Author Topic: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!  (Read 98842 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2010, 03:35:06 AM »
yeah, sorry about that,

I decided to take it out completely. Ain't important, didn't want start something, just the spoiler tags work different at a site I'm used to.

new reviews coming up.

« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2010, 03:41:31 AM »

Coraline

The Plot: An adventurous girl finds another world that is a strangely idealized version of her frustrating home, but it has sinister secrets.

My Thoughts: The poster is right......this is too weird for words!! Aside from some creepiness with the buttons (you would understand if you saw it) I found this a really fun movie! Admittingly, its a little slow in the beginning, but this is a 4.5 out of 5 easy!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:00:20 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2010, 03:50:56 AM »

Cyrano de Bergerac (1950)

The Plot: The charismatic swordsman-poet helps another woo the woman he loves in this straightforward version of the play.

My Thoughts: I just finished this movie from English class, and let me say I've thoroughly enjoyed it. The effects are....somewhat cheesy at times, but the action, romance, the war, the emotion behind being an outcast......the twist at the end really gets you. (Unless of coarse you've already read the play.) Cyrano is a solid 5 out of 5.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »
Wow! Cyrano de Bergerac gets a 5 out of 5!?!?!? I have that movie in a free classics boxset that I have. I may have to check this one out here soon!
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2010, 02:50:16 PM »
I've never seen this movie though I've certainly heard of it a few times through the years.  If it ever airs on TCM, I will try to catch it.  Of course, I've seen the modern comedy retelling of it in "Roxanne" starring Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah  ::)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2010, 03:01:23 PM »
I've never seen this movie though I've certainly heard of it a few times through the years.  If it ever airs on TCM, I will try to catch it.  Of course, I've seen the modern comedy retelling of it in "Roxanne" starring Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah  ::)

There is also a Cyrano de Bergerac from 1990 with GĂ©rard Depardieu. Just so you are aware when checking your listings.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2010, 02:25:53 AM »
I began to watch "Roxanne" in english class, but the disc messed up and my teacher can't find another copy, so now we are each creating skits as alternative endings instead. :(

Rogmeister

« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2010, 03:20:54 AM »
You mean your dad doesn't own a copy?  I'm shocked!  :o

« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2010, 12:09:51 AM »

Iron Man 2

The Plot: Billionaire Tony Stark must contend with deadly issues involving the government, his own friends, as well as new enemies due to his superhero alter ego Iron Man.

My Thoughts: I won't even wait until the end of my thoughts to say that in my opinion, this is a definite 5 out of 5 movie!! I also will not wait to say that Robert Downey Jr. is perfect to play Iron Man! :thumbup:

Now that that's said, since this is a really new movie, I'll try to be vague, but the picture was amazing, at least from where I viewed it, the jokes I tried hard to stifle my laughter, trying to avoid risking annoying people around me. Still, there were some that I openly love, like the doughnut scene, which I think most people are familiar with from commercials.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to exit the doughnut."

:hysterical: :hysterical:

I could continue but won't. The sound was so powerful that at any moment during a fight scene I felt I was about to be hit by debris!! (And that's not exaggerating. Note to self: remember where I sat, that was an awesome seat!!)

You would also find cute easter eggs in this movie,
(click to show/hide)

As you can see, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2010, 04:57:59 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2010, 06:16:03 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

snowcat

« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2010, 09:09:16 PM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2010, 01:07:56 AM »

Just Wright

The Plot: A physical therapist helps a famous basketball player and falls in love with him, but he is also her sister's fiance.

My Thoughts: You all know it's been a long time to wait between seeing and reviewing, but I have a good excuse!......Ok, I don't. ;)

This was actually a lot better than I thought it would be. It had love, some suspense, and that little flavor of soap opera that keeps the audience engaged. There's some hilarity in there too, mixed with sass. I'll never forget Queen Latifah threatening to pour ice water on that man in his bed if he didn't get ready for physical therapy!!  :hysterical: All in all, a pretty good movie, worth a 4 out of 5.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:01:47 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2010, 05:14:54 PM »

Kick-Ass

The Plot: A non-powered teenager decides the world needs heroes and dons a costume, not realizing he created a window where heroes began to emerge, such as Hit-Girl and Big Daddy.

My Thoughts: Wow, this really blew me away. I'm not going to reveal much, but one thing I didn't get was all the killing, I mean, they say they want to be heroes. Heroes don't kill. Vigilantes do. But, it is toned to be the real world, so I can accept that. In fact, I'm half tempted!! ;)

While I was looking for a picture, I noticed this was once a comic book. I'll need to look into it, this stuff is awesome!! This may not be a family film.....not even sure you can call it a superhero movie......but it is a 5 out of 5 movie, straight up! In spoiler print, you'll find some shots from the movie.

(click to show/hide)

« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

The Plot: Alice has once again fallen down the rabbit hole, and this time she has discovered the Red Queen has taken over Wonderland.....and she was the chosen champion.

My Thoughts: This is a very......unique movie. Everything in it made no sense with a fantasy outlook twisted with the sense of war against the Red Queen. That's what's cool about it! Some parts are confusing, but really enjoyable. And i have to say this....flutterwhacken!!!  :laugh: Haha, you'd get it if you saw the movie.

Looking at the down sides, although the movie is enjoyable, my head is still spinning from all the.....stuff.....I don't even know how to describe most of the things I saw! But I guess that's a day in the life of Wonderland! There were things I didn't expect to see:

(click to show/hide)

The movie is just plain weird!!!!..........................but that's what I like! I'd recommend it, but yeah, considered yourself warned! :P Its a good 4 out of 5.