Author Topic: The Informant  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
The Informant
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:10:10 AM »
The Informant

This movie is based on the true story of Mark Whitacre and how he becomes an informant for the FBI against the company he was working for.  Mark cooperated with the FBI for a few years, taping conversations and meetings. Things get more complicated when some inconsistencies start coming out.

The pace is a little slower at times, but I never felt like it was dragging.  Time is taken to show that Mark and his wife have a good life before he gets involved with the FBI.  Mark first meets the FBI at work for a completely different matter and then he just starts sharing all sorts of information about price fixing.  The movie is very interesting, especially consider that it is a true story.  Matt Damon did a really good job as Mark.  I thought the movie was very entertaining overall and deserves to be seen, though it won’t appeal to a lot of people.

I want to mention something else here that will be a fairly big spoiler I think.  So don't click on the button thing unless you are sure you want to know more specifics about something. 
You have been warned. ;)

(click to show/hide)

I did get a review posted on Epinions - that doesn't include the specifics in the spoiler I have here.

The Informant

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Informant
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:02:53 PM »
Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone seen Soderbergh's previous one, The Girlfriend Experience? With Sasha Grey (Jimmy? :devil:)
Matthias

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: The Informant
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
Not yet, since it will be release this week here. I've it on my wishlist for an order thursday. No idea if the film is good, but the synopsis had get my attention and of course Sasha Grey is a nice looking girl (I haven't seen any of her other film since I hate those films even more than Hollywood productions).