Author Topic: My 25 Days of Christmas Marathon  (Read 25745 times)

Najemikon

Re: My 25 Days of Christmas Marathon
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »
No, I have to disagree, Kathy. If a film is crap, then off it goes, sequel or not. There's no room on my shelves for MIBII, Alien 4 ;), Speed 2 or Matrix films with too many words in the title. There's also only one Jaws film as far as my collection is concerned...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 06:07:25 PM »
Thanks Kathy... but I don't think it is true that I have to have all the sequels even if the movie sucks... but I do have to SEE the sequel so I can make up my own mind if I think it sucks or not. Unfortunately since there is no way for me to rent (no store locally... our mail service sucks so netflix is out) I must buy it first to find out. :P

Then again... there may be something to what you say... I did after all recently get Superman 4 to complete that series. LOL
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 09:08:06 PM »

ER: The Gift
It's Christmas Eve, and Cvetic is still missing. Benton announces the availabi...lity of a dying man's organs before he has permission from the wife. Chloe is pregnant. Ross shows up at Hathaway's engagement party--univited.

My Thoughts:
This was, of course the first Christmas episode of the series. It was a pretty good episode... though I will admit I have seen better. This one dealt with a boy almost drowning in a frozen lake and a man in a santa suit with heart problems. Also Dr. Greene can not get out of the hospital to get his wife a Christmas gift.
Pete

richierich

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 10:34:33 PM »
I liked it. It appealed to my twisted sense of humour! However, it wasn't a keeper...  ;)

I thought it was great, definately appealed to my twisted sense of humour as well   :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 12:31:42 AM »
December 9th

Jingle All the Way
'Arnold Schwarzenegger' stars in this hilarious holiday comedy as a father desperate to buy that must-have Christmas toy during a frantic last-minute shopping spree on Christmas eve.

Howard Langston (Schwarzenegger) has promised his young son a Turbo Man action figure for Christmas, unaware that it's the season's hottest selling toy. And so begins a frenzied quest that pits Howard against a stressed-out mailman (Sinbad), a sleazy Santa impersonator (James Belushi) and every other harried parent in town, in "the best holiday family film in years." (Don Stotter, Entertainment Time-Out)

My Thoughts:
This is one of the Christmas movies I am always sure to watch every year. It is just a fun movie with a nice handful of laughs in it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 08:26:51 PM »
December 10th

Black X-Mas
THE HORROR CLASSIC 'BLACK CHRISTMAS', which spawned a wave of hit slasher films, is re-imagined for a new generation of fans in this terrifying remake. A group of sorority sisters, snowed in over the holiday break, tried desperately to survive the night as a relentless killer terrorizes and murders them, one by one. Featuring an old-school slasher story, the modern horror touch of director Glen Morgan (writer/producer, 'Final Destination') and a cast of today's hottest stars, including Michelle Trachtenberg ('Eurotrip'), Lacey Chabert ('Mean Girls'), Katie Cassidy ('When a Stranger Calls'), and Mary Elizabeth Winstead ('Grindhouse'), 'Black Christmas' is a thrilling, blood-soaked screamfest.

My Thoughts:
Ahhh... now this is better... what Christmas is all about... Family. Slight Spoiler:
(click to show/hide)
Now you had to know there was no way I was going to miss out on watching some Christmas horror movies! Though I don't have many at the moment... I still need to see the original Black Christmas... which I hear is awesome. I did enjoy this remake.. though it is impossible for me to compare with the original. That might be a good thing. There is a nice amount of gore in this movie... some of which is realistic enough... other which looks very fake.  I did feel this movie went on longer then it had to... I don't know it just felt like it slowed down towards the end. This movie does have 1 (that I noticed) familiar face in it... Michelle Trachtenberg  (Dawn on Buffy the Vampire Slayer) which was pretty cool to see.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 10:18:12 PM »
December 11th

X-Files: How the Ghosts Stole Christmas
Mulder convinces Scully to put aside her gift wrapping on the night before Christmas to help him stake out a reputed haunted house.

My Thoughts:
This is one of my favorite (if not my all-time favorite) Christmas episodes. It is just a fun and quirky episode. It also has a very small cast... only 4 people through-out this entire episodes the main stars of the show (Dechovny & Anderson) and Lily Tomlin & Ed Asner.The episode not only has some of the usual haunted house gimmicks.. but also has a few laughs in it as well.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 10:25:10 PM »
Thanks for that memory, Pete. I loved that episode. Perfect X-Files just when the quality for me was starting to dip.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 02:07:09 AM »
December 12th

Smallville: Lexmas
It's a wonderful life, Lex. A tragedy on Christmas Eve gives him a glimpse of a potentially happy future with wife Lana...if he makes the right choices. Meanwhile, Clark assists a disheartened Santa Claus.

My Thoughts:
This was a good episode... I enjoyed it more then I expected to when I originally heard that they were making a Christmas episode. It shows just how twisted Lex's mind really is. I also liked how they did Clark rushing around delivering gifts and meeting Santa.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 01:00:51 AM »
December 13th

Step by Step: Christmas Story
Frank and Carol end up in jail on Christmas morning and the kids learn an important lesson about thankfulness.

My Thoughts:
This episode guest starred Don Knotts (who starred with Suzanne Somers on Three's Company) playing Deputy Fiefe (that is feefe not fife), the cop that arrested Frank and Carol in the toy store.I enjoyed the episode... it was fun seeing Suzanne Somers and Don Knotts together again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2007, 08:45:02 PM »
December 14th

It's a Wonderful Life
No one is born to be a failure. No one is poor who has friends. Simple thoughts that were the inspiration for one of the richest, most uplifting, most beloved American films ever made. Frank Capra's classic tale of George Bailey and his Christmas Eve visit with a guardian angel was nominated for five OscarsĀ® including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actor. After more than 50 years it remains as powerful and moving as the day it was made.

My Thoughts:
This has always been "THE" classic Christmas movie for me to catch every year. This DVD was given to me last year this time for my Christmas marathon. It is one Christmas movie I always liked to watch each year. I am thrilled I now have it on DVD... as No more worries about commercials... let alone finding it on TV each year! Definitely one of my favorite holiday movies.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2007, 10:13:11 PM »
December 15th

Tales from the Crypt: ...And All Through the House
A greedy woman makes the mistake of murdering her husband while an escaped mental patient dressed in a Santa Claus outfit is on the loose.

My Thoughts:
This episode is from the first season of Tales from the Crypt... it also remains on of my favorite episodes. This episode also made me a fan of Larry Drake in horrors. I know Christmas is on the way when I watch this episode!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2007, 05:55:09 PM »
December 16th

Picket Fences: Pageantry
The townspeople are livid when they discover that a woman schoolteacher, who is also supposed to play Mary in the upcoming Christmas pageant, is a transexual.

My Thoughts:
Watching this series I feel it does tend to get heavy on being preachy... but for some reason I discovered I have gotten hooked on the series itself. This episode was good... and I enjoyed it.... but like most the episodes it does get to be preachy.

Picket Fences: High Tidings
The day before Christmas is anything but jolly after Brock catches his daughter having sex; Kimberly's birthmother, Sheriff Brock's first wife, arrives. An angry and delusional Santa Claus takes Max and Ginny hostage.

My Thoughts:
Now... this I found unusual... The first season actually had 2 Christmas episodes in the one season. The episode I enjoyed more then the pageant episode... but that is probably because it is centered around Kimberly... and of course Kimberly is played by the always lovely Holly Marie Combs. So as much as I adore her... I had to really enjoy this episode. This episode makes me wonder how I will react when it comes time that I find out Brittany is sexually active (Hopefully long LONG time from now). I had to admit it... but I would probably go (or atleast feel) as nuts as the father did in this episode.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2007, 12:18:05 AM »
December 17th

Step by Step: I'll Be Home for Christmas
It's christmas time at the Lambert/Foster's and J.T. decides he's to old to spend Christmas with the family and he wants to go skiing with his buddies.Frank doesn't want him to, but doesn't object.J.T. realizes the minute they arrive at the cabin that he made a mistake and would rather go home.He calls Cody and confesses, but refuses to call Frank.Cody talks Frank into going to see J.T. and he admits he would rather be home with the family and Frank says he wants him home too.

My Thoughts:
Decent episode... but far from great. I definitely much prefer the other Christmas episode on this disc.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2007, 12:26:31 AM »
December 18th

Mork & Mindy: Mork's First Christmas
After Mindy teaches him about the meaning of Christmas, Mork decides that it would be in the true spirit of the season to invite the abrasive Susan to join them for the Yuletide festivities. Later, Mork garners mixed reactions from the odd assortment of homemade Christmas gifts he gives.

My Thoughts:
I don't know what it is about this show... but I have always found Mork & Mindy to be hilarious! And this episode is no different! I loved Mok in the beginning when he was panicking... not knowing what Christmas was... especially loved the joke about Deck the Halls. And those gifts he gave... absolutely hilarious! I definitely need to get the second season of this series before too long.
Pete