Author Topic: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!  (Read 98835 times)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2comics(:P)'s Official Review Thread!!!
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2010, 12:37:35 AM »
Weren't they nominated for Best Animated short a few years ago? Their stuff looks familiar.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2010, 01:08:12 AM »
Weren't they nominated for Best Animated short a few years ago? Their stuff looks familiar.

Not at the Oscars, AFAIK. Street of Crocodiles was nominated in Cannes at the time, but that surely is more than a "few" years ago.
Matthias

snowcat

« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »
Have you ever seen any of Jan Svankmajer stuff? he uses stop motion.... but alot of it quite scary in a really strange way.

A few of his videos... Quite unnerving 
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:25:53 AM by Emma (snowcat) »

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2010, 10:50:09 AM »
Have you ever seen any of Jan Svankmajer stuff? he uses stop motion.... but alot of it quite scary in a really strange way.

I don't think I have, but scary and strange could be said about the Quay Brothers as well. From what I've heard and read, they are influenced by Svankmajer and one of their early shorts that's also on the BFI DVD was The Cabinet of Jan Svankmajer.
Matthias

snowcat

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2010, 11:25:13 AM »
I had a quick look at there stuff... and it does seem pretty influenced by Jan... its cool! I left a few of his videos in the spoilers... they are a bit scary lol

Critter

« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2010, 12:06:07 PM »
The single scariest scene in stop motion I have ever seen is...

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2010, 11:20:38 AM »
 :surrender:

I know when I'm outnumbered!!

I'll rephrase again.

After seeing the Nightmare Before Christmas, I expected this type of animation from influence/directing of Tim Burton, but I'm still a little turned off by it.

Everybody happy?  :laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
 :P you shouldn't worry about outnumbering! your opinion is your opinion even if people disagree.

RossRoy

« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2010, 09:52:28 PM »
:P you shouldn't worry about outnumbering! your opinion is your opinion even if people disagree.

Exactly!

and now I feel bad since I'm basically the one who sparked the whole conversation.. Hope you can forgive me Brittany!  :-[

« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2010, 11:48:19 PM »
I was only teasing, and I only changed facts like who directed what, no need to ask forgivness!! :tease:

« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »
well, haven't posted in a while, but I got two more reviews for you all. First up:

Superhero Movie

The Plot: This is a spoof of superhero movies from the Marvel Universe, but none more than Spider-Man, or in this case, the Dragonfly. Thia also features the Fantastic Four and the X-Men spoofs, all intertwining to defeat the Hourglass.

My Thoughts: Superhero Movie, I have to admit was pretty funny. I know a lot of the jokes could be considered tired, but there are jokes in it that you know you caught yourself wondering while watching the other movies, like "That must be a really tall building if they are still falling" or "How can he see/breathe through that mask?" Still, I'm not a fan of this type of comedies as a whole, so that's pushing me away a little. I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5.

« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2010, 05:01:13 PM »

Hannah Montana: The Movie

The Plot: Miley is sent to her home town in Tennesee to learn about her roots when her father think she has grown too accustomed to the "city life" in California.While there, Miley starts to wonder, if it would be better for everyone to reveal her secret to the public: Hannah Montana is Miley Stewart. Meanwhile her father starys to rekindle his romantic side, and the town is trying to save land from being turned into a mall.

My Thoughts: I thought this movie was really heart-touching, and the ending was so powerfully stated that I admit I almost cried, but I'm not gonna spoil it for you, so if you wanna know what it was, either go to a site for spoilers or watch it yourself! :tease: It was still missing that light-hearted-sense that the series has, but for the message of that movie, that's ok. It had some fun songs, some more serious, and it's easy to say this movie isn't about Hannah Montana, it's about Miley. I give it 4.5 out of 5.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 06:42:17 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

snowcat

« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2010, 06:29:27 PM »
You know of all the recent Spoof movies I felt Superhero movie was one of the best, I felt that it was sometimes unfairly criticised and lumbered with Epic/Date and Disaster Movie

« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »
yeah, i thought it was really good too, just not into that type of movie, but I gotta say my favorite part was when Rick tried on his costume, and his friend was guessing, like:

(click to show/hide)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »
I may have to give Superhero Movie another chance. I mean I didn't hate it... but it isn't one of my favorites either. Here is my thoughts of the movie from the review I did...

I normally really enjoy movie spoofs... and I normally love Superhero movies... so I went into this one fully expecting I would enjoy it.But I cam out of it with mixed feelings.There was parts of it that I really enjoyed... and yet parts that I found a little too stupid. I also didn't really care too much for the ending they chose. I found I liked the alternate ending better then the one they used. So even though I will enjoy this movie from time to time when I want to see something just stupid and silly... for the most part I am let down with this one. I wouldn't say to the point that I am sorry I bought it... more like I wish I would have waited till the price went down to under $10.

Hey Britt maybe you should check out the DVD to see the alternate ending. See if you agree with me that the alternate ending was better.
Pete