Author Topic: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!  (Read 98851 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2009, 12:45:08 AM »
LOL... that is cool... but I would have never noticed it while watching the movie. I tend not to pay to much attention to the crowd behind the main scene like that.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2009, 12:48:07 AM »
Haha, me and my cousins used to play this game where we would name the background characters so when they appeared again in the film we could say

"Weird person wearing a woolly jumper, is back!" (for instance :P) They spent alot of time in America when I was little so I guess it came from that... but I did not think anything of it until you mentioned the characters name.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »
two threads of chatting about three actors(actresses)? LOL, have fun, I'll be gone for a while! :laugh:

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2010, 03:18:19 AM »
ok, well school's coming and I'm watching The Spectacular Spider-Man with Dad, so the Wolverine review will be some time over the weekend. Wish I could fit in both, but I'm also a writer so....

snowcat

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »
Good luck with that! I tend to find everything slows down during college, but I made it part of my list of new years resolutions to write more reviews  :P

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2010, 12:58:52 AM »
Hey! Had some spare time, watched this again, decided to tell ya what I think.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

The Plot:After seeking to live a normal life, Logan sets out to avenge the death of his girlfriend by undergoing the mutant Weapon X program and becoming Wolverine.

My Thoughts:I thought this movie was amazing in theaters, but watching it again and me now being a comic book geek, I fully understand what's happening here. It was cool how they introduced terms like adamantium, Weapon X, and such so new guys can understand it. It also had funny moments. Some things did bug me though, like the way DeadPool had so many powers, his skin was normal compared to what it should be, and they sewed his mouth shut. (which is ripped open in the end.)All the same the action was awesome, and I'm guessiung they'll go deeper in the 2011 DeadPool movie, so I can forgive that. I think it's real cool how they fit in Gambit, Professor X, Emma Frost, and Cyclops too. The moon/wolverine story Logan's girlfriend told him was a little on the corny side, but it later plays a major part in the story, so I can forgive that too. The way they condensed the characters, along with the humor, romance, action, and overall coolness, I gotta give this 5 out of 5.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2010, 09:01:22 AM »
As you can see Britt couldn't wait till this weekend... so she watched the movie with her uncle last night.  :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »
It's Hugh Jackman! How could she possibly wait :devil:

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2010, 12:36:09 PM »
 ::) Don't give him ideas!

But When I first watched it in thaters, I didn't know what all was going on.Now that I'm reading more comics, I think I really fully understand it now. Problem was
I didn't recognize Wade when I saw him, I mean, all those powers and katanas shoved up his arms? It just really confused me when I was watching it first time, but the more you watch a movie, the more you uncover about it, at least that's what I find.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »
It's Hugh Jackman! How could she possibly wait :devil:

Oh so that is what it was... huh?  :laugh:
Pete

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2010, 02:16:49 AM »
 :devil: :devil: You never frame a girl in front of her father! Muhahahaha!!! :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:23:31 AM by addicted2comics(:P) »

Rogmeister

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2010, 02:21:56 AM »
I saw Hugh Jackman on The Jay Leno Show last night.  He was juggling flaming batons...  :laugh:  My brother has that Wolverine movie on blu-ray.  Maybe he'll show it to me someday.

Critter

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2010, 03:12:05 AM »
That Wolverine film has been annoying me becuase I wanted to buy X-Men 1-3 on DVD boxset but now they only have box sets of 4 with Wolverine in it  :(. I really wanted just the three originals in one set not including any of the 'origins' films as they are still making those I think I don't buy box sets of things that are still coming. I would have preffered if they kept the three originals as the set then maybe after more origin films are released they could put them in a set as well. But no, they had to go and blow all my great plans  :redcard:

snowcat

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2010, 08:42:46 AM »
...They sell boxsets of the first three all over the internet.

Critter

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2010, 11:59:57 AM »
Ah damn I hate internet buying, I'm more of the type to go into stores and hand over cash with someone. Although I have on occaision used the net for the more pesky DVD's.