Author Topic: Pete's Pilots  (Read 62437 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Pete's Pilots
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2011, 12:02:38 AM »
Yeah... I noticed that. And that will be fine once I get caught up again. But I have so many I am behind now I think I need to redo the thread again first... then do it the way you are doing it from that point on.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2011, 12:16:47 AM »
If I was to redo this thread... I would be adding an additional 31 series that I bought since I started it the first time.

I will have to think about it. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »
Palace Guard
A former thief is hired to head security for the international hotel chain he used to target. The ex-criminal, who also happens to be the illegitimate son of the founder and president of the company, travels around the world investigating break-ins, thefts and murders, employing rather unconventional means.

1. Pilot
In the series pilot, former hotel thief Tommy Logan has been hired to head security for the chain he used to hit and finds himself investigating a suicide at the Palace in Acapulco.

My Thoughts:
This is a double length pilot. I have the complete series in my Prime Time Crime collection. The series was canceled after only three episodes. But all nine produced episodes are in this collection. Reading about this series when I bought the set... this is the series I was the least interested in checking out. Just didn't sound like it would be a show I would enjoy. Which is probably why it took me so long to continue this thread.  :bag:

After watching it I must say... I enjoyed it much more then I thought I would. It is a bit of a slow start. On the hour and a half pilot it took me a good half an hour before I even started to get into the show. But by the time it was over I was more or less hooked. So much so that I am now tempted to continue on with the series instead of working more on this thread. Even though It turned out that I enjoyed this one... I am not surprised it was canceled. Though I do feel canceling any show after only 3 episodes is jumping the gun. I will be looking forward to watching more episodes of this one before too long.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »
Party of Five: The Complete First Season
After the sudden loss of their parents, the Salingers must band together to keep their own lives on track, discovering first loves, last calls, and themselves along the rocky road to growing up.  Headlined by a young, sexy cast, including Neve Campbell, Scott Wolf, and Lacey Chabert, this highly rated, long-running series (1994-2000) firmly found its place as a pop culture phenomenon for all ages.  Shot through with equal doses heartache and laugher, PARTY OF FIVE: COMPLETE FIRST SEASON remains an emotional knockout, delivering 22 episodes of the Golden Globe-winning (Best TV Seris, Drama, 1996) series breakthrough debut season, proving again that home is where the heart is.

Pilot
Five children orphaned by their parents' fatal auto accident seek to make their way in San Francisco.

My Thoughts:
Good story... but we are talking about pure hard drama here. Because of this there is only so much I can sit and watch at one time. Though the story does draw you in. And I can see myself getting into it. Just need to put the time into the series.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2011, 08:24:52 PM »
Picket Fences: Season One
Eccentricity defines daily life in Rome, Wisconsin, where the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz is murdered, a student brings a severed hand to school for show-and-tell, and a woman runs over her husband with a steamroller pleading "not guilty by reason of menopause". Sheriff Jimmy Brock has seen it all. Indeed, behind the tidy picket fences of this quirky little town lie all the same problems and prejudices found in the big city, except in a small town everyone seems to know everyone else's business -- or thinks they do!

Pilot:
The small town of Rome, Wisconsin, gets more excitement than it can handle when a famous rock duo hits town just after the Tin Man is murdered during a community theater production of The Wizard of Oz.

My Thoughts:
This show is an odd case for me. I find it to be preachy to the point of annoying... but at the same time a very addictive series that I have a hard time not to continue watching. One of the stars of this show is a rather young Holly Marie Combs (who I have been a long time fan of) playing the sheriff's daughter. This episode does a good job introducing the characters.  While it is doubtful after all these years... I would still like to see more seasons of this series be released.

My Rating:
Pete