where I left off (Season 2 Ep. 5)... I will revive this thread and review all the way up to at lease season 8! (what I have in my collection now).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 09:09:36 PM »
I just finished Season 1 Disc 1 (You can see reviews of the episodes on the first page of this thread) on Blu-ray....

This disc included...

Episodes 1-6
Commentaries on 2 episodes
Deleted Scenes on 3 Episodes
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2014, 02:04:51 PM »
I finished off the Season 1 blu-rays. Now I just need to wait to get season 2. I should have season 2 in about a week from now. So looking forward to re-watching this series... There is MANY episodes I haven't seen since they originally aired!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 04:35:47 PM »

EPISODE 5: SIMON SAID
"Hello?" Mysterious cell phone messages turn law-abiding citizens into killing machines. The brothers' investigation lead sthem to an easy-going slacker who shares Sam's psychic abilities.

Guest Stars:
Alona Tal as Jo Harvelle
Chad Lindberg as Ash
Gabriel Tigerman as Andrew Gallagher
Elias Toufexis as Webber

My Thoughts:
This is another great episode of the series. I enjoyed every second of it. It really kept my attention from beginning to end. Who hasn't dreamed of the ability to control others with their mind? This episode shows that such an ability can be bad or it can be good depending on the person that has it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »

EPISODE 6: NO EXIT
Sam and Dean have a problem: The ghost of America's first known serial killer, back for more gore. And they have another problem: Jo, who follows them on their hunt despite her mother's objections.

Guest Stars:
Alona Tal as Jo Harvelle
Andrea Brooks as Katie
Brent Chapman as Superintendent
Stephen Aberle as H. H. Holmes

My Thoughts:
Wow! another awesome episode. This is so cool since I haven't seen these episodes in so many years! This one has a great story and effects. Plus the added bonus in learning a little more about Jo and her mother. This one does a good job at giving us a good episode story as well as advances the season long arc very nicely.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 05:32:07 PM »
This finishes off  Season 2 Disc 1 of the Blu-ray set. I am really having a great time revisiting this series. All the episodes on this disc has been very good... most of them being exceptional!

The extras on this disc included...

Commentary on My Time of Dying
Deleted Scenes on My Time of Dying and Bloodlust
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 01:38:22 AM »
Supernatural: Season 2 Disc 2

EPISODE 7: THE USUAL SUSPECTS
Baltimore cops arrest the obvious suspect in the grisly murders of a lawyer and his wife. Dean, caught with blood on his hands and a history of being on the spot when people die violently.

Guest Stars:
Linda Blair as Det. Diana Ballard
Jason Gedrick as Det. Peter Sheridan
Keegan Connor Tracy as Karen Giles
Andrew Stahl as Jeff Krause
Shannon Powell as Claire Becker
Diana Dutra as Policewoman

My Thoughts:
One of my favorite episodes here... and how couldn't it be with a guest star like Linda Blair? This one has a very good story... keeps your interest from beginning to end. And did I mention guest star Linda Blair? :P Seriously though... I loved every second of it. And it even got a good laugh out of me with the nod to The Exorcist that it gave... end of the episode and Dean told Sam he was hungry and that he wanted a bowl of Pea Soup. :P

My Rating:
Pete