Author Topic: One friggin' trillion bytes!  (Read 2042 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
One friggin' trillion bytes!
« on: August 25, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
Since my 250 GB HDD is constantly running full, I decided to buy me a new external HDD. Since I am satisfied with the old one, I once again took a "My Book" by Western Digital.

Now I have 931 GB* of space for more TV Shows.  :devil:

* HDD people calculate with the base of 10 to the power of n, while Computer people and operation systems calculate with the base of 2 to the power of n. So for a HDD manufacturer 1TB = 10^12 Byte = 1,000,000,000,000 Bytes, while in reality this amount of bytes comes up to only 931.323 GB.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: One friggin' trillion bytes!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »
I have no idea what any of that means but you seem to be excited so...Congratulations! :cheers:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 06:44:44 AM »
That thing looks cool Karsten.

I have currently around 750GB of storage and it seems it will last me a little while longer. Of course, I am not tapping any preview-networks so the need for space isn't quite that strong either.

I have no idea what any of that means but you seem to be excited so...Congratulations! :cheers:
:hysterical:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 11:35:24 AM »

:goodpost: