Author Topic: To All My Great Friends Here...  (Read 5104 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: To All My Great Friends Here...
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 10:24:51 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 10:33:19 PM »
Pete, I am very sorry for your loss.  I will be thinking of you tonight.  My deepest condolences.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 12:14:37 AM »
Thank You Roger
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 09:01:47 AM »
I realise I have only been here 5 minutes but have been following you story via the board, Pete I am sorry to hear about your loss, its horrible to loose anyone for any reason, more so when that person is extremely close. Now, I have not lost a parent but I have lost a few close friends and its hurts a lot. my condolences to you and your daughter. And now for the Cliché, she will always be alive in your heart.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »
Pete, my sincere condolences as well. Jon said it in the exact way I was thinking it too. It felt like I knoew yur mother and when I read your post about her passing away I welled up a bit.

I wish all the best for your family, especially Brittany, to get through this painful time.

Critter

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 11:15:09 AM »
I'm really bad with words so I'll just say that I know I haven't known you long but my thoughts are with you.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 01:35:41 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

I obviously didn't get to be online much yesterday... and don't expect to much today either. When my brothers got here after finishing up with Hospice they told me that mom did go peacefully... so at least she didn't suffer. And something one of my brothers told me really means a lot to me somehow. Just before she passed he leaned down towards her and said... mom, smile for me. And she actually smiled. Like all is ok.
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 01:40:44 PM »
What a great last memory for your brother.

Najemikon

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »
That is precious. I lost a very dear uncle about 10 years ago and on the night he died, there was no response from him at all. But my Dad called him by a nickname and there was the merest flash of recognition. That was some comfort at least.

RossRoy

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2009, 08:17:23 PM »
When my grandfather died about 15 years ago, he unfortunately left us in a completely delirious state of mind. He couldn't recognize anyone, didn't even realize in was in a hospital. The last few hours were very difficult. But, even in his state of complete delirium, just a few minutes before he died, he wanted to see "ti-gars" (little guy in french)... this happened to be MY nickname!!! He couldn't recognize his children, couldn't even recognize his wife!!! But he was calling MY name before he died!...........

Since then, I've always regretted not going to see him in the hospital. I've always hated myself for never going to see him, but I was 14 at the time, and my parents wanted me to remember him as he was, not as he left us. But still.. Even now, 15 years later, when I think of my grandfather, it stirs up so much emotion.

Sorry for that....

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2009, 09:34:14 PM »
Since then, I've always regretted not going to see him in the hospital. I've always hated myself for never going to see him, but I was 14 at the time, and my parents wanted me to remember him as he was, not as he left us. But still.. Even now, 15 years later, when I think of my grandfather, it stirs up so much emotion.

Sorry for that....

I feel a lot like that about my grandmother.  I had been going to see her in the hospital, but it was hard on me at the time.  I was...10 I think.  I didn't go to the hospital for a little while..a few days I think it was.  She started to get a bit better from what my grandfather was saying, so I was thinking I would go the next day again.  She died that afternoon.  I'm still very emotional about grandma and it has been over 20 years now, so I understand how you feel.

Ok...I'll be quiet now..I wasn't trying to ...take over the discussion or anything.

Pete, that is a nice moment your brother told you about. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2009, 12:59:33 PM »
Not a great way to wake up...

I was laying in bed... in a half-sleep state. When apparently I was dreaming. I heard my mother calling me as she has done many mornings before (my room is right next to hers so she always called me when she needed something). So I jumped up out of bed and was half way out of the room before I realized.  :weep:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 04:02:23 PM »
I was just at the website for our local newspaper. My mother's Obituary is there today. So I imagine that it will be in today's actual paper as well.
Pete