Author Topic: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!  (Read 98852 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
yeah, maybe sometime soon.  :)

« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2010, 01:39:59 AM »

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

The Plot: Three orphans try to escape the evil Count Olaf (Jim Carrey) as he stops at nothing to steal their inheritance. Each orphan possesses a special skill. Violet is an inventor, Claus reads and memorizes everything, and Suny bites things.

My Thoughts: Right off the bat, it was a rather disappointing role for Jim carrey, they could have done more with his comedic talents in this movie. I loved the story of it all in all, especial the call-backs that keep being said about "The Littlest Elf". It was an ok movie, but I never really reaed  the books, so I'm not sure how well it stuck to the original material either. I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

Critter

« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2010, 03:57:33 AM »
To this day A Series of Unfortunate Events is still the only film adapation of a book that I like better than the book itself.

snowcat

« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2010, 09:08:22 PM »
I hated this film because it made no sense, i was a big fan of the books.

what made it worse was klaus was not wearing glasses, because of this there is no way to make the 4th book into a movie as it revolves around an opticians.

« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2010, 01:09:49 AM »
Ok, I'm a little late, but here is a movie I recently watched.

The Tooth Fairy

The Plot: After nearly ruining a kid's fantasy of the tooth fairy, that is exactly what the famous hockey player must become.

My Thoughts: It was a fairly funny movie, though I can't help but get my impulse to joke out of the way and say THEY MADE THE ROCK WEAR A TUTU!!! Ok, I'm good now, and calm down it was only one scene. :laugh: . I still remember laughing so hard when the Rock made fun of the boss and his caseworker by saying, "Everbody here has a British accent!". Besides the hilarity it had a very cool plot and message about the importance of a kid's fantasies. I give it a 4 out of 5.

Rogmeister

« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2010, 04:08:41 AM »
Interestingly, I never saw the movie Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events...but I bought the soundtrack!  Yes, I'm goofy that way  :laugh: but unlike some people, I like a good soundtrack and have been known to buy soundtracks to movies I have never seen...and may never see in the future.

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2010, 06:33:35 PM »

Superman Batman: Public Enemies

The Plot: With Lex Luthor the new president of the United States, Batman and Superman are seen as public enemies under a false murder charge. Greater still, even as villains want the million dollars on Superman's head and the heroes want to trun them in, a meteor is about to head strraight toward earth!!!

My Thoughts: Me being a comic nerd (all be it mainly Marvel, but still) I couldn't help but love the overflow of characters. I was familiar with most, so every minute (or just about) I was thinking to myself, "ooh, ooh! I remember him!". I still can't help by being put off a little by the fact that gizmo (or at least I think that's him) is calling himself Toyman. Whenever I hear that name I think the Batman villain. It's a very cool plot line, and the action scenes are awesome to look at. I give it a 4.5 out of 5.

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2010, 08:34:32 PM »

Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt

The Plot: Adam West and Burt Ward are on the trail of who stole the original Batmobile, and relive their past along the way.

My Thoughts: This is a pretty funny movie. I remember watching a commentary version of the movie they did, and I gotta tell you, as spoof-like this movie may be, the stories in the flashbacks are pretty accurate by the sounds of it! As much as you'd laugh watching the movie alone, that's the real funny part. As nice as it is, I've only seen the movie they did, so I don't have much attachment to the 60s Batman series. I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2010, 09:46:15 PM »

Hey Arnold! The Movie

The Plot: A fourth-grader and his best friend try to keep an industrialist from bull-dozing his town.

My Thoughts: This really brings back memories. I used to watch the TV show every weekday afterschool. It definitely has its funny points, but some things in the movie I found funny as a kid, I find disturbing now, but I guess thats an age-group thing. I give it a 4 out of 5.

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2010, 09:54:29 PM »

Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow

The Plot: The children of the Avengers hone their powers and go head to head with the very enemy responsible for their parents' demise.

My Thoughts: This is a movie I always enjoy watching. The humor in it is hilarious, and its so cute watching heroes fight in an age starting at eight! Or maybe Pym was six? Idk, one of the two. One thing that bugs me is they never told us who azari's mother was, though it was specific he was the son of the Black Panther. After some digging I found his mother would be Storm, but they probably didn't cover that so they can keep it an Avengers movie without having to dig into the X-Men, so that's completely understandable. The action is awesome, its so cool how they brought the Hulk back, and I loved how they ended it just like their parents. "Avengers, ASSEMBLE!!!" This is a definite 5 out of 5.

« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2010, 07:19:47 PM »

The Exorcist

The Plot: When a teenager is possessed by a mysterious entity, her mother seeks the help of two priests to save her daughter.

My Thoughts: Wow. May not seem all that scary this day and age, but it definitely had some creepy, if not disturbing, moments. Some of you may know my cousin Kelley watched this movie and laughed all the way through it. After watching it, all I have to say is this......I have one demented cousin. :axed: LOL, but in all seriousness, it was probably the scariest it could possibly be for that time, and I gotta give the creators some credit with the make-up on the girl. This may be an obvious statement, but she looked totally possessed!! Still, some parts I saw no point to, and not because it was senslessly gross or scary or anything, but just plain disturbing and kinda sickening. I give it a 4 out of 5.

Critter

« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2010, 11:30:06 PM »
I still haven't seen The Exorcist because I'm too scared to watch it... :bag:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2010, 11:53:16 PM »
Should I say it?....

Nah.... I am going to be good.....

Ok.... so I couldn't help myself.  :tease:
Pete

Critter

« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »
Hahaha Pete, I'm not offended in any way because when it comes to horror films I am the first to admit I am a chicken. I was at my friends place one night and a few of us were watching DVD's. One of my friends rented out The Ring but while they weren't looking I hid it so in the end we didn't watch it becuase no one knew where it was. I still haven't seen it :-[

snowcat

« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2010, 12:46:08 AM »
I enjoyed the exorcist... well, maybe enjoy it not the right word :S I liked it....

Can you enjoy a horror movie?  :P