Author Topic: Boomstick's 2009 Horror Marathon  (Read 16349 times)

Boomstick98

Re: Boomstick's 2009 Horror Marathon
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 03:15:30 AM »
Fallen (1998)  :)

Plot: John Hobbes watches Edgar Reese, a convicted murderer Hobbes brought to justice, get executed. Reese dies with great bravado, and then a series of murders are committed using Reese's methods. As Hobbes follows up the last clues Reese left, we see an evil presence move from person to person by touch. Hobbes comes closer and closer to the secret as the presence taunts him more and more openly, threatening everyone Hobbes holds dear in the world.

My O: I like most of Denzel Washington's movies, so I decided to give this one a try. This was a pretty good watch, but I do feel that it could have been better. There were a lot of cool things that could have been done with this idea, but it seems the director opted to build suspense by letting everything slowly play out. This would have been fine, but I really didn't get the feeling that Washington's character was in any real danger until the last 30 min of the movie. Overall it is a decent watch and their are a couple of cool scenes involving the evil presence moving from person to person as mentioned in the plot above. I just felt that there were a few missed opportunities with this film.

Boomstick98

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 03:47:56 AM »
It Waits (2005)    :yawn:

Plot: A lone female park ranger tries to track down a vicious creature killing various people and terrorizing her at a remote national park.

My O: I went in with low expectation for this film. It centers around a female park ranger (actress in now way fits the part) being terrorized by a monster in the woods. The director spends most of the movie trying to build suspense by just giving small quick glimpses of the monster. This works okay for the most part, and it was probably for the best with the low budget the movie had. The practical effects of the monster suit weren't that bad, but when the CGI scenes come in it doesn't even look like the same creature (think Sci Fi channel).  It just had the feeling of a cheesy monster movie that was taking itself way too seriously.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 04:02:48 AM »
Depend of the taste since I've really appreciate it ;D
This is not really a monster movie, but a movie who deal with the remorse we had because of our previous error. The monster is just a metaphor for this, sometimes an horror movie had a deepest meaning than just the obvious scary moment. ;)

Boomstick98

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 05:25:40 AM »
Depend of the taste since I've really appreciate it ;D
This is not really a monster movie, but a movie who deal with the remorse we had because of our previous error. The monster is just a metaphor for this, sometimes an horror movie had a deepest meaning than just the obvious scary moment. ;)

I didn't get that from it at all. ???
(click to show/hide)
Guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. :shrug:  ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 05:34:51 AM by Boomstick98 »